Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally beat the story! Gonna mop up misc side quests and trophies if I can.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm onto the big final bonus fight and it's almost comically difficult, even as much as I've maxed out this far

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Digital Foundry Retro on FF7.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Making my way through Hojo's lab late in the game.

It is absolutely insane just how far out of their way they went to envision ways to make nearly every single original enemy from this game stand out, and here you can really, really see it.

Mother of god, I love FF again for the first time in a decade

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Restarted mine in hard mode, good lord this might take some time! Exceptional game though..nearly papped me pants when hell house opened it's door on Hard Mode haha!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Restarted mine in hard mode, good lord this might take some time! Exceptional game though..nearly papped me pants when hell house opened it's door on Hard Mode haha!
    Realized on hard, you need to be extra prepared; a lot of trial and error, with not being able to consistently use level 3 spells can get tricky. I don't go past cure in a lot of battles on hard. The payoff feels so good once you beat a boss and Tifa is the most useful character once you understand her mechanics. Level 3 Chi is not to be fucked with.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Realized on hard, you need to be extra prepared; a lot of trial and error, with not being able to consistently use level 3 spells can get tricky. I don't go past cure in a lot of battles on hard. The payoff feels so good once you beat a boss and Tifa is the most useful character once you understand her mechanics. Level 3 Chi is not to be fucked with.
    Tifa's Unbridled Strength is the only way to elevate stagger levels and get that 300% stagger trophy.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-01-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Tifa's Unbridled Strength is the only ay to elevate stagger levels and get that 300% stagger trophy.
    Yea, once I got the hang of her movements, I cut the time of big battles in half pretty much.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah, Tifa is easily the best character game-play wise. I'm eagerly awaiting Vincent to come into the picture.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I was able to finish the secret boss fight with no death, no Götterdämmerung, and preventing Bahamut from summoning Ifrit.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Special Edit soundtrack just came in the mail and it is fucking gorgeous. Honey Bee dance segment has been on repeat pretty much all day .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loved this game. Felt like revisiting my original experience of FF7 with new life breathed into it. Now as for the trophy hunting, am I correct that getting all three dresses requires a total of 3 play throughs of chapters 3 and 8?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth View Post
    Loved this game. Felt like revisiting my original experience of FF7 with new life breathed into it. Now as for the trophy hunting, am I correct that getting all three dresses requires a total of 3 play throughs of chapters 3 and 8?
    Yes, all 9 should be obtainable on three playthroughs of Chapters 3, 8, and 9 (3 x 3 = 9), assuming you do all of the side quests for Chapters 3 and 9 on two of the playthroughs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yes, all 9 should be obtainable on three playthroughs of Chapters 3, 8, and 9 (3 x 3 = 9), assuming you do all of the side quests for Chapters 3 and 9 on two of the playthroughs.
    Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth View Post
    Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks.
    Not sure if you're a fury ring user, but for hard mode and even normal they come in handy and you can really melt some bosses with your entire party having one equipped.

When you replay chapter 9, it appears again in the chest inside Don Corneo's waiting room.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    anyone know if this remake is ever getting a PC version?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Updates on some characters and the world itself! Major update coming 2021.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    anyone know if this remake is ever getting a PC version?
    I believe the PS4 was exclusive for a year...that may have changed.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I just bought a copy of the FF7 remake on eBay last week. Should be here any day now, but i have nothing to play it on until my PS5 gets here.
    Been looking forward to trying the game out for months now.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So let me get this straight...

They are releasing a free upgrade to PS5 version if you own the PS4 copy... But you are now locked out of the new episode with Yuffie if you want to play on PS4. A game they pushed so hard to be available and exclusive to Playstation 4 (There is no news in sight for it coming to PC or Xbox yet btw) now has unattainable DLC because you were too slow to try and take hours out of your day to try and land a PS5.

... And we get to play and control Yuffie before Red XIII?? I really hope they don't fuck up Part II, because this all stinks.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    This Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster thing is a mess. Removing all of the extra stuff they added in the PSOne/PSP/GBA versions, new sprites look like shit, removing the older ports of V and VI from Steam...

I understand the mobile/Steam versions were whatever, but this is a step back in every regard.
    Last edited by Jon; 07-02-2021 at 11:52 AM. Reason: platform revision

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Today marks the 25th anniversary for Final Fantasy VII, and my personal favorite RPG. More announcements and a possible Remake Part 2 reveal coming soon!!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Today marks the 25th anniversary for Final Fantasy VII, and my personal favorite RPG. More announcements and a possible Remake Part 2 reveal coming soon!!

I would love to hear more news about a follow up to FFVIIR. It's really overdue

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I would love to hear more news about a follow up to FFVIIR. It's really overdue
    Me too, but I'm sure we will get something this year, and hopefully not more spin-off games I don't really care about.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth coming next winter! The title for the second installment, and will be finished in a Trilogy, with the third game already being worked on. So happy about this announcement.

Crisis Core Reunion coming this winter!

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-17-2022 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    really happy about the Crisis Core PS5 remake. I always felt that game was really criminally overlooked because not only was it a PSP exclusive, it was never released in the digital store, so you had to have bought a UMD disc version... and it is one of the best action RPGs ever made, and one of the few games to actually get me emotionally invested in its story.

And while we're on the general final fantasy topic, it's crazy that nobody in here has played FFXIV? It's not just an MMO. The story actually gets really good once you get to the first expansion, Heavensward. I'm just now finishing the Endwalker expansion, and it's tying up the story in such a satisfying way. For an MMO to reach JRPG storytelling highlights that remind me of Nier or FFVI/VII or Suikoden 2 is really something I didn't expect. The game is free now until you want to progress past Heavensward, and it's a little tricky to figure out how to get the free version running on console, but I can't recommend it enough. It's not just another micromanaging grindfest by a long shot, and I think it deserves the numbered title that marks it as a main entry in the series.

Only criticisms I really have are that the game's exposition gets really slow in some parts, the plot is really badly presented in the beginning, and it takes a bit of time and dedication to see what's great here... but if it hasn't clicked with you by the time you get to Heavensward, it's probably not going to be your thing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wow.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Feels like the FF folks *really* hate women these days. Game looks fine. But this coming off stranger of paradise and the way ff7 remake handles women and ffxv, seems like a big fucking culture problem in that office.

In general, the writing in Stranger of Paradise for all it's comically bad... You gotta worry about those folks. How do they not know?! How did that story and dialogue make it through as many layers of approval as it did?

I've actually played quite a bit of FFXIV in the expansion from a couple of years ago, I wanted to make it as far as clearing a few raids and high level activities, and I did that! Ultimately I found the combat a *bit* too complicated to stick with it. I really enjoyed playing as a red mage, and might have kept going if there was a little less to keep track of, but at the end of the day I have a lot of respect for that game and that community.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 10-20-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    There's this whole 2D HD trend going on, and I sure would fucking LOVE a new, OLD STYLE FF game: one without motorcycles and futuristic shit, that is NOT an MMO.

Give me FF4: Airship Crisis, or WHATEVER the fuck...I mean, just ANYTHING that was like the game I fell in love with on the NES, that was perfected as a series on the SNES.

I know I'm not the only one hoping for an official, 90s style, turn based Final Fantasy, with about 300 hours of gameplay.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm playing Dragon Quest XI (I know, I'm late) on the Switch, and I'm playing it exclusively in 2D mode. Looks like a SNES/DS game and I love it. It'd be awesome if FF games did that too, but I think those days are gone because the style of play is different than DQ (which is extremely traditional turn based)