Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Incubus

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    20th anniversary tour for Make Yourself this fall...
    I’ll admit that I haven’t had a lot of interest in their recent work, but I’m totally on board for a Make Yourself-centric tour. First album of theirs that I listened to (and fell in love with). Gonna have to catch up on the newer stuff!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They're playing coy with how much of the actual album they're gonna play. I wouldn't buy a ticket until you see a setlist. They're DEF. not playing the whole album, and will be playing alot of newer material too based on the message from Brandon:

We are so looking forward to this fall tour. ‘Make Yourself‘ was such a pivotal moment in our band and we are beyond excited to reintroduce this album to our audience while also showcasing the many musical roads it ultimately led us down. See you soon!
    Fuck that. I don't trust them. After sitting through some syrupy love ballad from the EP that was out around the time they toured with Deftones, I am scarred for life. Gonna wait & see.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Buyer Beware..what if they play THIS:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Buyer Beware..what if they play THIS:

I love this one! It's that awful Dance Like You're Dumb that I can't stand.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I adored the Side A EP when it came out. I thought they would have ran with a sound like Trust Fall, but instead we got a messy, uneven album. I haven't heard any Make Yourself songs live in years, so I'll take what I can get.

But Radio City Music Hall? Come onn...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Debating on whether to go to Radio City Music Hall or Foxwoods...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Well, seeing Incubus on the riverfront in 3 days is going to be interesting (we're in sandbag fortress mode). I have no desire to see any of the other bands that are part of our (embarrassing) Spring Fling. The setlist looks a little bland overall, but "'Sick Sad Little World" is back towards the bottom. I've always felt that was a weird one in the middle of a set.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They're playing coy with how much of the actual album they're gonna play. I wouldn't buy a ticket until you see a setlist. They're DEF. not playing the whole album, and will be playing alot of newer material too based on the message from Brandon...
    Guess who was completely wrong?!? Denver setlist:

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Everything here is wonderful with the exception of Into The Summer. I think I can honestly say it has become my most hated Incubus song, ever

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Everything here is wonderful with the exception of Into The Summer. I think I can honestly say it has become my most hated Incubus song, ever
    It's really terrible.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's slightly better than Make Out Party. But they both are still ear AIDS.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I like this Summer song. It's a real ear worm. It feels a lot more like them than the garbage that was 8.
    It is "different" enough to be enjoyable. I also like that it has things for Kilmore to do. I remember being bummed out around ACLOTM about how little involvement he had.
    Last edited by mfte; 09-18-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea, Kilmore def has taken a long seat in the background. I would say my favorite track from 8 is When I Became a Man and that says a lot about that album; what a train wreck.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

well that's a video, yeah. def. Fungus Amongus vibe at the end.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Sounds like a not as well made Jimmy Eat World song... pass.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    fuck you Incubus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift should cover Our Love.
    Incubus should tour with RHCP.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They're touring all the obvious US amphitheatres for two fucking months this summer with 311. Yay.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I like the first and last bits of this new one, but the middle is just a garbage, weird transition.

Still sucks to see my favourite band churning out 2 tracks in 2 years that aren't great. The fact that they are releaseing Trust Fall (Side B) in April is nice, but the fact that the last two tracks are gonna be on there isn't.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This new song is lame. It isn't even the pop songwriting. That over produced sound is just terrible.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean the fact it's called Trust Fall is indicative of the band knowing it's weird stuff.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    fuck you Incubus.
    seriously. remember when mike was one of the most innovative rock guitarists around? this shit is boring garbage. it's like what happened to muse but even worse.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    They're touring all the obvious US amphitheatres for two fucking months this summer with 311. Yay.
    Not sure why they didn't just add Sublime wItH rOmE on there for the trifecta of shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last I saw Incubus perform live was 2017. The tickets were free out of the ticketmaster lawsuit and I thought it a good way to introduce my GF to the Shoreline. The show was mediocre. Nothing memorable really.
    Such a shame considering prior to that the last time I had been to the Shoreline was to see them share the stage with Jurassic 5, APC, Audioslave, and Jane's.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Last I saw Incubus perform live was 2017. The tickets were free out of the ticketmaster lawsuit and I thought it a good way to introduce my GF to the Shoreline. The show was mediocre. Nothing memorable really.
    Such a shame considering prior to that the last time I had been to the Shoreline was to see them share the stage with Jurassic 5, APC, Audioslave, and Jane's.
    I saw Incubus last year at a local (garbage) summer festival. They weren't terrible and they weren't great. So, mediocre... kind of like the last Sevendust show and a handful of other bands that just coast by.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    listened to Morning View last night while making a cheesecake. yeah, that's probably my favorite album of theirs. The Enjoy Incubus EP is close behind though. also I was in a really rough place mentally when If Not Now, When? came out and it's got a special place just for that because it was what I needed to hear. I think I've listened to that one almost as much as any of their earlier albums.

I remember hearing the Scream 3 album for the first time with all of these bands that I had never heard of. Slipknot, Finger Eleven, SoaD, Sevendust, Static-X, Incubus, PM5k, Orgy, Staind...yeah, it was a great intro to a lot of really good bands at the time. Sheltered, you say? a little. I was in the military then and didn't have access to good radio stations all the time. and trying to find a copy of Fungus Amongus back in that heady time of bootlegs and mail order? good times. oh and the 'remaster' of SCIENCE that was released two years later? wtf was that about?

Also please note at the time and consider where some of those bands ended up.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I saw Incubus last year at a local (garbage) summer festival. They weren't terrible and they weren't great. So, mediocre... kind of like the last Sevendust show and a handful of other bands that just coast by.
    Same experience here, I saw them a local rock festival, in 2017, and it was bland. Not bad, just average. They were touring behind '8' and that's the first album of them that I didn't completely enjoy. It's sad to see them go this way, they were once one of my favorite bands, even If Not Now, When? was great for me (as @allegate mentioned, it came out during a transition period of my life so it resonated with me big time). But yes, these last two singles and '8' didn't do much for me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Same experience here, I saw them a local rock festival, in 2017, and it was bland. Not bad, just average. They were touring behind '8' and that's the first album of them that I didn't completely enjoy. It's sad to see them go this way, they were once one of my favorite bands, even If Not Now, When? was great for me (as @allegate mentioned, it came out during a transition period of my life so it resonated with me big time). But yes, these last two singles and '8' didn't do much for me.
    If Not Now, When? Was the first Incubus album that left me uneven. There are some killer tracks on that album with In Company of Wolves being one of the best tracks they have ever written.

I really wish they went with a sound like that or with the first Trust Fall EP, but instead we get this shit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    If Not Now, When? Was the first Incubus album that left me uneven. There are some killer tracks on that album with In Company of Wolves being one of the best tracks they have ever written.

I really wish they went with a sound like that or with the first Trust Fall EP, but instead we get this shit.
    Yeah, Trust Fall EP had a great sound, and agree with In the Company of Wolves. The comparison of this new song with Jimmy Eats World hurts!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I tried listening to 8 yesterday. That record is so terrible sounding. I blame Skrillex. The original version of Nimble Bastard that was released as a lyric video sounds pretty rocking but then the audio in the official video and the on the record has the guitars turned way down and the kick and snare compressed and boosted through the stratosphere.

The entire record (with the exception of the real soft songs) sounds like this and it is nearly un-listenable. It makes the mix and master on Californication sound artful. I wish that the original Dave Sardy mixes were leaked because there is a border line good record in there somewhere.