Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trent to Take part in 'BBC Introducing Masterclass' - Jan 19th 2012

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Trent to Take part in 'BBC Introducing Masterclass' - Jan 19th 2012

"Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails, Wretch 32 and Jamie Cullum are all confirmed to take part in this year’s masterclass.
    In addition, Maverick Sabre, Friendly Fires, Magnetic Man and Frank Turner will also be involved with the special event, taking place on Thursday, January 19 at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and BBC Maida Vale Studios, London.

Now in its second year, the BBC Introducing Masterclass supports unsigned and undiscovered artists by giving them access to, and insights from, high-profile musicians and industry professionals."

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?s...de=1048086&c=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very cool! Never heard of this before. (Insert Meet Your Masterclass joke here)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    God, more Zane Lowe. Cool though, I'll need to figure out how to rip from iPlayer at some point.

Shame it's only audio though, means I can't just turn on subtitles whenever Zane fucking Lowe opens his mouth

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    God, more Zane Lowe. Cool though, I'll need to figure out how to rip from iPlayer at some point.

Shame it's only audio though, means I can't just turn on subtitles whenever Zane fucking Lowe opens his mouth
    That, at least, means that the ripping will be easier :-)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Wait, rereading it, it might be video?

Also, as it's 90 minutes long, me transcribing this is an option if someone says please, but realistically I think a rip would be easier for all of us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can someone explain what this is? It sort of sounds like a 'The Voice'... but I can't be fucked to do a quick search about it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It's a thing where musicians talk to people trying to get into the biz about making music and surviving in the actual music industry. I think I could probably predict the exact things Trent'll say, but it'll be cool regardless

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Steve Rothery from Marillion is doing this as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

<3
    I have to admit, when I first saw the title, I read "Trent to take part in Masterchef".

This isn't The Voice - we're getting that too. To give you an idea of what to expect, here's Zane Lowe interviewing another anal piano player from last year's series. Note the run time.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Trent's runtime will be 90 minutes according to the official site.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sure; you've got to add the additional 40 minutes for Zane's extra fap noises.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    From my experiences seeing him live, he will spend 20 minutes telling trent to "bounce" to really dull music too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fuck Gary Barlow.

I wonder if Trent will pop up anywhere else throughout the course of the day. Seems cool of him to cross the pond specifically (I assume) for this.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It's going to be prerecorded, unlike other segments, so I doubt it. And I think it's more likely that Zane flew over to Trizzle Rizzle's pad, assuming this was recorded during either OST recording or promotion.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    In a strange way, Zane Lowe reminds me of Matt Pinfield. When I was younger, I really didn't want to like Matt Pinfield, his eagerness seemed strange, sort of annoying. But he knows his shit. Sure, Zane gets his fap on when he's talking to Trent, but when they talk, I feel like Zane does a good job of balancing the process of keeping his audience interested in this guy they probably don't know anything about, with talking about stuff that illustrates that he's definitely done his research. Like, if he didn't have better things to do, Zane would be on ETS, obsessively keeping us posted on stuff that even I don't keep track of. And then he takes the opportunity, interviewing Trent about Dragon Tattoo, to play March of the Pigs on BBC1. I don't know why I want to knock him, but I can't really. But then, maybe that's because the only times I've ever listened to Zane Lowe is when he's talking about NIN ;p

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the Gary Barlowe interview. I think Zane did a great job of drawing out and engaging him. Zane did have some peckerish tendencies towards the beginning of the interview, but I think that was part of getting Gary into it and the core of Zane's interviewing skills are solid.

Saying that, I'm interested to see and hear how Trent will respond to Zane. As everyone here probably knows, Trent can man-handle just about any interviewer. If Zane is actually a pecker and he is only kept down by the dominance level of the interviewee, then Trent is going to destroy him.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    But then, maybe that's because the only times I've ever listened to Zane Lowe is when he's talking about NIN ;p
    Probably! He tends to be all over any kind of TV or radio "young people" music broadcast here. I'm sure there's an irritating version on your side of the pond somewhere.

He would be a lot more bearable with some kind of gasp/squeal filter. But then, I imagine so would all NIN fans.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Zane is basically the only person on Radio 1 I could tolerate listening to: I say could, because I only tune into R1 once in a blue moon anyway, these days. Well, I guess I enjoyed Rob Da Bank and Annie Nightinggale now and then. RIP Peel!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You're showing your age if you're saying RIP Peel :P

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Probably! He tends to be all over any kind of TV or radio "young people" music broadcast here. I'm sure there's an irritating version on your side of the pond somewhere.
    Sounds a bit like Carson Daly. Dude was on MTV's ... Peoples Choice? No that's not it. I don't even remember what the program was. You call in to vote on your favorite video (oh, life before YouTube...) Very much in the public eye for stuff I didn't really care about, but underneath that veneer of glossy crap, there was a sense that he had a really decent taste in music. And that came to show more when he got his own late night network TV show, and started booking bands of all types there.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Sounds a bit like Carson Daly. Dude was on MTV's ... Peoples Choice? No that's not it.
    Won't get off-topic for too long, I promise...

You're thinking of TRL (Total Request Live). Between 120 Minutes and TRL, those were THE places to premier a music video "back in the day". And yes, Carson Daly comes off as a douche most of the time but he does know his music "stuff"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    And now he's stuck in the wilderness with a 1:30 timeslot following Jimmy Fallon on NBC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So is Trent going to be in London at Abbey Road Studios?, like actually be there talking and giving a speech and all that? Or was it prerecorded in L.A? Wonder if this is with an audience? And i cannot fucking stand Zane Lowe. I believe he is genuinely enthused about Nine Inch Nails, but he always crosses the line and just is literally just asslicking, he has an orgasm over the most mundane acts out there too. He is like that with everyone...very annoying. Too Much.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    So is Trent going to be in London at Abbey Road Studios?, like actually be there talking and giving a speech and all that? Or was it prerecorded in L.A? Wonder if this is with an audience? And i cannot fucking stand Zane Lowe. I believe he is genuinely enthused about Nine Inch Nails, but he always crosses the line and just is literally just asslicking, he has an orgasm over the most mundane acts out there too. He is like that with everyone...very annoying. Too Much.
    Pre recorded, no audience - and likely to be LA, but it could as easily be in London

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Pre recorded, no audience - and likely to be LA, but it could as easily be in London
    Could have been recorded before/after that BBC audio interview for TGWTDT?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Possible, but that was on the phone, and I think this is going to be in person

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    well the stream is going awfully for me, just jumping all over the place. The talk with Trent isn't for another 2 hours though. Will anyone be able to to rip this somehow?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's working fine for me at the moment. Jamie Cullum, bless.

Trent's slot is currently down as 75 minutes long, but that's a timeslot also shared with the boss of XL recordings, so I'd assume it would be half or two-thirds of that.
    Last edited by icklekitty; 01-19-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    28 minutes he'll be

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Nothing really special, but then again it wasn't for fans but for musicians, so I guess useful for some