Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    The only thing I can put it down to were Rose and Dita were a similar age to Manson. It was after Dita he pursued ERW, and a long line of women he was trying to make Dita. Power, control, utter lack of respect for his juniors.
    This is likely a factor. Another one might be that given Dita's statement (that they broke up in part due to infidelity), he was probably getting his abusive "needs" fulfilled elsewhere. When she left, he got lazy and brought them home.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    As far as the 2000 gig and Starfuckers Inc. - Perhaps he was roped into it because of management and his label?
    Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think the video and show were actually trolling the abusive shitforbrains. "Hey, yeah, come on over, it'll be fun... I'll be smashing your face ironically... see, here's mine too."

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think its been well documented by now that spring/summer 2000 were rock bottom for Trent as far as his addiction goes.....He was probably barely coherent for any of the reunion stuff that happened between him and Manson

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the twitter person is still trying to push that reznor is an abuser and i’m trying to not lose my mind on them. some where in the replies someone says “he told on himself with pretty hate machine”. what?

https://twitter.com/sadydoyle/status...752069121?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    the twitter person is still trying to push that reznor is an abuser and i’m trying to not lose my mind on them. some where in the replies someone says “he told on himself with pretty hate machine”. what?

Yeah, probably was that line from That's What I Get:

How can you turn me into this?
    After you just taught me how to kiss you
    I told you I'd never say goodbye
    Now I'm slipping on the tears you made me cry

/s

I'm gonna see how long is gonna get until 'Big Man With a Gun' enters the room.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

In the land of the blue checks fuck = rape. Clearly. Sex with groupies 100% means rape. All the time.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    the twitter person is still trying to push that reznor is an abuser
    Common legal tactic, redirecting the focus of the narrative.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    I'm gonna see how long is gonna get until 'Big Man With a Gun' enters the room.
    ...and there are still a whole bunch of people who are of the opinion that 'Closer' is about rape.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Honestly I think we need to stop giving this individual so much attention. Their arms are more than likely sore from having to reach so hard with that post.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

That Sady Doyle has a weird relationship with Trent, he was the one who wrote that article about We’re in this Together being the last great love song. But I remember checking out his earlier tweets which are incredibly negative on him, kind of holding him responsible for breaking Tori Amos’ heart, kind of love-hate-love! I’d search them out only I can’t really bear to read any more of this shit. Also if he’s trying to accuse him of being culpable too, why bring up an article where he says Manson fucks groupies? He’s not talking about himself
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-06-2021 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Misgendering

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Sexual Asshatery in the News

I’ll say the same thing I said in the Reddit thread about this -
    It was reasonable for her to ask about the first accusation.
    It was reasonable for Trent to respond.
    Now that’s been done, and it’s no longer a reasonable discussion.

So the fact that she is still bringing this up just tells me she wants to be pissed off at Trent for whatever reason. There’s nothing shocking, illegal or even news worthy about a rock star wanting to have sex with groupies and even being sort of gross about it. Especially one who has since grown up and doesn’t behave that way anymore.

There’s an argument to be had for the larger way that every man in music tends to contribute to rape culture, but that’s not the conversation she’s having on Twitter. It’s just her deciding to dig her heels in about Trent specifically.

I’m sure Trent has a very capable PR person advising him, so maybe I’m wrong on this. But in my opinion fans need to not interact with her further on this subject.

Even defending him will only encourage her and fan the flames. I feel like it would be harmful to Trent, and we have every reason to believe the best about him at this point.

I get wanting to argue with her, but if you feel the need to defend Trent, the best defense is to let this go for now.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 02-04-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Tori Amos’
    Oh, God, those people.

Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    let this go
    FUCK YES. I was on a board with these women, they’re not living in a real world, they live in fantasy fiction, they’re groupies, themselves, angry and delusional ones, and nothing changes their minds, they look for all opportunities to be evil.

