Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A BOWIE Celebration - Concert Stream $25 - Jan. 8

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    Calling it. Trent and Atticus recreate Bowie and Jagger Dancin’ in the Street.
    Shut up and take my money.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    he's gotta bring this back, right?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Ricky Gervais has just been added to the line-up. I know he was a huge fan, but is he going to sing...?
    He did sing in a new wave band in the 80s, so it's not that strange.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Trent shares some thoughts on Bowie in a new CoS interview.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 01-06-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    As far as what song(s) they play on Friday night, I'm still hoping to see one of the following:
    • Life on Mars?
    • I Can't Give Everything Away (Farewell Mix)
    • I'm Afraid of Americans (v1)
    • The Heart's Filthy Lesson (Alt. Mix)
    • I'm Deranged

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Ricky Gervais has just been added to the line-up. I know he was a huge fan, but is he going to sing...? Looking forward to hearing Duran Duran's cover of Five Years released on Friday....no, seriously....!

https://people.com/music/boy-george-...oncert-lineup/
    Hopefully sings this with a hologram next to him!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    As far as what song(s) they play on Friday night, I'm still hoping to see one of the following:
    • Life on Mars?
    • I Can't Give Everything Away (Farewell Mix)
    • I'm Afraid of Americans (v1)
    • The Heart's Filthy Lesson (Alt. Mix)
    • I'm Deranged
    I would love to not hear either of the songs NIN has covered in the past.; it'd be great to hear something brand new. MQ singing Life On Mars and Trent singing something from the Outside or Berlin eras would be cool.

Either way, I'm super looking forward to this whole event. The fact that Trent & co. are involved is icing on the cake!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I would love to not hear either of the songs NIN has covered in the past.; it'd be great to hear something brand new. MQ singing Life On Mars and Trent singing something from the Outside or Berlin eras would be cool.

Either way, I'm super looking forward to this whole event. The fact that Trent & co. are involved is icing on the cake!
    Yeah, that's a good point. I guess we've seen "I Can't Give Everything Away" and "I'm Afraid of Americans" enough by now. I stand by the other three, though. I'd like to see them play "The Heart's Filthy Lesson" or "I'm Deranged" live. And I'd love to see them do a live version of their goose bump-inducing take on "Live on Mars?" (either an instrumental as it appeared on the Watchmen score, or with Mariqueen vocals). I'd also be really interested to see what they could do with "Bring Me the Disco King."

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's a good point. I guess we've seen "I Can't Give Everything Away" and "I'm Afraid of Americans" enough by now. I stand by the other three, though. I'd like to see them play "The Heart's Filthy Lesson" or "I'm Deranged" live. And I'd love to see them do a live version of their goose bump-inducing take on "Live on Mars?" (either an instrumental as it appeared on the Watchmen score, or with Mariqueen vocals). I'd also be really interested to see what they could do with "Bring Me the Disco King."
    Totally agree. Something from Outside would be a dream come true. I'm just not getting my hopes up for it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    LOL @ "William" Corgan...
    I mean, if he wants to revert to his real name that's on him. He's been going by it for 2 solo albums now. I think he hates the reputatiion he's built and wants a soft reboot or something

That said, knowing how much he champions unloved/lesser known works, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him do something like Zeroes (lol) off Never Let Me Down.

+1 for TR/AR/Mariqueen doing The Laughing Gnome. As is tradition.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I'd also be really interested to see what they could do with "Bring Me the Disco King."
    Oh wow, that would be amazing!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I wanna see NIN cover Little Wonder with Mike Garson on piano.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    My personal dream would be Heathen (The Rays)... imagine the “...I can feel it die” in Trent’s voice.

Especially giving the subject matter of the song:

2002 interview about the song Heathen (paraphrased):

Words were literally tumbling out. Words started appearing out of nowhere and I just couldn't control them. And I realized what it was that it was about, and I was in tears by the end of the thing. A man confronting the realization that life is a finite thing and that he can already feel it, life itself, actually going from him, ebbing out of him, the weakening of age. And I didn't want to write that, you know, I didn't want to know that I do feel that. Who does? It's not the age itself. It's the lack of years left that weighs far heavier on me than the age that I am. It's having to let go of it all. There's such a cloud of melancholia about knowing I'm going to have to leave my daughter on her own. It just doubles me up in kind of grief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NEW BLOG POST

