Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Fucked Up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fucked Up

Hard to believe there's no thread about Canada's preeminent hardcore punksters. Dose Your Dreams is kind of a masterpiece of an album. And if you can't make time to listen to it: what are you even doing with your life? This record touches upon disco, alt rock, shoegaze, industrial, pop... if you can't find a single song you don't like, your ears may be broken.

Edit: they are probably only Canada's second best punk band, because Nomeansno exists.
    Last edited by Jazzkokehead; 04-09-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have a Fucked Up tattoo!

I got it specifically so I could use this line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow, that is awesome!
    Last edited by EmilyRobertson; 04-14-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Saw this band at the Pemberton festival in 2014.
    One of my really good friends' cousin's is in this band.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This somehow flew under my radar for a few days, but Fucked Up released the latest installment of their zodiac series with Year of the Horse this past Friday. And boy, this shit is... something else. With 4 tracks spread out over 90 minutes (the shortest song here is 19 minutes), this is definitely not a release for the faint of heart. Complete with a 70's prog rock-esque storyline about a horse living in a fantasy world, I guess? But that's the exact kind of ambitious weirdness that I love.

Pre-ordered a copy on vinyl (but was unfortunately not early enough to score one of the super-cool splatter variants).