Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It is episodic, but I'm not sure how they're doing the rest of them.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I just want to play episode one, if it's expanded Midgar... The episodic thing is starting to feel like a good idea if it's what they say it is. I could imagine the game ending on a cliffhanger, the whole town being toppled, the escape, and then a kind of "to be continued" thing like the ending of Empire Strikes Back.

In my head, this sounds incredible.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I just want to play episode one, if it's expanded Midgar... The episodic thing is starting to feel like a good idea if it's what they say it is. I could imagine the game ending on a cliffhanger, the whole town being toppled, the escape, and then a kind of "to be continued" thing like the ending of Empire Strikes Back.

In my head, this sounds incredible.
    Ending the first part during the Kalm flashback, with Zack and Sephiroth in Nibelheim, would be a great lead-in to Part 2. Just enough to get a hint that something isn't right with Zack/Cloud.

You normally walk to Kalm after escaping Midgar during the heavy bike mini-game; I wouldn't be adverse to skipping that World Map section in Part 1. The last controllable part would be the battle with Motor Ball.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    In the new trailer (which I’m assuming covers only part one) there is the clip of Cloud confronting Sephiroth in a burning alleyway, or at least hallucinating it. I think they’ll work Nibelheim in...

I can’t believe how hyped I am

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think Sephiroth will just haunt him more throughout than he did before. Most people going in already probably know who Sephiroth is anyway.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll def be getting this.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I already preordered the deluxe on amazon.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Xbox's E3 sale seen a lot of games on sale. I bought quite a few Final Fantasy games with it too, since I have little control and a lot of spare money now.

Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    World of Final Fantasy Maxima

I also might try and go back and finish Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. Made it to chapter 5 and never finished it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-16-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I already preordered the deluxe on amazon.
    Same. Wish I could forget about it until the release date, but this seems impossible!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Same. Wish I could forget about it until the release date, but this seems impossible!
    Oh it’s nice to want things.... my version of paradise is to play the FFVII remake in a world where Trump is no longer President Of America. That’s all I want

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I managed to find a Dissidia NT Steelbook Brawler Edition copy for cheap. I'll probably be crap at the game but figured I'd give it a go. I also bought the starter edition of XIV.

That reveal got me in a HUGE FF kick.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Overall I like XV but the open world wasn't for me. Hope they go traditional with whatever XVI becomes.

I love the main menu theme though.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    FFXV is a great game, just don't consider the "main story part"
    They fucked that up so bad, and no matter how you play it, the pacing fails the "dramatic moments."

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I need some help with FFX...I think I might have brick walled myself after back tracking to catch various fiends for the monster arena in the calm lands. I am currently stuck at the part where I have to fight dark Shiva and every time I get into said fight she one-hits everyone and boom, game over. Is there any way to get around this part? I am nowhere near ready to fight the dark aeons and had idea I would even face them while back tracking for fiends. Am I really going to have to restart the game and lose the 54 hours I have logged already?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    FFXV is a great game, just don't consider the "main story part"
    They fucked that up so bad, and no matter how you play it, the pacing fails the "dramatic moments."
    Its been soooo long since I've played a new FF game, 12 on the PS2 might have been the last one for me. I recently saw some deluxe version of VX for 20 dollars. Is it worth picking up? I may give it a shot.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    15 doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy. The story is a mess. Couldn't get into some of the characters. They're trying too hard to be modern, that they forgot what actually worked for them. Seeing how much a game like Octopath has succeeded, maybe that will help give them an idea on how to progress with the series going forward.

They seem to get it with Remake. Gameplay looks fun and engaging. And they're expanding on an already successful story. Hopefully a sign of where 16 could potentially goes. That's if I even live long enough for them to finish the remake series or finish whatever XVI will end up becoming.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    15 doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy. The story is a mess. Couldn't get into some of the characters. They're trying too hard to be modern, that they forgot what actually worked for them. Seeing how much a game like Octopath has succeeded, maybe that will help give them an idea on how to progress with the series going forward.

They seem to get it with Remake. Gameplay looks fun and engaging. And they're expanding on an already successful story. Hopefully a sign of where 16 could potentially goes. That's if I even live long enough for them to finish the remake series or finish whatever XVI will end up becoming.
    Might pass on it then. Just wait for the FFVII remake.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Might pass on it then. Just wait for the FFVII remake.
    XV is still a fun game. I enjoyed doing side stuff. The story is a turd though. Partially because some story aspects were withheld for DLC. Still disjointed and rushed even with DLC.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    XV is still a fun game. I enjoyed doing side stuff. The story is a turd though. Partially because some story aspects were withheld for DLC. Still disjointed and rushed even with DLC.
    That, and they expected you to watch a sub-par CG standalone movie in order to understand the basic setup of the story... The central story feels like it was constructed desperately to make round pegs fit into square holes.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Finally beat FFX this morning. Such a rewarding game and I am happy to finally check this one off of my list. Now its onward to FFX2!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Finally beat FFX this morning. Such a rewarding game and I am happy to finally check this one off of my list. Now its onward to FFX2!
    X2 might start off weird. But it gets going after awhile if you're willing to stick it out.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Ffx2... everyone assured me this is good... or at least better than it seems. I couldn’t take it, it felt like fan fiction

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's very fan fiction. Unfortunately, it doesn't going until about the third or fourth chapter, which is awhile..

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    new Tokyo Game Show Final Fantasy VII remake footage. Also more info about "classic mode" which changes it back to turn based combat. https://www.square-enix-games.com/en...7IK-LMjxrF9Rg8

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    new Tokyo Game Show Final Fantasy VII remake footage. Also more info about "classic mode" which changes it back to turn based combat. https://www.square-enix-games.com/en...7IK-LMjxrF9Rg8
    Finally some insight as to what classic mode holds. Everything I read here sounds great so far. Keeping the other fighters on auto as you maneuver through menus sounds tasty as well. It's going to be hard paying attention as I'm looking at the visuals here.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Oh man, these old commercials give me such a nostalgia buzz for ff7, no way can the remake ever supersede the original for me, but please do it up right. Do it justice.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

So uh

yeah

wow

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

So uh

yeah

wow
    Yep, I'm pumped for this.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

So uh

yeah

wow
    My reaction too pretty much. Been awhile since I've been this hyped for a game. Two more months...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    goddamn delays... I've been counting the days. Bring it.