Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steam Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Steam Thread

I figured Steam should deserve it's own thread, especially for keeping up with updates and sales. There's currently an Autumn sale going on, I'll post the daily deals in the first post. We could arrange game nights or figure out what we all play over Steam, as well as find people for trades or to join in on group-buys for the packs they sell.

WINTER SALE HAS ARRIVED.

Never buy something unless it is a daily deal, as that is the cheapest they will go. If you want something, wait and see if it becomes a daily deal, and if it doesn't , get it at the end of the sale to be sure you got the best deal.

ETS Steam Community
    Last edited by darktemplar007; 12-20-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Was really hoping that Skyrim would be on this final Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale day. Still, maybe it will be on Cyber Monday or during the Christmas craziness also known as, the time where people buy countless games they will never play.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darktemplar007 View Post
    Isn't there also an ETS group on Steam?

Yup! ETS Steam community:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/echoingthesound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There will most likely be a winter sale as well, maybe it'll go down a bit then. I updated the first post with todays deals (I will try to keep it up to date with big sales and daily deals), also linked the community.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hello there. Steam has lower prices in my country. Might offer gift purchases. You might save 10-15 bucks, i might make 2-3 bucks, all 100% legal.
    Questions preferably via private messages (my steam username is the same as here, but i'm mostly offline)

note for mods: if you think this message is spam, please contact me and i'll explain why it is not. peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Steam has a wishlist giveaway along with some daily deals going on this week. Details in first post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holiday Sale begins today,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darktemplar007 View Post
    Holiday Sale begins today,
    Fuck!
    "If I don't buy this game at this great discount I'll LOSE money in the end"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm finally gonna buy Sanctum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    I'm finally gonna buy Sanctum.
    Sanctum is fantastic. It's really fun and hard alone, but it gets awesome with friends.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know, I played it for quite a while when it was the free weekend but I forgot to buy it then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My boyfriend is going crazy over the deals right now. I'm trying to dissuade him from buying every game package.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    FYI, I have -75% for Alien vs Predator, -33% for Codemasters and -33% for Valve.

Let me know fast if you'd like to trade with me since I'm not interested in any that much. :P
    Last edited by MAD; 12-22-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Terraria is 50% off until January 2nd. I might grab it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Terraria is 50% off until January 2nd. I might grab it.
    If you wait it out I'm sure it'll pop up for 75% off during one of the daily deals.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    joined group. i'm new to the whole steam community thing, didn't even discover how to add friends yet. anybody plays Race07/GTR evo?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    also i have a spare retail key for Race07+STCC bundle - http://store.steampowered.com/app/8690/
    would like to sell (paypal) or exchange for some other game of ~ $10 value (preferably Portal2)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New deals are up, of which I highly recommend Frozen Synapse. Top-down multiplayer turn-based tactical manshooting. And you get two keys for the price (£2.24).

Buy Audiosurf as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimA View Post
    New deals are up, of which I highly recommend Frozen Synapse. Top-down multiplayer turn-based tactical manshooting. And you get two keys for the price (£2.24).

Buy Audiosurf as well.
    I updated the first post. I completely agree on Frozen Synapse. One of the best strategy titles i have ever played.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Well guys, I got -50% off for L.A. Noire. That's 25-30 bucks off and makes it cheaper than during this holiday promotion (currently it has -25%).

Let me know if you guys want it in exchange for coal or other games. I already have LA Noire and I don't want it on Steam too. I highly recommend it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Terreria's 2.49 today. Awesome game I'd recommend to anyone.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Terreria's 2.49 today.

1.7 in my currency - i can get you guys even better deals - examples: $15 for CoD BO, $10 for W40k DoW2 pack
    all legal, just ask by email or by forum message.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't really know where to put this, but since I'm playing it on Steam - I thought I'd place it here:

I've been playing the Telltale Games for the 'Back to the Future' series and they've been pretty fun. I love hearing the voice acting - since Christopher Lloyd reprises his role and the guy they hired to voice Marty made even my mom swear it was Michael J. Fox. I've been a fan of the Monkey Island series, but had never checked these out... but now that I'm playing them, I definitely recommend them to anyone who enjoys riddle/plot based point and go adventures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    I don't really know where to put this, but since I'm playing it on Steam - I thought I'd place it here:

I've been playing the Telltale Games for the 'Back to the Future' series and they've been pretty fun. I love hearing the voice acting - since Christopher Lloyd reprises his role and the guy they hired to voice Marty made even my mom swear it was Michael J. Fox. I've been a fan of the Monkey Island series, but had never checked these out... but now that I'm playing them, I definitely recommend them to anyone who enjoys riddle/plot based point and go adventures.
    Good to hear they are good. I've been wanting to check them out.

New deals are up, first post updated.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Monkey Island
    I have a -50% Coupon for that. Which is better than what's on Steam right now. If anyone wants to trade something for it, give me a PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I highly recommend Sequence if you're a fan of electronic music. It's a mix of rhythm/RPG and a lot of fun. You can't really go wrong at its price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just bought The Binding of Isaac for 99p. It's fantastic!

I'd been holding off for ages, even though it is pretty widely acclaimed. If you don't know about it, it's basically a twin-stick shooter with permadeath in semi-randomly generated dungeons. You play an abused child who is trying to escape his mother who is trying to sacrifice you, where your main weapon is your tears. Yes. Lots of interesting powerups, very addictive.

Definitely worth a go for that price.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I finally got the achievement for The Binding of Isaac. That sucked. Otherwise, I enjoyed the game, you should buy the soundtrack too, it's ~25c.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Won empire total war today from the left4dead2 achievement. Sweet deal.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    recommending Rochard - side-scroller space adventure with gravity manipulation

p. s.
    even if you don't get in time for holiday discount, contact me for cheaper prices on most of steam catalog (will gift purchase in exchange for paypal money)