Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I picture Manson locked in his mansion under a mountain of cocaine and totally paranoid the cops or some assassins are going to take him out........Like the last 20 minutes of Scarface

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Cops digging into abuse allegations"

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/18/maril...iffs-fbi-feds/

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Korn's Head on Marilyn Manson - "If it's true, I hope he can own up to it and get help"

https://www.nme.com/news/music/korn-...ations-2883664

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    "Korn's Head on Marilyn Manson - "If it's true, I hope he can own up to it and get help"
    Yeah, but to be fair, to him "getting help" probably translates to "being born again and then, at some point, jamming out with Mike Huckabee."

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post

https://www.nme.com/news/music/korn-...ations-2883664
    "there is redemption for people that do horrible things."

Yeah with justice served and a lot of distance and time but it should never be a guarantee, it has to be earned.

If he did some time behind bars, maybe spent 20-25 years reflecting on what he did, sobering up, getting psychological help and actually proved to people that he cleaned his act up.. MAYBE. Even then it might not be enough.

Not 5 years later or less and he gets a comeback tour, fuck off with that shit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

If he did some time behind bars, maybe spent 20-25 years reflecting on what he did, sobering up, getting psychological help and actually proved to people that he cleaned his act up.. MAYBE. Even then it might not be enough.
    At this point the only thing I'm expecting to happen if he gets jail time is that he will be doing more nazi tattoos and that's it. Maybe his SoA role was prophetic after all.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. has confirmed that it is officially investigating him and meeting with one of his victims. Let's get this thing rolling!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    According to Annie Abrams he fucked off to Arizona to rehab at Meadows this week. I have no idea how good her information is on that, but lord knows he needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Woah, just listened to the Dan Cleary podcast, apparently Manson has spyware and hidden cameras in his house and anybody (including famous people) who turned up he recorded and would get them to do drugs - I guess for blackmail. I was thinking about Jonny Depp actually, but everyone knows his drug use. He’s such an unlikeable person though, maybe he just blackmails people to be his friend?

Last edited by WorzelG; 02-20-2021 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    re: his streaming numbers going up. I think it's safe to assume that all this news is the first time a ton of people have even heard the name Marilyn Manson in ages, and along with all the horrific details is the side-note that his new album was actually getting some good critical response... that and morbid curiosity, since there's also tons of side notes in the news articles about how the lyrics are disturbing in context w/ the allegations. There's probably tons of people skim-streaming it who otherwise would never even think of listening to his music.

There's also probably a bunch of shocked people under 30 who have never heard of him and want to know "what kind of music did this asshole make?" In a nutshell it's probably due to controversy hype. Just like how I'm sure there's a LOT of people out there who have checked out the music Charles Manson made, and never would have done so if he wasn't a murderer.
    Ngl, his newest record got on my radar by reading some comments here lol. The last MM studio album I listened until the end was Born Villain, though I heard a few songs here and there from his later releases, but - surprise, surprise - I mostly dig his older stuff, so I did not feel much incentive to check out his newer records. But I read from many of you that his latest record was pretty okay that it actually intrigued me, so I'm going to give it a spin at work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    According to Annie Abrams he fucked off to Arizona to rehab at Meadows this week. I have no idea how good her information is on that, but lord knows he needs it.

I take the things she posts with a grain of salt. She posts about 4 times a day about it so I question her motives - I don't think she's helping her case with her posts. Some of the stuff she posts is pretty crazy - I worry for her mental health.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Not 5 years later or less and he gets a comeback tour, fuck off with that shit.
    As stated several times here by me, I didn't like the music but I understood the appeal. Large swaths of my peers took the idea of widening the generation gap to it's extreme. What started with Elvis' hips, the Beatles referencing acid, the entire existence of rap music, to a guy using Nazi and serial killer iconography with a voice like a squeaky door. It perhaps wasn't unwarranted for them to use such a figure to throw back the prejudices of WASP-y boomer parents, but in the name of a guy who would eventually be found out to abuse his celebrity like this, maybe makes Generation X (and elder millenials) no worse for it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Woah, just listened to the Dan Cleary podcast, apparently Manson has spyware and hidden cameras in his house and anybody (including famous people) who turned up he recorded and would get them to do drugs - I guess for blackmail. I was thinking about Jonny Depp actually, but everyone knows his drug use. He’s such an unlikeable person though, maybe he just blackmails people to be his friend?

Good find.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    This is even more pathetic. Corey putting on a show in front of 15 *confused* people in the stands at a college baseball game

We may need a Corey Feldman thread
    I know this is drift, but, holy fuck. That is insanely painful to watch.

