Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm really curious how they're going to do the open world part. Luckily, they have a ton of assets that they can use for Part 2 (or 3?)...so maybe it won't take as long as we think.
    I also hope they won't take as long and have gone further along than we assumed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So Butterfinger is running a promo in the US for exclusive DLC items and an exclusive Tifa Lockhart dynamic theme. I've been using my Death Stranding theme since I got that game in November. Time for a change.

It's an awesome theme. I took a photo to share with everyone here curious.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I loved this game but don't really want to replay it since all I have left is the side quests. I don't find that the side quests enhance my experience or fulfill me in anyway. Does anyone else feel like that? I'm just going to wait for the next installment of the story, no matter how long that takes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been playing this whenever I can and I absolutely love it.

Like a lot of people, I grew up with the original and for me, it's hard to believe I'm playing it all over again in 2020. It's surreal as fuck.

I'm only on chapter 8 though, so I really hope it continues to hold up. Excited to play more tonight as soon as I can.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So Butterfinger is running a promo in the US for exclusive DLC items and an exclusive Tifa Lockhart dynamic theme. I've been using my Death Stranding theme since I got that game in November. Time for a change.

It really helps you admire the way her tits push past her suspenders like desperate people leaving a fire escape

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It really helps you admire the way her tits push past her suspenders like desperate people leaving a fire escape
    I suppose if you're a pervert that gets off on a video game characters, sure.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that pervert is in charge of designing final fantasy characters

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

So do I have to buy a butterfinger and then type in a code somewhere? How many did you need to get it? I need something to do so I might head out and pick one up

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Guess I'm buying a butterfinger tomorrow.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Okay, crow eating time. As someone who has vehemently criticized FF7 for being one of the most overrated games ever, I have to say I'm floored by the epic scope of this remake. You can tell so much love and care went into making this, and it's easily the most fully realized form of any FF title to date (even despite this being "incomplete" as it stands). This is absolutely worthy of the masterpiece title that everyone's thrown around for decades now (and I'm only just past the fight with Roche).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So do I have to buy a butterfinger and then type in a code somewhere? How many did you need to get it? I need something to do so I might head out and pick one up
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Guess I'm buying a butterfinger tomorrow.
    To get the theme (first DLC of promotion) you need to purchase 2 Butterfinger, Baby Ruth or Crunch bars. Take a photo of the receipt (receipt MUST say product name and not “candy bar” “candy” etc) and send it to the linked website.

https://butterfingerff7r.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Okay, crow eating time. As someone who has vehemently criticized FF7 for being one of the most overrated games ever, I have to say I'm floored by the epic scope of this remake. You can tell so much love and care went into making this, and it's easily the most fully realized form of any FF title to date (even despite this being "incomplete" as it stands). This is absolutely worthy of the masterpiece title that everyone's thrown around for decades now (and I'm only just past the fight with Roche).
    Curious if you had played the original? At the time, it was absolutely engrossing, but I would imagine if you didn't play it during that initial time (97-2001 whatever) it would seem that way. A friend of mine had a PlayStation (and I had a PC), so I played some of it at his house and loved it. I had to wait on it to come to PC to finish it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Curious if you had played the original? At the time, it was absolutely engrossing, but I would imagine if you didn't play it during that initial time (97-2001 whatever) it would seem that way. A friend of mine had a PlayStation (and I had a PC), so I played some of it at his house and loved it. I had to wait on it to come to PC to finish it.
    I was always a staunch anti-PlayStation guy, so didn't get around to playing the original until years after the fact. I've never managed to get more than a few hours into it from any iteration, including last year's Switch release which only verified to me that it really hasn't aged well at all compared to the 16-bit games. That honestly applies to a ton of games from that whole 1996-2002 ish time frame though IMO.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wish Nobuo Uematsu had come back for the music but I understand if he didn't want to. I feel the new music still doesn't match the level of innovation and sophistication Uematsu's score had (in 1997). Hopefully the new composers prove me wrong as the new chapters come in.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I was always a staunch anti-PlayStation guy, so didn't get around to playing the original until years after the fact. I've never managed to get more than a few hours into it from any iteration, including last year's Switch release which only verified to me that it really hasn't aged well at all compared to the 16-bit games. That honestly applies to a ton of games from that whole 1996-2002 ish time frame though IMO.
    Very true.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    I wish Nobuo Uematsu had come back for the music but I understand if he didn't want to. I feel the new music still doesn't match the level of innovation and sophistication Uematsu's score had (in 1997). Hopefully the new composers prove me wrong as the new chapters come in.
    Thought he was involved. He's been doing some stuff with SE in recent years. Just not as much.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    I actually feel the complete opposite with the new score, as every song that corresponds to an area is worked upon and modernized like the dialogue. With a few exceptions, I like the new score much more, but the original has a special place in my heart.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm definitely super curious about the perspective of anyone going in totally raw.