RUN AWAY. Do not engage with her or the others, do not link it here and attract them. Nothing will come from her baseless connect-the-dots.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-04-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That Sady Doyle has a weird relationship with Trent, she was the one who wrote that article about We’re in this Together being the last great love song. But I remember checking out her earlier tweets which are incredibly negative on him, kind of holding him responsible for breaking Tori Amos’ heart, kind of love-hate-love! I’d search them out only I can’t really bear to read any more of this shit
    If i'd to hazard a guess i'd say she's saying what's getting her the most clicks. That's all what soical media is now, getting those likes, and she sees an opportunity. As far as i'm concerned, if there's no victim coming forward, or someone actually verifying the claim in the book, then i'm ignoring it. It's just muddying the water for what an actual abuser has done and continues to do!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i agree with all of you. but it’s the intentional misrepresentation by a checkmark person that bothers me and prompted me to respond. one girl told me there are “rumors” about reznor. she couldn’t point me to one tho.

doyle hasn’t responded to any of my tweets so they can fuck off. it’s definitely about clicks.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    There are always rumors, they’re rock stars.

Jimmy Page allegedly had a suitcase full of whips?

Led Zeppelin Mud Shark?

Ozzy snorted a line of ants?

(Edit: ok, a few of these may actually be true)
    Last edited by allegro; 02-04-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Yo I didn't take Phoebe Bridgers as a MM fan. Then again she fits the "blonde girl who looks (and probably is) 16" preference.

https://twitter.com/phoebe_bridgers/status/1357370603079098374?s=20

"TW: I went to Marilyn Manson’s house when I was a teenager with some friends. I was a big fan. He referred to a room in his house as the “r*pe room”, I thought it was just his horrible frat boy sense of humor. I stopped being a fan. I stand with everyone who came forward."

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Yo I didn't take Phoebe Bridgers as a MM fan. Then again she fits the "blonde girl who looks (and probably is) 16" preference.

https://twitter.com/phoebe_bridgers/status/1357370603079098374?s=20
    Phoebe is a huge production nerd and adores NIN so I’m not surprised she likes MM too.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    There is this article from today in The Guardian where Trent is quoted. Excerpt from the link is below. I am trying to figure out where this quote is actually coming from because there seems to be no source mentioned. The way it is written in the article it seems to come from Trent in the last day or two, but I can't be sure. If this has already been posted my apologies, I looked and didn't see anything.

In the wake of the allegations, a passage from Manson’s 1998 autobiography The Long Hard Road Out of Hell began circulating online, in which Manson claims that he and Reznor sexually assaulted a heavily intoxicated woman. Reznor has responded, saying:

"I have been vocal over the years about my dislike of Manson as a person and cut ties with him nearly 25 years ago. As I said at the time, the passage from Manson’s memoir is a complete fabrication. I was infuriated and offended back when it came out and remain so today.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    There is this article from today in The Guardian where Trent is quoted. Excerpt from the link is below. I am trying to figure out where this quote is actually coming from because there seems to be no source mentioned. The way it is written in the article it seems to come from Trent in the last day or two, but I can't be sure. If this has already been posted my apologies, I looked and didn't see anything.
    Take a look a bit earlier in this thread. It was provided directly to Pitchfork yesterday, and appeared there first.
    Last edited by botley; 02-05-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My girlfriend reads some Gossip Blog called Oh No They Didn't and showed me all of these massively ill-informed commenters who clearly don't really have any fundamental knowledge of NIN other than they were a rock band in the 90s talking mad shit on Trent. It's crazy. There seem to be a couple of people in there that are like "no you can trust Trent when he says he hates Manson and that that shit didn't actually happen", buts it's all followed by "HE'S A SHORT ANGRY WHITE MAN AND I BELIEVE TRENT IS FUCKED UP".

