Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Sounds like what Andy Dick (who I think actually parodied Manson on MTV back when) did to Phil Hartman's wife.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    What a fine jolly young man this Manson chap is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's kind of sad to have seen this happen to and around Manson. In a way he was opening the world's eyes to see that alternative people aren't evil while also screeching lyrics about being different... and in doing so he helped advance the subject to a broader understanding. It's up to actual evidence and judges to figure out if everything is true, but at the same time all of this, for a huge part, destroyed everything the old shocking musicians achieved: making people accept non-mainstream individuals. This is yet another step towards a regression in acceptance, imho.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What a fine jolly young man this Manson chap is.
    Who stole his act from Alice Cooper, 50 years ago.

May 10, 1973, Rolling Stone Magazine:

Alice Cooper: America’s Rock & Roll DeSade
    He may have a mysterious persona, but his message is clear
    Last edited by allegro; Yesterday at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really can't stand people who say 'X artist ripped off Y artist'. I mean maybe if they are doing the exact same thing without adding anything more or doing something different you may have a point. It's called influence. You could say NIN ripped off a heap of bands too - you could literally name any band and find comparisons to an older artist. Manson obviously was influenced by Alice Cooper among a heap of other acts. How is it possible for every band to be 100% original exactly?

Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    I guess the silver lining with this is maybe it's a good thing Manson never OD'd yet. If he did he wouldn't be able to witness himself and his career getting completely blown the fuck out like it has the last month.

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    I really can't stand people who say 'X artist ripped off Y artist'. I mean maybe if they are doing the exact same thing without adding anything more or doing something different you may have a point. It's called influence.
    In this type of instance, it's called schtick.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    What I donít understand is why so much of the credit for Ďhisí work goes to him rather than the people around him. I remember when someone on here laughably made out that MM could score a film because of Resident Evil and when you delve further you find out that it was only 15 mins of score, Tim Skold was involved AND an actual film scorer Marco Beltrami so you can guess how much involvement MM had. If you love We Are Chaos why not give more credit to Shooter Jennings where it clearly belongs. Thatís probably one of the reasons for people getting booted from the band, they were getting too much credit
    Last edited by WorzelG; Yesterday at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Most likely why the venom towards Trent too

Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    What I don’t understand is why so much of the credit for ‘his’ work goes to him rather than the people around him. I remember when someone on here laughably made out that MM could score a film because of Resident Evil and when you delve further you find out that it was only 15 mins of score, Tim Skold was involved AND an actual film scorer Marco Beltrami so you can guess how much involvement MM had. If you love We Are Chaos why not give more credit to Shooter Jennings where it clearly belongs. That’s probably one of the reasons for people getting booted from the band, they were getting too much credit
    My husband said the exact same thing this morning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    What I don’t understand is why so much of the credit for ‘his’ work goes to him rather than the people around him. I remember when someone on here laughably made out that MM could score a film because of Resident Evil and when you delve further you find out that it was only 15 mins of score, Tim Skold was involved AND an actual film scorer Marco Beltrami so you can guess how much involvement MM had. If you love We Are Chaos why not give more credit to Shooter Jennings where it clearly belongs. That’s probably one of the reasons for people getting booted from the band, they were getting too much credit
    Because his narcissistic ass can't handle this and his fanbase also don't care much about that. Manson hasn't even learned to play basic guitar in all of his career.