I love it. I had very low expectations, but I can't imagine it being much better. My one complaint is that there is some severe padding, but it doesn't matter that much because I really enjoy actually playing the game, and I've always found this section of the game to be vastly Superior to what follows

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Thought he was involved. He's been doing some stuff with SE in recent years. Just not as much.
    There's conflicting information out there, but he was at least involved with "Hollow" (the theme song). He is listed as a composer on the majority of the "remixed" songs.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    There's conflicting information out there, but he was at least involved with "Hollow" (the theme song). He is listed as a composer on the majority of the "remixed" songs.
    I just could have sworn that I had read something about him returning. Maybe that was wrong. Who knows?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I just could have sworn that I had read something about him returning. Maybe that was wrong. Who knows?
    All of the official press releases I've seen only specifically mention "Hollow":

https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/...hollow-trailer

But then, looking at the mini album credits, Uematsu is credited as composer:

Waiting for the physical soundtrack release with full credits.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I didn't know he did all of the Final Fantasies and the last was X. Good Lord he's incredible.

I finished this, absolute perfection. I really hope we don't have to wait another two years.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I think the lack of Nobuo Uematsu is part of what killed XII and XIII, both of which I think are pretty underrated. He would have made XV better too

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He's had limited involvement after X. In XII, I think he did one song (XV too, I think). He seems to always be involved in some capacity. Just not as the main composer anymore.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I liked XIII and really liked most of XV and XII, but they never felt like "true Final Fantasy games" because the soundtrack. This FFVIIR feels like a Final Fantasy game again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    He's had limited involvement after X. In XII, I think he did one song (XV too, I think). He seems to always be involved in some capacity. Just not as the main composer anymore.
    I believe he did the theme song or title song for XII.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I believe he did the theme song or title song for XII.
    Yeah, I think it might have been the main theme. Not sure if he had any involvement in XIII. Seemed very involved in XIV. And I think I was wrong about XV.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hitoshi Sakimoto did FFXII and FF Tactics. He also did the scores for Vagrant Story and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. He is a very fine composer - amazing actually. I think Yoko Shimomura did FFXV, along with some other composers. However, Nobuo Uematsu is in a league of his own. He really elevated the genre of video game music to something that could be respected as art, enjoyable on its own merit. I believe that once he's gone, we'll never find another like him. He was that innovative and genius.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think it might have been the main theme. Not sure if he had any involvement in XIII. Seemed very involved in XIV. And I think I was wrong about XV.
    Nah, you good homie. He did the theme song for the Comrades expansion.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I love this game but the fucking padding is ridiculous lol

This game:

"Hey it's this guy, were going to have to fight him"
    "Are you sure? That we have to fight him?"
    "I really think we should if we want to *explains plot point*"
    "Ok then let's fight them"

Holy fuck

And then
    *Fight ends* *camera takes like 10 fucking seconds to pan back to characters face*
    "Wow we really did win the fight"
    "Yes"
    "What should we do now?"
    "Well remember *mcguffin?* I think we should go looking for that"
    "Oh yes, I remember *mcguffin* let's look for that"
    Game allow you to travel like 30 feet, repeat