Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Light Burns

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Well, they got a new Facebook cover photo. Link to full size (1500x1000).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Looks like the live shows are gonna be worth the money.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    hey, nice tits

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    The brunette appears in some of his paintings. Is that his wife?

#gossip hound

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I really like how much they're using Facebook this time around. For all I know, it's on Twitter, too, but I haven't gotten around to using that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Light Burns
    We weren't originally planning on playing The Girl In Black or The Colour Escapes on this tour, but we've heard you loud and clear.... and now we are.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I didn't like the new album all that much on the first listen but now that I've gotten through it 3 or 4 times I'm really liking it. It's a lot different than Cruel Melody but still awesome.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Is the booklet worth having/has some nice WB paintings in it? Or do I just get the dl?
    So I guess nobody here bought a physical copy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I bought a physical copy, haven't looked at the booklet though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i bought the physical, did not receive any booklet just credits on the digipak

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I bought the vinyl, and I'm pretty sure the artwork and credits are all the same as the digipak. No additional pages or anything.

Edit: V Nice, I didn't realized he'd posted them all. I just saw "How To Look Naked" and assumed he'd do it one song at a time or something. Copied and saved! Thanks!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-21-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    So I guess nobody here bought a physical copy.
    I did. No booklet, just a digipak with credits and artwork as previously mentioned. Wes posted all the lyrics on Facebook, though.

Edit: I can't copy and paste the lyrics Wes posted, so here's a link to the update he posted: https://www.facebook.com/BlackLightB...49484185132640
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 08-21-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice the thank you to Trent in the credits. Thought that was pretty cool. Especially after reading "All vocals and instruments by Wes Borland" which reminded me of "Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Anyone else notice the thank you to Trent in the credits. Thought that was pretty cool. Especially after reading "All vocals and instruments by Wes Borland" which reminded me of "Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor".
    I'm pretty sure he thanked him in the Cruel Melody​ credits, too.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    so if there is no digital booklet is anyone able to post a high resolution image/scan of that one blueish picture with Wes and the squid in his mouth thing?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    I'm pretty sure he thanked him in the Cruel Melody​ credits, too.
    Yup! Looks like he was. As is Jon Bates from Mellowdrone/Big Black Delta. I wasn't expecting that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Yup! Looks like he was. As is Jon Bates from Mellowdrone/Big Black Delta. I wasn't expecting that.
    I remember way back when he abandoned Eat the Day and started making what I think eventually became Cruel Melody, he said Jonathan Bates would be involved in the project. Jon talked about it once and compared the music to PJ Harvey and Motown.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ml?no_takeover

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Looks like they're pulling out all their old tour merch and getting rid of it on this tour, like Cover Your Heart and Order of the Black Light, PLUS all their new crap.

Jesus, I need to get a job.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I really hope some promoter is trying to get BLB over here. This just needs to happen as I'm sure this will be a wild show although the album has worn off a bit for me.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Looks like they've launched a remix contest for "Scream Hallelujah." I'm gonna try it! I've never done a remix before. Or really anything on a computer. So it'll be fun.

http://www.indabamusic.com/opportuni...portunity=true

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, looks like the band will be posting their first Euro gigs this week... curious on where they will go and hopefully somewhere near.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED TO ME?? I cant wait for the show Wednesday!!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED TO ME?? I cant wait for the show Wednesday!!!
    Seriously, holy shit! Is it just me, or was that fucking awesome?!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Christ that video is awesome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    wow that is really really good.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    first time listening to this band. musically, song is pretty dope. Video didn't make any sense, but was awesome visually. i kept wanting to see what was gonna come next. also, tits. lots of big tits. Wes knows his audience i guess.
    f
    Now, dude can't sing. really disliked his voice, and the lack of reverb on it made it even flatter to me. I felt like he was ripping off 90's Trent pretty hard at times with his stage presence.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Now, dude can't sing. really disliked his voice, and the lack of reverb on it made it even flatter to me.
    I think you should listen a few more songs, at least. I won't deny that his voice is his kinda iffy sometimes, but he takes on more than one singing style at different times. So while you may not dig his voice in this song, that doesn't necessarily mean you won't like it in any of the songs.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I could have done without the rather stupid prologue, but I can see where it fits into the greater schemes of the whole video. Still I expected a little bit more rather than quick shots of surreal imagery. "how to look naked" being one of my least favorite tracks of the album doesn't help either. I liked chapter 1 alot better. the end was typical Borland humor, though. Gotta love that!

As shitty as the record ultimately was, Manson's "overneath the path of misery" remains my favorite surreal video of the last few years.

Anway, it's great to see that Wes' got so much creativity in him so the upcoming shows should be nothing short of amazing! Personally I can't wait for the Euro announcement! He's definitely on fire right now!

EDIT: it gets better with repeated viewings. I still don't get the prologue, but I really like the performance part of the song. very wish-like.
    Last edited by dlb; 09-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    that was so fucking awesome!

first, i love wes' mustache and general look right now. the whole button-up shirt/vest thing really does it for me (that's how i try to dress most days when i'm not working).
    second, his vocals (if you're a fan) were great. the verses reminded me of nick cave, a bit, which was awesome.
    third, that video was insane. i couldn't stop laughing during the doctor's office scene, and everything but the tentacle sucking (which was a little gross) had my jaw opening wider and wider.

i really need to get the new album...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i really need to get the new album...
    yes you do. it's epic.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ok, i grabbed it today and listened to it on the train. overall, it was fantastic. i loved almost all of the songs (and still quite liked the ones i didn't love) and i thought it was extremely cohesive.

however, the dynamics were completely non-existent. this was mastered (and possibly even partially mixed) terribly. it sounded like it was pinned the whole time, with absolutely no headroom, and it made it hard to want to rock out during the parts that i felt should have been louder. i would think that wes would be the kind of person who would insist on good dynamics in his music (cruel melody definitely did not have the same problem).

other than that, i'm very happy with the album.