Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Just noticed my FF7 digital pre order has been automatically cancelled... hopefully this doesn’t mean a new delay announcement

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Just noticed my FF7 digital pre order has been automatically cancelled... hopefully this doesn’t mean a new delay announcement
    I don't think so. Remember reading something a week or so ago about having to preorder again.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I don't think so. Remember reading something a week or so ago about having to preorder again.
    Yes, the cancelation is in regards to the first (And hopefully only) delay.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-13-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Opening movie.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The demo made my wait even worse now... Fucking hell this remake is going to be something special. Being able to see how disconnected Cloud is, along with the banter between him and Barret is nothing short of amazing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I sucked at this demo lol. Not as easy as I was expecting it to be.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think that, without the pedigree of the original and the developer, this demo would come out and people wouldn't give this game a chance.

The gameplay kind of feels like if mass effect had like a shittier, clunkier system for casting spells and using items. The combat is tedious, rather than challenging. The entire dialogue and audio aesthetic is pure cringe.

There is a part of me that still wants that game and that is the part with the nostalgia and the brand recognition. I think RE2 remake did an excellent job using modern technology to step up the atmosphere and gameplay in a way that felt really amazing. The dialogue in that game was also comically bad, but you could bear with it because the gameplay was so strong.

I feel like everything new in this remake makes it worse.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Only gripe I had with the Demo was not being able to move the camera 360 while I'm in combat; especially when there is a slowdown between picking spells and such. The dialogue I found appropriate for what the game is, with Barrets being so cringe but I was grinning the entire time. Hearing these characters speak for the first time with all the updated environments... I couldn't help but shed a tear. The mixing of ATB and real time battle was a blast for me to experiment with what we were given; works so well in my opinion. The end battle was a bit more challenging than I expected, but was still a breeze.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm on my third play through.... and it's fucking glorious.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ahh, was going to ask if you got around to it... And we haven't even seen the entire party yet!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if I should try this out or wait for a month...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I feel like i should try this. I'll admit i missed out on FF as a kid (i've only ever played 13, and i didn't really enjoy that) so the demo might give me an idea of what to expect. I will say that graphics and animation wise the game just looks fucking STUNNING! And i'm a right sucker for JRPG's.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    my only complaint is that "classic mode" is basically just super-easy mode, and not really the "turn based" concept that was floated. That, and I didn't like the plot point change where Spoiler: Shinra intentionally blew the reactor arm after Avalanche's bomb failed to. Otherwise I'm amped. I even like the English voice acting.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-05-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    This makes me Super happy read

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    my only complaint is that "classic mode" is basically just super-easy mode, and not really the "turn based" concept that was floated.
    Is it worth buying a PS4 just for this game?
    I've been super stoked about the remake for a while now, and was on the fence at first because I don't care about "action RPGs" where you are running and jumping and dodging and attacking all in real time.
    I am more of a turn based RPG fan, so when the news of "classic mode" came to fruition, I as well assumed it was going to be... well... classic turn based, so when I saw it wasn't I kind of lost interest in picking it up a bit.

Not gonna lie, game looks absolutely gorgeous. Just donno if I'll like the gameplay or not. Buying a a whole console for 1 game seems absurd. Especially with this being the PS4's last legs and the PS5 just around the corner.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The game is exclusive for a year...however PS4s should be pretty cheap right now with the new ones coming out soon. You have a ton of stuff that you could play that are PS4 exclusives, or buy a PS5 since it should have backward compatibility.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I've been super stoked about the remake for a while now, and was on the fence at first because I don't care about "action RPGs" where you are running and jumping and dodging and attacking all in real time.
    I am more of a turn based RPG fan, so when the news of "classic mode" came to fruition, I as well assumed it was going to be... well... classic turn based, so when I saw it wasn't I kind of lost interest in picking it up a bit.

Not gonna lie, game looks absolutely gorgeous. Just donno if I'll like the gameplay or not. Buying a a whole console for 1 game seems absurd. Especially with this being the PS4's last legs and the PS5 just around the corner.
    Yea, the classic mode was a bit confusing since it doesn't reflect the turn based at all, nor the way they explained it. If running around and dodging isn't your thing, I wouldn't buy an entire console solely for this game. Like Kodiak said, just buy a PS5 or wait a year when it is available for Xbox. By that time, another part of the game should be released. I have friends that aren't playing it until the entire game is out.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 03-06-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    For me it would be, but I don't know about recommending that. Probably better to just wait, especially if you have no interest in games like Bloodborne or Uncharted 4, which you can get for practically free now and are amazing. PS4 has a great exclusive line up, but if it doesn't appeal to you then it's probably better to wait a year, cuz that's probably how long it will take anyway to get the second chapter out (at least).

BTW: the combat can always be paused to go into your menus.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think I'll just hold out. I had it on my "day 1" purchase list, but after seeing gameplay footage, I don't know if I'm going to be super big on it with the fact it's more of an action game than a turn based strategy game.
    Bloodborne and Uncharted and all of that do not interest me. I'd literally be buying the system JUST for FF7, and with the PS5 just around the corner, I may as well just hold out and buy one of those so I can finally get rid of the PS2 taking up shelf room, lol.

Had a friend that wants to wait for all the "episodes" to come out before buying/playing it as well. If you do that, I have a feeling you'll be waiting a looong time though, considering how long it took for this one to even come out.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Fun fact: the majority of people that purchase consoles still do so because of 1 or 2 games. I know FF7 and SOTN were the reason(s) I bought an original PS; everything else was icing on the cake. There's also the added benefit of it being one of the best Blu-ray players on the mass market, because of constant firmware updates.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Fun fact: the majority of people that purchase consoles still do so because of 1 or 2 games. I know FF7 and SOTN were the reason(s) I bought an original PS; everything else was icing on the cake. There's also the added benefit of it being one of the best Blu-ray players on the mass market, because of constant firmware updates.
    I bought my PS4 clearly for Bloodborne.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I bought my PS4 clearly for Bloodborne.
    And you made a good choice, because it's the best game ever made.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Maybe I just had a moment of clarity and/or regret about canceling my original ~2014 order of FF7 Remake, but I saw the Deluxe just went back up for sale on Amazon so I got in on it. They're not giving an estimated delivery date, but whatever! I'm back on this train I guess hahaha

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Maybe I just had a moment of clarity and/or regret about canceling my original ~2014 order of FF7 Remake, but I saw the Deluxe just went back up for sale on Amazon so I got in on it. They're not giving an estimated delivery date, but whatever! I'm back on this train I guess hahaha
    I ordered my deluxe back in June of last year and they updated saying it won't arrive until the 14th of April. Your date may be different since you just ordered. Keep an eye on it!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I am literally counting down the hours until 9pm

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I ordered my deluxe back in June of last year and they updated saying it won't arrive until the 14th of April. Your date may be different since you just ordered. Keep an eye on it!
    They just updated it to reflect Tuesday delivery as well

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Still apparently getting my copy from Amazon tomorrow...I can't wait!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    They just updated it to reflect Tuesday delivery as well
    Awesomeee... Have to avoid spoilers now until then. I cannot believe we will be holding this gem in our hands after all these years!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I ordered the deluxe edition off Best Buy not too long after this covid-19 bullshit started shutting everything down to ensure I got it. It'll deliver tomorrow in the mail and my pre-order materia will be e-mailed tomorrow as well. Stoked!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-09-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    THREE HOURS! I've had to avoid Twitch since everyone is streaming. This wait is so hard lol