Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: ISN’T EVERYONE (Health/NIN collab)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    I'll gonna add that if you have the chance to see HEALTH live go for it because those tracks live are on another level.
    shameless plug

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    this song >>>>> babysitter

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    That track is extremely satisfying and a little dream coming true! Why did it take so long for them to collaborate? Anysways, this is a fantastic track! I'm sure new NIN will be different, but it makes me pumped for whatever Trent is throwing our way!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    I've actually never heard Health before but this track is great. I was just on their youtube listening to other recent stuff they've done and I really dig No God In Thunderdome, Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0, and their Blue Monday cover. Is this dystopian, synthy, electronic sort of vibe a new direction in their sound or do they have more like this? I see they're considered noise rock but I really love the sound they have in some of this newer stuff and my brain wants more.
    There was a big shift in sound between their 2nd and 3rd album. Check out Death Magic, Slaves of Fear and Disco 4 Pt. I if you like their current output.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    There was a big shift in sound between their 2nd and 3rd album. Check out Death Magic, Slaves of Fear and Disco 4 Pt. I if you like their current output.
    Been listening to random stuff of theirs since I posted last haha. Yeah their earlier stuff was a bit more harsh but still I like it. Is No God In Thunderdome exclusive to a video game soundtrack? Love that track. Their sound is an odd mix of stuff I love. Why the fuck have I not heard of them before? I gotta get better friends.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    This shit sounds like a natural progression from what they were doing on Bad Witch. Yes, keep going in this direction, fellas..
    To me it sounds very Add Violence inspired with the nihlism from Bad Witch

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    Slaves of Fear is so damn good. That album was on repeat when they released it. Similar in the vein of Isnt Everyone, with Jake's soft vocals between the harsh music.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Been listening to random stuff of theirs since I posted last haha. Yeah their earlier stuff was a bit more harsh but still I like it. Is No God In Thunderdome exclusive to a video game soundtrack? Love that track. Their sound is an odd mix of stuff I love. Why the fuck have I not heard of them before? I gotta get better friends.
    No God In Thunderdome is from GTA Online: Arena War. There's a EP with other songs, all instrumentals except this one.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This playlist is a MOOD.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    This playlist is a MOOD.

AMAZING
    shit
    AMAZING
    shit
    AMAZING
    shit

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    AMAZING
    shit
    AMAZING
    shit
    AMAZING
    shit
    Ah, we can always count on you to bring a post down with a negative opinion you’ve already stated one or more times. Thanks, pal!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really, really, desperately want NIN to revisit "Now I'm Nothing". That sound recorded in the style of ISN'T EVERYONE will be the banger of the year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    I really, really, desperately want NIN to revisit "Now I'm Nothing". That sound recorded in the style of ISN'T EVERYONE will be the banger of the year.
    You are not alone.

The only official version released is the Lollapalooza live performance on Closure.

It was literally written as an opener. To give it an album proper?

We can only hope that a studio recording is Track 1 on the new album.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Paging Mike Patton, Greg Puciato and Justin Broadrick
    Would love to see what Trent/Atticus can come up with working with Devin Townsend, or even have Marc Rebillet come into the studio and they just improvise livestream for 2 hours.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Ah, we can always count on you to bring a post down with a negative opinion you’ve already stated one or more times. Thanks, pal!
    You brought a bag of garbage to a delicious meal. What did you expect?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    AMAZING
    shit
    AMAZING
    shit
    AMAZING
    shit
    Bro this ain't it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been weirdly creeping on this forum since the Year Zero AR stuff, and I still go here to read reactions whenever new Trent stuff comes up, and for whatever reason I decided NOW is the time to make and account lol. Anyways, the new song/collaboration with HEALTH is fucking great. Also, hello!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticanteven View Post
    I've been weirdly creeping on this forum since the Year Zero AR stuff, and I still go here to read reactions whenever new Trent stuff comes up, and for whatever reason I decided NOW is the time to make and account lol. Anyways, the new song/collaboration with HEALTH is fucking great. Also, hello!
    Hello, and welcome!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This playlist is a MOOD.

Remember those ET videos?!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Bro this ain't it
    Half of it is!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "Babysitter" is hype, hard to please motherfuckers. Garbage-shit is what the last 628 Van Morrison albums he's put out this year are.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    "Babysitter" is hype, hard to please motherfuckers.
    THANK YOU. As for Isn't Everyone, I have this to say: Most people age. Trent just gets angrier.

I've been waiting for a track like this ever since HEALTH recorded USA BOYS at TRAR's studio. Worth the wait.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Are those Trent’s vocals in the lower part of the harmony that comes in in the second half of the chorus lines at the very end?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Anyone here purchase music off Health's Bandcamp? I wanted to know if their downloads are hi-res or not? Qobuz has hi-res.
    Just because I didn't see an answer explicitly posted here, the Bandcamp download is 48 kHz, 24 bit, so same specs as Qobuz for the same price (or, well, a penny more). Further evidence to my theory that TR+AR are working exclusively at 48/24 since the film scoring really took off.

Will also take this post to talk about how good AR's mix of this track is. There's certain processing (delays, specifically) I want to hear of TR's voice and he nails it here (no pun intended).

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Kirra View Post
    The song is pretty legit, but I can't help but chuckle that the song uses the same sample I ended up using in a soundtrack piece I put together a couple weeks ago.

I hope to hear more soon!
    Holy crap! What's the sample called?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This track is good stuff. Now give me more.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Are those Trent’s vocals in the lower part of the harmony that comes in in the second half of the chorus lines at the very end?
    I don't have anything actually useful to add here, other than I've been wondering the same thing. I go back and forth depending on the listen.

In an attempt to make this slightly less of a useless post, I'll also join the general chorus of "omg, this track is amazing." Was super psyched to find out about the collab, and from an interview with HEALTH, it sounded like a pretty great time. I enjoyed the bit about HEALTH's vocalist (sorry, I forget the name despite really liking those fellows) being reluctant to have his own voice at all getting in the way of Trent's; sounded like he had to be convinced to layer the vocals in like that. :P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1stinct View Post
    Here's ixi with her analysis and reaction to the song. I've watched a few of her videos so far and she really digs deep!

I've really become a fan of her videos, so, thanks to whomever initially posted her break-downs here. In this case, it was fun seeing her genuine enthusiasm at her first listen of this track. As for the track, yeah, loved it and really look forward to what both NIN and Health create, next (either collectively or separately).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    In a week, everyone will forget about this uninspired track, but it was a good week.