Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    There's this whole 2D HD trend going on, and I sure would fucking LOVE a new, OLD STYLE FF game: one without motorcycles and futuristic shit, that is NOT an MMO..
    Well, this isn't going to have the words "Final fantasy" on it, but it's gonna be awesome
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hundred-heroes

also, I know how a lot of people feel about MMOs, but FF14 is different.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, this isn't going to have the words "Final fantasy" on it, but it's gonna be awesome
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hundred-heroes

also, I know how a lot of people feel about MMOs, but FF14 is different.
    I'm not AGAINST MMOs...I just never got into them.
    Sheap loves them, and tried pretty hard to get me into one of them like eleven years ago.

I just...man, I LOVE Chrono Trigger and the like, and a possible renaissance of games in that style REALLY excites me.

Remember: I'm someone who was big into NES jrpgs, ffs.

I'm damn sure not trying to.talk shit about anyone's enjoyment of ANY game.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    that's why I was recommending checking out that kickstarter project. It's basically a throwback to old turn-based jrpgs w/ animated sprites, made by the people who made the original Suikoden games

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    whoa, you have my attention. Never played part 2 but the first Suikoden is one of my favorite games of all time.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    whoa, you have my attention. Never played part 2 but the first Suikoden is one of my favorite games of all time.
    Suikoden 2 is probably my favorite old school JRPG, right alongside FF6 and Chrono Trigger. For a while it was impossible to find, but then they released it on the PSN store, but you can only play that now on PS3, Vita, or PSP. They are about to release a remastered collection of Suikoden 1 and 2, and I think it's coming out on all the console platforms, not sure about PC.

If you liked Suikoden 1, you will love Suikoden 2. It's also one of the darkest games I've ever played. It really goes there.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Wait...a remastered collection!! Is this confirmed? Oh I'd love to play it on my Switch Lite!! I'd love to play part 2. I had it in my hands a few years ago, a PS1 copy (had a PS2) but it was $125 and I didn't have it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Wait...a remastered collection!! Is this confirmed? Oh I'd love to play it on my Switch Lite!! I'd love to play part 2. I had it in my hands a few years ago, a PS1 copy (had a PS2) but it was $125 and I didn't have it.
    PS4, XBONE, Switch, and Steam "in 2023".

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Co-sign on Suikoden. Final Fantasy V 2-player is the greatest thing ever.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I know it's been re-released a few times, but I'd love to have some of the NES/SNES FF games on the Switch. One can hope.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If it wasn't for emulators, I wouldn't be able to play all the older suckers. It took until this year to find out IX is also 2p.

I'm currently playing the Tactics redux for the PSP, and it's a blast.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just played through Final Fantasy 7 (OG) and completed 100% for the umpteenth time. I wish I had the data on how many hours I have actually played this game since its release, but it has been tradition to beat the game once a year since it was introduced into the video game world, and I have yet to break that tradition lol.

The materia system has always been my favorite when it came to how other systems have worked in other FF titles, respectfully. I'll never forget when me and my buddy Tom were messing around with materia combinations for an ENTIRE weekend and discovered so many good, game breaking combos that I dabbled with again on this play-through.

Mime, Counter, and Magic Counter we found to be the most powerful as far as the capabilites it holds for other powerful materia to create chains of continuous damage from Knights of Round, Cloud's Omnislash limit break, or even a simple 4X Cut/Counter/Mime combo.

7 Magic Counter Materia, 6 Mime Materia, HP <> MP Materia, will grant you 7 Knights of Round attacks in a row lol... (Grab the popcorn)

Using Cloud's Omnislash... 8 sets each of Mime and Counter materia (Mastered) will grant you a million hit points, that allows you to one shot anything in the game.

And my personal favorite, 4X Cut combined with 7 sets of Mime materia, along with mastered Counter will grant you a whopping 28 attacks in a row.

There are so many cool combos you can make with obscure materias, and to this day I am still discovering others. Cannot wait to see what they do with Rebirth!

Crisis Core - Reunion is right around the corner!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the pixel remasters of 1 - 6 have just been rated by the ESRB for PS4/Switch, so I guess they're coming to consoles soon.
    I also have pretty high hopes for XVI after the the new trailer.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/live/9whIgbzxrrI?feature=share

This looks absolutely incredible... Jaw-dropping! Final Fantasy games have come to the point where we are now playing out the cutscenes of our favorite summons.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/live/9whIgbzxrrI?feature=share

This looks absolutely incredible... Jaw-dropping! Final Fantasy games have come to the point where we are now playing out the cutscenes of our favorite summons.
    It does look pretty good, I thought FF7R was really well done in terms of combat. Hopefully this is an evolution of that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    It does look pretty good, I thought FF7R was really well done in terms of combat. Hopefully this is an evolution of that.
    Agreed. My only gripe is not being able to control the other party members; you only control Clive. I find this a tad confusing because FF7R did such a great job with seamlessly switching between party members.

