Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Retro Games

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    ^^^ Hell yes. This was pretty much all I did in typing class, along with breaking into my high schools joke of a firewall lifting the block of these sites. Thankfully, never got caught .

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    there IS one decent Virtua Boy game, and it's kinda sad that it's trapped in this horrible console, but the Wario game is cool, and deserved better.
    @Self.Destructive.Pattern and the rest of you guys talking bad about the Virtual Boy:
    I don't think you guys were playing it right.

What you do is, take at least three or four pieces of blotter acid.

Then, you take the headset off of the tripod and put it on the floor.
    Make sure the room is completely dark, but keep a flashlight nearby for changing games.
    Connect the headphones.
    Lay on your stomach and stick your face in the thing, creating a sort of sensory deprivation.
    THAT'S the best way to use it.
    Holy god, I had borderline religious experiences doing that shit. I'd play galactic pinball for eight hours in the dark like that, along with Teleroboxer, Red Alarm, and all the others (I bought the system and all of the games for SUPER cheap, when they were on clearance.)
    Those are some of the fondest memories of my life.

And, while I mostly enjoyed that machine as an LSD toy, I played it clear headed on occasion. I don't understand why everyone hated it so much. The PRICE was absurd, but when I bought it, it was down to about $20 and the games were all $2 or $3. It was a hell of a lot of fun for what it was, especially with the aforementioned chemical enhancement
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-21-2021 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    But, yes. Retro gaming. I DABBLE in new games. I have that Xbox One with gamepass that my homeboy bought for me. But, these new games: they just don't do it for me, for the most part.
    I have an Anbernic RG351P handheld that runs and has most games for everything up to and including PS1, as well as thousands of arcade games.
    I've got a Retroid Pocket 2 that's slightly more powerful: that's what I use for all of my N64 needs.
    I have a hacked Wii with a lot of the old consoles and handhelds, but most importantly, a big ass hard drive full of Wii and GC games.

I'm literally still playing games I read about in Nintendo Power in 1991, but wasn't able to get. Plus, I pretty much MISSED PlayStation, and a lot of N64.
    Sometimes I feel like I have a touch of Peter Pan syndrome. The fact that I've got every SNES/NES/NeoGeo game in my POCKET brings me almost as much joy as it would have when I was twelve or thirteen.

I'm not so much of a gamer as I am a RETRO gamer.

Currently, i'm playing Zelda: Minish Cap

Who else is mostly a full on retro gamer?
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-21-2021 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @Self.Destructive.Pattern and the rest of you guys talking bad about the Virtual Boy:
    I don't think you guys were playing it right.

What you do is, take at least three or four pieces of blotter acid.

Then, you take the headset off of the tripod and put it on the floor.
    Make sure the room is completely dark, but keep a flashlight nearby for changing games.
    Connect the headphones.
    Lay on your stomach and stick your face in the thing, creating a sort of sensory deprivation.
    THAT'S the best way to use it.
    Holy god, I had borderline religious experiences doing that shit. I'd play galactic pinball for eight hours in the dark like that, along with Teleroboxer, Red Alarm, and all the others (I bought the system and all of the games for SUPER cheap, when they were on clearance.)
    Those are some of the fondest memories of my life.

And, while I mostly enjoyed that machine as an LSD toy, I played it clear headed on occasion. I don't understand why everyone hated it so much. The PRICE was absurd, but when I bought it, it was down to about $20 and the games were all $2 or $3. It was a hell of a lot of fun for what it was, especially with the aforementioned chemical enhancement
    Yea, not doing all that lol... agree to disagree on this one. I experienced this monstrosity when it came out and I hated every moment of it. Unwanted headaches, uncomfortable no matter how you set the thing up, and the games are simply down right shit with the exception of Wario and Teleroboxer. And Red Alarm? My friend had that game (Also the only other person I knew that had a VB) and it was the main game that straight up hurt our eyes and eventually our heads.. Yea, fuck this thing .