Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: ISNíT EVERYONE (Health/NIN collab)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Got my Loma Vista shipping notice to Canada yesterday.

Revisiting this track a lot now - I had initially said I liked the Elfman True collab more - I guess it hit harder on first listen - but I think now this really does give me more of a NIN vibe. It's so good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sometimes I wonder how Trent picks with whom he will collaborate. David Bowie is a no-brainer, but Josh Wink? Did he hear the music and decide he was inspired? Or is he simply willing to work with a wider array of talent than people think? Have we been missing out on loads of potentially great tracks because others have been too shy or intimidated to just ask?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how Trent picks with whom he will collaborate. David Bowie is a no-brainer, but Josh Wink? Did he hear the music and decide he was inspired? Or is he simply willing to work with a wider array of talent than people think? Have we been missing out on loads of potentially great tracks because others have been too shy or intimidated to just ask?
    I think his biggest qualifier is that the artist is authentic and real with what they are doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    Josh wink wrote the majority of Pretty hate machine dude.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The fact that this single sold out so quick shows there is a market for singles (vinyl, CD, physical media in general.) I think I read this had like 2000 copies available? These record exec need to authorize higher numbers. 2000 copies in the 80s or even the 90s was amateur at best. Even when something had a limited, serial numbered run there would still be represses and other versions. I get it that some people don't want to get stuck with product that doesn't sell, but when you have a band that sells, you press more.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I get it that some people don't want to get stuck with product that doesn't sell, but when you have a band that sells, you press more.
    The current state of vinyl manufacturing is fucked. Surely that plays into the decision to do 2000 black and nothing else, at least for now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The current state of vinyl manufacturing is fucked. Surely that plays into the decision to do 2000 black and nothing else, at least for now.
    I know that pop star had every pressing plant pumping every color imaginable out the door a couple weeks ago. The industry is probably spent.

Yes @nmitchell86 it was 2k. Seems like 800 NIN US, 200 NIN UK, 900 Health US, 100 Loma Vista. I doubt it was a record exec thing. Health/TR don't scream "we're letting labels determine what we put out" as badly as other....people....but I think there are also different drivers. Health/Loma Vista usually do have 2 variants which seems reasonable. Honestly I hope this is TR's way of saying he's not going to bilk his fans by dumping 8 variations of everything onto the market.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I know that pop star had every pressing plant pumping every color imaginable out the door a couple weeks ago. The industry is probably spent.

Yes @nmitchell86 it was 2k. Seems like 800 NIN US, 200 NIN UK, 900 Health US, 100 Loma Vista. I doubt it was a record exec thing. Health/TR don't scream "we're letting labels determine what we put out" as badly as other....people....but I think there are also different drivers. Health/Loma Vista usually do have 2 variants which seems reasonable. Honestly I hope this is TR's way of saying he's not going to bilk his fans by dumping 8 variations of everything onto the market.

They could have done 5K, they also could have done a one per shipping address order process. Increasing the supply while limiting quantity allowed to order would also help cut out the scalpers. I appreciate not having 12 different colors and I see your point but there are more signed Ghost box sets in this world than this single. What I'm getting at is a lot of "real fans" are missing out on what should be a very reasonably priced item due to low supply and high demand. I saw how things where going and I knew that some people where going to miss out. In the FB collecting group it was reported that this single hit $200 on ebay. This is not an exotic item, the low supply was at best "underestimated" at worst "engineered." I was able to grab two more (total of three one for me and two to go around) and I'm passing them along to others right here at cost. Making something exclusive and limited should be left for truly exotic things eg TGWTDT box set. And to clarify... (after rereading this post) I'm not coming from an angry stance here but I do want my view communicated. I don't like reading "I missed this because I was at work or I was taking care of my kid and this sold out in like two hours." I also don't like the speculators who don't give a fuck about the song or the bands or whatever who are commoditizing everything.