Like goooooooddammit. I'm not trying to involve myself in an exhausting argument about Cancel Culture but like... FIRST, this shit is about Manson. Why on earth are we trying to make this about Trent Reznor now. SECONDLY, there are definitely people who deserve a culture cancel, and Manson is one of them, and has been needing it for a while (regardless of musical output). But when people start salivating to "expose" or cancel other people just for simply being in someone's orbit, that's when the whole thing gets blurry and sloppy for me. We all know and believe Trent's statement to be true, because we all KNOW the band and it's history. But everyone else online seemingly clamoring at yet another celebrity to cancel, it just comes across as so misguided and cringeworthy to me. It literally takes all of 30 seconds to look online and see how many instances there are not only of Trent stating Manson was a terrible person yada yada yada, but of the actual legitimacy of Manson's book. And I'm even pretty sure Strauss has come out and flat out said "yeah most of it is embellished or made up". It's just dumb to me. Like, you can really tell who out there is genuine about standing up for victims and holding these celebrities/musicians accountable, vs. the people who are just out to hop on a band wagon for social clout.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Cancel Culture isn't a thing, it's a stupid saying. I'll choose to not buy shit made by someone or involving someone if I don't like them. I had to deal with Gillian Anderson as a Blockbuster employee, and after that experience, I never watched an episode of X-files or ever wanted to deal with her stuff again, because she's a repulsive awful person and I have choices in my life. So yeah, I guess I "cancelled" her or whatever, but that's an option we all have.

Where was all this "cancel culture" outrage when The Dixie Chicks got boycotted for saying they didn't like Bush?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I guess I... can't find a single fuck to give about what the comments on a celebrity gossip blog say? If they wanna vent by trashing our favourite rock star for associating with someone 20+ years ago who turns out to perhaps be a serial rapist, more power to them. The descriptions of what the women are alleging Warner did to them are absolutely enraging and so... maybe the rage is flying indiscriminately.

That said, rape culture is at play here too: TR has associated with some unsavoury people in his time, and Manson is likely the worst of all, but if there's truth to some of the stories about what was going on during those days (not necessarily the specifics given in Manson's book, but other sordid backstage behaviour possibly on the borderline), it's not like people today are going to put that into the 'boys will be boys' context anymore... AND FRANKLY, THAT'S GREAT. It should be scrutinized. That's all the critic on Twitter is getting at from what I can see, it's not like they have a hate on for only TR in particular, just his part of the toxic edifice.

TR knew what might have been happening when it came to Warner and other people around him all those years ago; he wasn't drunk 24/7 even in those days... he had to have considered maybe there was a price to pay somewhere down the road for pulling this pencil-necked nerd out of Florida and letting him loose on the world. If that means people are angry at him for whatever part he played enabling bad things, then he's gotta wear that.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

more power to them? sorry i don’t follow. the twitter person is accusing reznor of being the same abuser/rapist as manson. their sources are mid 90s manson and mid 90s courtney love. it’s fucking dumb.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I had to deal with Gillian Anderson as a Blockbuster employee, and after that experience, I never watched an episode of X-files or ever wanted to deal with her stuff again, because she's a repulsive awful person and I have choices in my life.
    lol huh..?

Curious to hear what your experience entailed. I've met her on numerous occasions -- at charity events for animal rights, women's rights, children's rights -- and she was one of the nicest, most down-to-earth public figures I've probably ever met in my life. Right up there with Duchovny, who is also super chill..

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Cancel Culture isn't a thing, it's a stupid saying. I'll choose to not buy shit made by someone or involving someone if I don't like them. I had to deal with Gillian Anderson as a Blockbuster employee, and after that experience, I never watched an episode of X-files or ever wanted to deal with her stuff again, because she's a repulsive awful person and I have choices in my life. So yeah, I guess I "cancelled" her or whatever, but that's an option we all have.

