Thread: Final Fantasy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Somewhat related, does anyone know of any other games that use growth systems like X's Sphere Grid or XII's License Board? I loved both of those systems so very much.

I also feel I'm in the minority, but XII's combat system is probably my favorite RPG combat system ever in a game.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darktemplar007 View Post
    I also feel I'm in the minority, but XII's combat system is probably my favorite RPG combat system ever in a game.
    Completely agree. XII is the absolute best JRPG of the past decade or so. I love everything about that game so much.

As for similarities, tricky one. IIRC Rogue Galaxy has a mechanic that is somewhat similar to the License Board. The Digital Devil Saga games use a very Sphere Grid-esque progression system.

-

I enjoyed XIII a fair bit initially, but got kind of burned out toward the end and never finished it. I got stuck on Barthandelus II and ragequit when he used Doom after a 30 minute fight that I was totally going to win GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Didn't have any motivation to continue after that. Traded the game in not long after and haven't looked back since. I might pick it back up with XIII-2 when the latter goes down in price a bit.