Now we just need some more news on Rebirth, which I believe will come out of somewhere around late fall.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    if you've played FF14, you know it's going to be gooooooood.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've been going through the Pixel Remasters as a way to hype up for 16... I've currently got the platinum for 1,2, and 5, completed 6 (I think I'm going to forgo trying to 100% that one, geez), and I'm starting on 3. I'm loving the Pixel Remasters, but... I really think they could have done a bit more. For the asking price of 80 dollars, it would have been nice to see more graphic overlay options, like the option to choose the sprites from the iOS versions, the PSP or PS1 releases... and while it has nothing to do with Pixels, they could have thrown in the 3D versions of 4 and 3... and I don't agree with the choice to axe the added dungeons in V and IV, along with the (disappointing but still there) After Years IV DLC.

It's hard to really complain, because these Pixel Remasters were basically something I'd always wanted, but the uniform graphics on all of them makes it feel like one larger game, that somehow eschews the uniqueness of each individual title. It basically turns Parts 1 - 5 into 6 visually... which is really cool, I guess I just wouldn't have liked something super "definitive." Maybe after the unexpected success of these console releases (duh, how they didn't see the market for this...), maybe they'll release a DLC with more graphic skins. Not holding my breath, but it would be awesome.

It also makes me a little sad that the iOS remakes are basically dead ware now. Sure, the character models were atrocious and looked like freeplay phone graphics, but the enemies and backgrounds looked great. It's kinda sad to see all that graphic work just thrown in the trash. Maybe there's a way to emulate them...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    IV, V, VI and IX were a blast 2p on the PS1. The job system in V is so damn fun.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    IV, V, VI and IX were a blast 2p on the PS1. The job system in V is so damn fun.
    They should make these Pixel Remasters multiplayer... though I guess you COULD do that w/ PS5 party chat -> share play -> hand the controller.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    We used Parsec and Duckstation upscaled. They're not the pixel remasters, but they're looking OK to me. I could play V over and over and over. Did the PS and then the GBA one about a year later.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've always wanted to play one of the Tales Of... games w/ another player but that's pretty niche. If anyone wants to team up for Beseria or Zestiria or Vesperia I'm down.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will be 2 discs. Brings me back to the old days .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will be 2 discs. Brings me back to the old days .
    The trailer looked excellent. That hard drive space is going to be a problem!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    The trailer looked excellent. That hard drive space is going to be a problem!

I was trying to post the trailer yesterday, and my phone wouldn't cooperate.

This looks absolutely STUNNING. Pointing out all of the locations, the scenery, just... Everything. Really interested where they bring the new elements of the story into play, along with being able to fight more with Red XIII!

I actually just expanded my storage space. Saved some money on an SSD, just need to install over the weekend.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I actually just expanded my storage space. Saved some money on an SSD, just need to install over the weekend.
    The only annoying part is getting the initial cover to come off. It snaps back in really easily, but you keep feeling like you're going to break it when you snap the top off.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The only annoying part is getting the initial cover to come off. It snaps back in really easily, but you keep feeling like you're going to break it when you snap the top off.
    After installing multiple amounts of these in the PS5, it always feels this way lol. Storage is officially expanded, just need the games!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rebirth looks great. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so... is nobody else playing the demo for FF16?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    so... is nobody else playing the demo for FF16?
    Literally just walked in from work. Playing it tonight for sure, and it's about FIVE HOURS LONG. Progress also carries over to the finished game, and a lot of feedback so far, is overwhelmingly positive.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Literally just walked in from work. Playing it tonight for sure, and it's about FIVE HOURS LONG. Progress also carries over to the finished game, and a lot of feedback so far, is overwhelmingly positive.
    So far it's mostly been a tutorial with some cinematics... but they're good. The tone is definitely darker than anything FF has done before, even if I'm really still at the point where I'm learning how to play. The combat feels great though. I think this is a great idea... let you go through the tutorial and intro-story stuff as a demo, and then let you pick up from there when it releases a week later.

I actually think that's brilliant. It lets me really just pace out the tutorial / story stuff, what's I guess five hours, at the speed I want, without going "can we please get to the actual game already?" which is something that always nags on me when I'm starting a long RPG. So far I'm really enjoying everything about it.