Where was all this "cancel culture" outrage when The Dixie Chicks got boycotted for saying they didn't like Bush?
    Dude it's definitely a thing, whether you see it or not. There's this tattoo artist that I used to work with at a different job, and when JK Rowling had the Trans-Comments scandal, literally WITHIN AN HOUR of that news breaking, she was offering people free cover ups for Harry Potter tattoos, and there were quite a few who took her up on that offer. The shit is stupid as fuck, but there IS a cancel culture out there. People pick and choose what they want to like and when they don't like something, sadly, nowadays people seem to look for that instant justification for them not liking said thing. At least that what it seems like to me.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    more power to them? sorry i don’t follow. the twitter person is accusing reznor of being the same abuser/rapist as manson. their sources are mid 90s manson and mid 90s courtney love. it’s fucking dumb.
    Doyle wrote that they want Reznor to be held accountable for his part in enabling Manson, whatever it may be. That part I agree with. I don't think enablers should face anything like consequences as bad as abusers should, but they both need accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    There's this tattoo artist that I used to work with at a different job, and when JK Rowling had the Trans-Comments scandal, literally WITHIN AN HOUR of that news breaking, she was offering people free cover ups for Harry Potter tattoos, and there were quite a few who took her up on that offer. The shit is stupid as fuck, but there IS a cancel culture out there. People pick and choose what they want to like and when they don't like something, sadly, nowadays people seem to look for that instant justification for them not liking said thing. At least that what it seems like to me.
    Or maybe transphobic comments are genuinely abhorrent and people wanted not to have a permanent fucking reminder of that on themselves. Is this so hard to understand?
    Last edited by botley; 02-04-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Doyle wrote that they want Reznor to be held accountable for his part in enabling Manson, whatever it may be. That part I agree with.
    enabling manson how? he parted ways with him a long time ago, citing how fucked up he is. it affected manson’s musical career for sure. what else should reznor have done? how would you hold reznor accountable? why is manson abusing ERW and others over the last 10 years reznor’s fault? is anyone mad at american gods? they hired him last year. are they accountable?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    enabling manson how? he parted ways with him a long time ago, citing how fucked up he is. it affected manson’s musical career for sure. what else should reznor have done? how would you hold reznor accountable? why is manson abusing ERW and others over the last 10 years reznor’s fault? is anyone mad at american gods? they hired him last year. are they accountable?

time travel.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    enabling manson how? he parted ways with him a long time ago, citing how fucked up he is. it affected manson’s musical career for sure. what else should reznor have done? how would you hold reznor accountable?
    He didn't boot him off Nothing. He kept cashing the checks for their collaborations. Then he hired him to direct "Starfuckers". He brought him back out on his stage in 2000, and included it on his DVD. All of that was less than 25 years ago.

why is manson abusing ERW and others over the last 10 years reznor’s fault?
    Please don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say it was his fault. He made a bad choice to work with Warner, and an even worse choice giving him the high profile he did in the misguided cause of rebellion, but that's not a direct line to "at fault for crimes".

is anyone mad at american gods? they hired him last year. are they accountable?
    Good questions.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Or maybe transphobic comments are genuinely abhorrent and people wanted not to have a permanent fucking reminder of that on themselves. Is this so hard to understand?
    I guess I just don't understand how the shitty things the lady who wrote those books instantly cancels out everything you've ever felt about the series. Cool the lady who wrote it sucks, but having the fucking Deathly Hollows symbol on your arm isn't going to say "I support transphobia". Like, I get not wanting a Manson tattoo or wanting to cover that up now, but there is a pretty big different between JK Rowling just spouting some massively misinformed transphobic shit and Manson physically torturing people. Not that anyone is actually comparing it, but I guess my point is those same people on my facebook who were so quick to cover up a Harry Potter tattoo haven't said shit other than "well duh Manson was a shithead" and posting memes about him. Not one single "Yo, I'll cover up your Manson tattoos for free" post.

So... is that people not wanting to have a permanent reminder, or, again, people just picking and choosing what they want to be outraged about.