Why isn't he like, getting paid to sign autographs and take pictures with fans of his old movies? That's what he SHOULD be doing.
    Poor bastard.
    That being said, I'd like to try whatever drug he's on that makes you think you're Michael Jackson and not care that the whole world is laughing at you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Been away from the forum for a while. Just wanted to Say fuck Marilyn Manson. He isn’t a man. He is a Coward. A real man doesn’t treat anyone like what’s being reported. It takes nothing to be a huge sack of shit. He isn’t cool. He isn’t being an artist. Being under the influence is no excuse. Hopefully he gets his karma x’s a million.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    Been away from the forum for a while. Just wanted to Say fuck Marilyn Manson. He isn’t a man. He is a Coward. A real man doesn’t treat anyone like what’s being reported. It takes nothing to be a huge sack of shit. He isn’t cool. He isn’t being an artist. Being under the influence is no excuse. Hopefully he gets his karma x’s a million.
    Agree a million percent. Especially looking at those fucking pencil neck pictures of him when he was younger. Fucking tool.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I would even go as far to say that the sum total of what he's done is worse than the crimes of Harvey Weinstein himself, not that quantifying this stuff is in anyway meaningful but some of it is near-homicidal behavior.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Yeah, drawing equivalencies with this sort of thing isn't generally very helpful, because eventually we'll all be conceding that "well, he's not Jeffrey Dahmer." But yeah, there's something specifically cruel, demented, and malicious about this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    No comparison springs to mind - some of the stuff Bianco describes about it being chilly and dark inside his house, and needing flashlights to get around. It's eerie.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    No comparison springs to mind - some of the stuff Bianco describes about it being chilly and dark inside his house, and needing flashlights to get around. It's eerie.
    Intentionally eerie. I've enjoyed a lot of his music over the years, but I've always thought he was a "try-hard" when it comes to being "scary" and dark/creepy. It worked for a while (up until 2000 or so?), but after that, he's just come off as pretentious to me. He's basically a professional edgelord.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    and OH SO SPOOOOOOOOOKY!!!!!

This all reminds me of this hilarious Onion article from 20 years ago... Twenty years ago... Jesus.

https://entertainment.theonion.com/m...k-p-1819565904

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It worked for a while (up until 2000 or so?)
    If Columbine and his supposed influence on the killers was the moment the media's light shone hardest on him, 9/11 killed it off. That was such a cataclysmic event, it shaped pop culture. Nu metal died in the charts, as a good chunk of their audience would soon be sent off to the Middle East. The Christian conservatives who attacked him had a new, shiny toy to play with in Islam.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Agree a million percent. Especially looking at those fucking pencil neck pictures of him when he was younger. Fucking tool.
    Lol, yeah he sure grew up to be a “rock star.”

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Yeah but the thing is guys, he has actually turned out to be a monster... I think it's time to stop writing things off as affectation and start asking questions about what kind of creature he is

And holy crap, have you read the stuff about Dita and her bf?
    This is wild
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-25-2021 at 04:06 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    People who regret getting MM tattoos now

https://www.vice.com/en/article/93wj...H8fBGqa0rX4zIg

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    And holy crap, have you read the stuff about Dita and her bf?
    This is wild
    What's going on?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Do we wanna know?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    People who regret getting MM tattoos now

https://www.vice.com/en/article/93wj...H8fBGqa0rX4zIg
    Well, to be fair, if you didn't already come to regret having Marilyn Manson's face tattooed on your body, staring at you every time you look at yourself, I guess it's gonna take something like this to explain that it was a bad idea.

Though for the people who might have gotten some cryptic symbol from the artwork or something, and are now saying "man, this sucks," I can feel a little bad for.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    When I was 18-19 years old, I alllllmost got a small set of tattoos for ACS/MA/HW. I just wanted the shock/omega/mercury symbols. But I could never figure out exactly where I wanted them, so I never went through with it.

Thankfully.

I would have felt bad enough about those, but they also would have been small and FAR easier to cover. But a whole face? I have no idea what you would even do with that. I don’t have enough tattoos to know how easy that would be to cover.

I personally don’t have any inclination to get tattoos of faces, it’s just not my thing, but I do sort of feel bad for those that did.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, to be fair, if you didn't already come to regret having Marilyn Manson's face tattooed on your body, staring at you every time you look at yourself, I guess it's gonna take something like this to explain that it was a bad idea.

Though for the people who might have gotten some cryptic symbol from the artwork or something, and are now saying "man, this sucks," I can feel a little bad for.
    I dunno. If it's just a cryptic symbol, most people who see it aren't going to understand what it's a reference to, and if someone asks, you can just make something up, or not answer.

Then again, my (now ex) wife and I had matching symbols tattooed on. I could have done the same, but opted to have it removed instead. Side note, tattoo removal is far more painful than having it put on.