Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Sounds like what Andy Dick (who I think actually parodied Manson on MTV back when) did to Phil Hartman's wife.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    What a fine jolly young man this Manson chap is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's kind of sad to have seen this happen to and around Manson. In a way he was opening the world's eyes to see that alternative people aren't evil while also screeching lyrics about being different... and in doing so he helped advance the subject to a broader understanding. It's up to actual evidence and judges to figure out if everything is true, but at the same time all of this, for a huge part, destroyed everything the old shocking musicians achieved: making people accept non-mainstream individuals. This is yet another step towards a regression in acceptance, imho.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    What a fine jolly young man this Manson chap is.
    Who stole his act from Alice Cooper, 50 years ago.

May 10, 1973, Rolling Stone Magazine:

Alice Cooper: America’s Rock & Roll DeSade
    He may have a mysterious persona, but his message is clear
    Last edited by allegro; 03-05-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really can't stand people who say 'X artist ripped off Y artist'. I mean maybe if they are doing the exact same thing without adding anything more or doing something different you may have a point. It's called influence. You could say NIN ripped off a heap of bands too - you could literally name any band and find comparisons to an older artist. Manson obviously was influenced by Alice Cooper among a heap of other acts. How is it possible for every band to be 100% original exactly?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I guess the silver lining with this is maybe it's a good thing Manson never OD'd yet. If he did he wouldn't be able to witness himself and his career getting completely blown the fuck out like it has the last month.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    I really can't stand people who say 'X artist ripped off Y artist'. I mean maybe if they are doing the exact same thing without adding anything more or doing something different you may have a point. It's called influence.
    In this type of instance, it's called schtick.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What I don’t understand is why so much of the credit for ‘his’ work goes to him rather than the people around him. I remember when someone on here laughably made out that MM could score a film because of Resident Evil and when you delve further you find out that it was only 15 mins of score, Tim Skold was involved AND an actual film scorer Marco Beltrami so you can guess how much involvement MM had. If you love We Are Chaos why not give more credit to Shooter Jennings where it clearly belongs. That’s probably one of the reasons for people getting booted from the band, they were getting too much credit
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-05-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Most likely why the venom towards Trent too

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    What I don’t understand is why so much of the credit for ‘his’ work goes to him rather than the people around him. I remember when someone on here laughably made out that MM could score a film because of Resident Evil and when you delve further you find out that it was only 15 mins of score, Tim Skold was involved AND an actual film scorer Marco Beltrami so you can guess how much involvement MM had. If you love We Are Chaos why not give more credit to Shooter Jennings where it clearly belongs. That’s probably one of the reasons for people getting booted from the band, they were getting too much credit
    My husband said the exact same thing this morning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Because his narcissistic ass can't handle this and his fanbase also don't care much about that. Manson hasn't even learned to play basic guitar in all of his career.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    POAF = Trent/NIN Team
    SLC = Trent/NIN Team
    ACSS = Trent/NIN Team
    MA = Twiggy/MW Gacy/John 5
    HW = Twiggy/MW Gacy/John 5
    GAOG = Skold/MW Gacy/John 5
    EMDM = Skold
    HEOL = Twiggy/Vrenna
    BV = Twiggy/Vrenna
    PE = Tyler Bates
    HUD = Tyler Bates
    WAC = Shooter Jennings

Manson is the sideman in his own band. He sings and writes lyrics, but if you have enjoyed anything from the band over the last 25 years or so, the above mentioned people are why you enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There's a thought I have about that and the fact the band is named after him instead of a group but I can't quite articulate the entire thought.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    There's a thought I have about that and the fact the band is named after him instead of a group but I can't quite articulate the entire thought.
    Alice Cooper was named for the singer and the group; even though, in the original group, Michael Bruce and Dennis Dunaway were contributing pretty equally toward songwriting; it was never Alice’s band. Alice fully admitted that. But after “Muscle of Love,” he fired all of them, for no good reason. Well, other than the power had gone to his head because they’d made the unfortunate mistake of naming him AND the band the same name, and Alice was drinking a case of Budweiser a day and had added meth to the mix.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    POAF = Trent/NIN Team
    SLC = Trent/NIN Team
    ACSS = Trent/NIN Team
    MA = Twiggy/MW Gacy/John 5
    Manson is the sideman in his own band. He sings and writes lyrics, but if you have enjoyed anything from the band over the last 25 years or so, the above mentioned people are why you enjoyed it.
    Just wanted to point out that there was no J5 on MA, it was Zum.
    Twiggy is all over ACSS as a primary songwriter and performer, so is Daisy in POAF. (Point being, TR team wouldn't make these records good without actual good songs on them)
    I'm also not sure about the extent of TR involvement in SLC even if he's credited as producer. The 'proper' songs on the record (covers and Diary) sound raw as fuck, even more garage-like than the POAF material.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Just wanted to point out that there was no J5 on MA, it was Zum.
    Twiggy is all over ACSS as a primary songwriter and performer, so is Daisy in POAF. (Point being, TR team wouldn't make these records good without actual good songs on them)
    I'm also not sure about the extent of TR involvement in SLC even if he's credited as producer. The 'proper' songs on the record (covers and Diary) sound raw as fuck, even more garage-like than the POAF material.
    Sure, Twiggy and Daisy do get tons of credits on the early records. Would Portrait sound the same w/out Daisy? Not a chance. As far as SLC, I said Trent/NIN Team, cause they are all over that record. Clouser, Vrenna, Ogilvie, Reznor, et all. ACSS has songs with Reznor co-writing and Danny, Ogilvie, Clouser are all involved. And you're totally right, how could I forget about Zim Zum?!?

All of that being said though, I don't want to derail the thread into a normal Manson thread. Dude is a piece of shit for what he is being accused of, and on the very smallest, slightest off-chance that he didn't do those things, he's still a turd of a person and not someone that should be admired on a personal level in the slightest. And for longtime fans, that kind of sucks. One of my first shows was the Dead to the World tour in '97. I'll totally keep listening to the records that have been around for ages, but I can't imagine him (or his career) coming back from this and that's a good fuckin' thing if you ask me.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I almost wish it could be a branching out thread to confront this shit that is really more prevalent in this “scene” than we’d like to admit. How many people know about Ministry’s touring guitarist Sin? I think it’s safe to presume Al knows.

just google “ministry” “sin” and read the first news clip.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rewind 5 years ago and I used to be friends with a girl who said Sin was her friend. She used to brag at how he would get her backstage to any shows she wanted. Then she flipped out on me when I said he's probably doing it so he can sleep with her.....Shockingly after she eventually slept with him, he stopped replying to her messages.....Dave Navarro does the same shit....Not to derail the Manson thread so back to the lecture @ hand....

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I actually don't think there's much lecture left to be had. I think it's time we shut this one down until there's some major movement because the drift into regular Manson thread has been pulling strongly.