Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I know that for myself I was in Junior High when that book came out. A lot of us were still kids when we first read it. At the time, I didn't believe most of it was true (and still believe that a lot of it is bullshit). But even the parts I did believe were true, I didn't really have the maturity to understand what sort of story it was telling about Manson other than "OMG, what a crazy rock star."

By the time I had become an adult I had mostly lost interest in Manson as a figure/person even though I still loved the older music and some of his newer releases. I totally forgot about the details of the book until I re-read it again recently amid these allegations brewing.

THIS is a great point.

And, I actually welcome it, because I was afraid MY point was a little uppity.

That book came out right before I turned 18, and I was probably closer to 19 before I read it. I think those few years I had on some of you caused it to worry me a little more.

Also, you're totally right that society was going at him for the WRONG SHIT, like his clothes, or association with LaVey. It was a different time, though. Hell, I just rewatched Brittany Spears' Star Search performance. And Ed McMahon, after she sang, said "do you have a boyfriend?" And she said no, and he said something like "what about ME? Can I be your boyfriend?"
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-14-2021 at 02:02 AM.