Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Returnal

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Returnal

ok, so I'm only about an hour into this, but this is so badass... it's the most awesome narrative introduction I've seen since Bioshock 1, and the gameplay is Housemarque, so it's intense and kicks ass. It's like a Metroidvania Roguelike Soulsish Bullet-hell game. If you have a PS5, do the right thing.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I love it! A lot like Hades, except without the narrative innovation but with extremely modern graphics. Super fast paced heavily gameplay driven, very addictive

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Loving every minute of it so far. I am reading descriptions for EVERYTHING I pick up. Controls are responsive, it feels good to shoot things, and I love the throwbacks to Alien and other Sci-fi elements this game mixes together. But the duelsense vibration here is sooo good.. from the crashing of the ship, to the dust that blows after the crash site has settled. I cannot wait to see what devs can come up with regarding other games in the future.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it's just really cool to see Housemarque pull off a "AAA" game. Almost everything they've put out before has felt like a fine tuned action arcade game; maybe something you'd play for a half hour and then do something else... nothing with a story or immersive atmosphere, and they're rocking this sort of thing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Whenever PS5 aren’t stupid as fuck to get I’ll grab this. Maybe 2 years from now. Should be bargain bin price by then.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Game is suffering from crashes that need patching. Doors not opening, system crashes (I experienced 2 last night forcing me to hard reset twice) I find it unacceptable when I go to close an app on PS5, and it gets stuck in that screen and you are locked out of doing anything else on the system. Error didn't even log into my error log at all.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Game is suffering from crashes that need patching. Doors not opening, system crashes (I experienced 2 last night forcing me to hard reset twice) I find it unacceptable when I go to close an app on PS5, and it gets stuck in that screen and you are locked out of doing anything else on the system. Error didn't even log into my error log at all.
    Huh, that sucks... I have only run into one frustrating glitch that required the game to be restarted.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Huh, that sucks... I have only run into one frustrating glitch that required the game to be restarted.
    I believe they fixed it already which is impressive. I streamed for 6 hours last night with no problems . But that app lock out is still bs.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)