[WHAT A FANTASTIC DEATH ABYSS!] David Bowie, Nine Inch Nails and the Great Beyond - IN REMEMBRANCE OF DAVID BOWIE ON HIS BIRTHDAY – 8/1/1947 - 10/1/2016 - an examination of NIN, Trent Reznor, The Downward Spiral and 1. Outside
    #bowie#nineinchnails

https://adamsteiner.uk/2021/01/08/what-a-fantastic-death-abyss-david-bowie-nine-inch-nails-and-the-great-beyond/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i just won a login for today's livestream, so will be tuning in as it happens, or shortly thereafter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, is the concert actually taking place tonight, in one theatre (which one, I wonder?) or has it been pre-filmed and it's just being shown tonight?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3po1nt0 View Post
    i just won a login for today's livestream, so will be tuning in as it happens, or shortly thereafter
    How does one go about winning a login?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, is the concert actually taking place tonight, in one theatre (which one, I wonder?) or has it been pre-filmed and it's just being shown tonight?
    Guessing a mix of both? Maybe Bowie’s band live, some contributors live but most pre-recorded and played back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    How does one go about winning a login?
    the various social accounts were giving away codes all week long. i won the very last one: https://twitter.com/rollinglivepro/s...04510647013377

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Place your bets! I’m Afraid Of Americans and I Can’t Give Everything Away (Farewell Mix) or two totally new covers?
    He said they weren't going to play ICGEA anymore. Certainly an excuse here, but I'd much rather hear a new take on something else. The catalog is just too damn good for this to be just a roll out of all the covers people have done over the years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pretty excited for this! Can't believe I purchased the ticket back in October! Will have to watch within the first 24 hours, gotta watch the Bucks at 7!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I'll be signing off social media at 8 just to make sure it doesn't get spoiled for me.
    I'm really excited to watch the entire thing, I'm hoping that it will be a live-ish stream instead of the RnR HOF ceremony that was uploaded all at once. I couldn't help myself there and immediately fast forwarded to the NIN part, and I'm hoping to have more of a "live" experience this time. The fact that I love pretty much everything Bowie did helps!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    T-minus 2 hrs til this thing kicks off and I still haven't decided if I want to buy a ticket or not...I love Bowie and all, and there are some fantastic musicians on this bill, but $31.50 Canadian seems kind of steep for a live stream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I'll be signing off social media at 8 just to make sure it doesn't get spoiled for me.
    I'm really excited to watch the entire thing, I'm hoping that it will be a live-ish stream instead of the RnR HOF ceremony that was uploaded all at once. I couldn't help myself there and immediately fast forwarded to the NIN part, and I'm hoping to have more of a "live" experience this time. The fact that I love pretty much everything Bowie did helps!
    my guess is it will have a straight run through for first 3 hours then you can watch it on demand and skip ahead to any point. just a guess

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anyone else having a hell of a time getting on? This is the hardest thing to connect to. I paid and then signed up through HYFI and they said they would send an email when it is available but it started almost two hours ago. WHat's the deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Anyone else having a hell of a time getting on? This is the hardest thing to connect to. I paid and then signed up through HYFI and they said they would send an email when it is available but it started almost two hours ago. WHat's the deal?
    it hasn't started yet. 6 pm pacific USA start time

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    AHa! I missed that PAC time. Thanks!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So any bets on what they are going to play?

My guess would be I'm Afraid of Americans, I Can't Give Everything Away, and Subterraneans.

BUT... it would be cool to hear something new. I could imagine them doing really good renditions of....
    Station to Station
    Strangers When We Meet
    Lazarus

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    So any bets on what they are going to play?

My guess would be I'm Afraid of Americans, I Can't Give Everything Away, and Subterraneans.

BUT... it would be cool to hear something new. I could imagine them doing really good renditions of....
    Station to Station
    Strangers When We Meet
    Lazarus
    Something unexpected. I’d say Young Americans with MQ on backing, and then something maybe instrumental off Low or Heroes with Atticus. Doubt it will be something we’ve heard before - but then again IAOA makes a hell of a lot of sense rn!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    Something unexpected. I’d say Young Americans with MQ on backing, and then something maybe instrumental off Low or Heroes with Atticus. Doubt it will be something we’ve heard before - but then again IAOA makes a hell of a lot of sense rn!
    That would be awesome! Hey are you able to get on there? I haven't been sent anything yet that seems like a link, i am in HYFI and I'm not in any kind of waiting room, not seeing anything that gives me any indication that I will be able to get my $30 worth here ten minutes from now. You?