Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 68

Thread: Incubus

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,036
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    20th anniversary tour for Make Yourself this fall...

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    20th anniversary tour for Make Yourself this fall...
    I’ll admit that I haven’t had a lot of interest in their recent work, but I’m totally on board for a Make Yourself-centric tour. First album of theirs that I listened to (and fell in love with). Gonna have to catch up on the newer stuff!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,810
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    They're playing coy with how much of the actual album they're gonna play. I wouldn't buy a ticket until you see a setlist. They're DEF. not playing the whole album, and will be playing alot of newer material too based on the message from Brandon:

    We are so looking forward to this fall tour. ‘Make Yourself‘ was such a pivotal moment in our band and we are beyond excited to reintroduce this album to our audience while also showcasing the many musical roads it ultimately led us down. See you soon!
    Fuck that. I don't trust them. After sitting through some syrupy love ballad from the EP that was out around the time they toured with Deftones, I am scarred for life. Gonna wait & see.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,810
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Buyer Beware..what if they play THIS:


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Buyer Beware..what if they play THIS:

    I love this one! It's that awful Dance Like You're Dumb that I can't stand.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,714
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I adored the Side A EP when it came out. I thought they would have ran with a sound like Trust Fall, but instead we got a messy, uneven album. I haven't heard any Make Yourself songs live in years, so I'll take what I can get.

    But Radio City Music Hall? Come onn...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    519
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Debating on whether to go to Radio City Music Hall or Foxwoods...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,811
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Well, seeing Incubus on the riverfront in 3 days is going to be interesting (we're in sandbag fortress mode). I have no desire to see any of the other bands that are part of our (embarrassing) Spring Fling. The setlist looks a little bland overall, but "'Sick Sad Little World" is back towards the bottom. I've always felt that was a weird one in the middle of a set.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,810
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They're playing coy with how much of the actual album they're gonna play. I wouldn't buy a ticket until you see a setlist. They're DEF. not playing the whole album, and will be playing alot of newer material too based on the message from Brandon...
    Guess who was completely wrong?!? Denver setlist:


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,714
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Everything here is wonderful with the exception of Into The Summer. I think I can honestly say it has become my most hated Incubus song, ever

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,057
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Everything here is wonderful with the exception of Into The Summer. I think I can honestly say it has become my most hated Incubus song, ever
    It's really terrible.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,810
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    it's slightly better than Make Out Party. But they both are still ear AIDS.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I like this Summer song. It's a real ear worm. It feels a lot more like them than the garbage that was 8.
    It is "different" enough to be enjoyable. I also like that it has things for Kilmore to do. I remember being bummed out around ACLOTM about how little involvement he had.
    Last edited by mfte; 09-18-2019 at 09:51 AM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,714
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yea, Kilmore def has taken a long seat in the background. I would say my favorite track from 8 is When I Became a Man and that says a lot about that album; what a train wreck.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,796
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)


    well that's a video, yeah. def. Fungus Amongus vibe at the end.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,714
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sounds like a not as well made Jimmy Eat World song... pass.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,810
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    fuck you Incubus.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift should cover Our Love.
    Incubus should tour with RHCP.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,810
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    They're touring all the obvious US amphitheatres for two fucking months this summer with 311. Yay.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I like the first and last bits of this new one, but the middle is just a garbage, weird transition.

    Still sucks to see my favourite band churning out 2 tracks in 2 years that aren't great. The fact that they are releaseing Trust Fall (Side B) in April is nice, but the fact that the last two tracks are gonna be on there isn't.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This new song is lame. It isn't even the pop songwriting. That over produced sound is just terrible.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,796
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I mean the fact it's called Trust Fall is indicative of the band knowing it's weird stuff.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,723
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    fuck you Incubus.
    seriously. remember when mike was one of the most innovative rock guitarists around? this shit is boring garbage. it's like what happened to muse but even worse.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,517
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    They're touring all the obvious US amphitheatres for two fucking months this summer with 311. Yay.
    Not sure why they didn't just add Sublime wItH rOmE on there for the trifecta of shit.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last I saw Incubus perform live was 2017. The tickets were free out of the ticketmaster lawsuit and I thought it a good way to introduce my GF to the Shoreline. The show was mediocre. Nothing memorable really.
    Such a shame considering prior to that the last time I had been to the Shoreline was to see them share the stage with Jurassic 5, APC, Audioslave, and Jane's.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    1,811
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Last I saw Incubus perform live was 2017. The tickets were free out of the ticketmaster lawsuit and I thought it a good way to introduce my GF to the Shoreline. The show was mediocre. Nothing memorable really.
    Such a shame considering prior to that the last time I had been to the Shoreline was to see them share the stage with Jurassic 5, APC, Audioslave, and Jane's.
    I saw Incubus last year at a local (garbage) summer festival. They weren't terrible and they weren't great. So, mediocre... kind of like the last Sevendust show and a handful of other bands that just coast by.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,796
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    listened to Morning View last night while making a cheesecake. yeah, that's probably my favorite album of theirs. The Enjoy Incubus EP is close behind though. also I was in a really rough place mentally when If Not Now, When? came out and it's got a special place just for that because it was what I needed to hear. I think I've listened to that one almost as much as any of their earlier albums.

    I remember hearing the Scream 3 album for the first time with all of these bands that I had never heard of. Slipknot, Finger Eleven, SoaD, Sevendust, Static-X, Incubus, PM5k, Orgy, Staind...yeah, it was a great intro to a lot of really good bands at the time. Sheltered, you say? a little. I was in the military then and didn't have access to good radio stations all the time. and trying to find a copy of Fungus Amongus back in that heady time of bootlegs and mail order? good times. oh and the 'remaster' of SCIENCE that was released two years later? wtf was that about?

    Also please note at the time and consider where some of those bands ended up.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Monterrey, México
    Posts
    657
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I saw Incubus last year at a local (garbage) summer festival. They weren't terrible and they weren't great. So, mediocre... kind of like the last Sevendust show and a handful of other bands that just coast by.
    Same experience here, I saw them a local rock festival, in 2017, and it was bland. Not bad, just average. They were touring behind '8' and that's the first album of them that I didn't completely enjoy. It's sad to see them go this way, they were once one of my favorite bands, even If Not Now, When? was great for me (as @allegate mentioned, it came out during a transition period of my life so it resonated with me big time). But yes, these last two singles and '8' didn't do much for me.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,714
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Same experience here, I saw them a local rock festival, in 2017, and it was bland. Not bad, just average. They were touring behind '8' and that's the first album of them that I didn't completely enjoy. It's sad to see them go this way, they were once one of my favorite bands, even If Not Now, When? was great for me (as @allegate mentioned, it came out during a transition period of my life so it resonated with me big time). But yes, these last two singles and '8' didn't do much for me.
    If Not Now, When? Was the first Incubus album that left me uneven. There are some killer tracks on that album with In Company of Wolves being one of the best tracks they have ever written.

    I really wish they went with a sound like that or with the first Trust Fall EP, but instead we get this shit.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Monterrey, México
    Posts
    657
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    If Not Now, When? Was the first Incubus album that left me uneven. There are some killer tracks on that album with In Company of Wolves being one of the best tracks they have ever written.

    I really wish they went with a sound like that or with the first Trust Fall EP, but instead we get this shit.
    Yeah, Trust Fall EP had a great sound, and agree with In the Company of Wolves. The comparison of this new song with Jimmy Eats World hurts!

Posting Permissions