Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Always glad to see nin on a best of list, but PHM was an odd choice for an industrial list when you have broken and TDS as other options.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but i revisit psalm 69 probably the least, out of everything from with sympathy to animositisomina.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Edit: That's an unfortunate crop.

Edit 2: Here is the associated article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...2021-interview
    Last edited by cdm; 10-21-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Reminds me I have to buy a new leather jacket

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Reminds me I have to buy a new leather jacket
    I do too, funnily enough. It’s been on my to do list since lockdown in June.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Is TR wearing fuzzy shoes? Also, it'd be cool if the leather frill was magnetic tape a-la-HLAH.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    In the interview Halsey says that a label person told her they were label mates but NIN are definitely not on Capitols artist roster, wonder if they have a special arrangement or something

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    In the interview Halsey says that a label person told her they were label mates but NIN are definitely not on Capitols artist roster, wonder if they have a special arrangement or something
    Capitol Records distributed Add Violence and Bad Witch, perhaps they just had TR's number in the rolodex.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the link also has video of the interview with all three of them. it’s a good watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Is TR wearing fuzzy shoes? Also, it'd be cool if the leather frill was magnetic tape a-la-HLAH.
    https://www.rickowens.eu/en/US/men/p...02a3840bd-9999 found by way of: https://www.billboard.com/photos/964...llboard-cover/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    “Make it crazier.”

As much as I really love this album, there is virtually NOTHING that strikes me as "crazy". Again, I'd never heard a Halsey song and I get that "crazy" to a NIN fan and a mainstream pop fan are two DRASTICALLY different things, but I've gone back and listened to some of their earlier stuff and STILL don't think there is anything too crazy on here.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    we don’t know what they started with. it might be “crazier” than the earlier versions. i personally think the terminology is subjective and for me, there are numerous insane moments on the record.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I would guess maybe it’s the last chorus in “Easier Than Lying.” Business definitely picks up towards the end of that song. Again, just guessing here.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Josh Freese did a podcast with Dean Del Ray: https://soundcloud.com/deandelray/61...freese-drummer

NIN conversation starts at 1 hour and 4 minutes in.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    So cute:

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Josh Freese did a podcast with Dean Del Ray: https://soundcloud.com/deandelray/61...freese-drummer

NIN conversation starts at 1 hour and 4 minutes in.
    Never heard of this guy but damn i was scrolling through his show and he's got a lot of cool guests. So thanks for sharing because i got tons to listen to now haha

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Toronto band covers The Hand That Feeds.

https://indie88.com/monowhales-cover...nd-that-feeds/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Hot off the heels of the recent remaster for the "I'm Afraid Of Americans" video, the video for Johnny Cash's "Hurt" has been remastered in 4K as well.

From Mark Romanek on IG:
    I was blessed to be asked by @rickrubin to direct the music-video for @johnnycash’s legendary cover of @treznor’s exquisite song “Hurt.” The video was recently remastered in 4K. I feel it gives the video a new life, and it allows for a richer experience of the late #jeanyvesescoffier’s beautiful 35mm cinematography.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

Bowie talks about looking forward to working with "Trent Reznor and NIN" at about 16:50. It isn't much, but he says some really nice things.

Forgive me if everyone already has this from some box set or DVD. It's the first time I'VE seen it, and the Bowie YouTube channel released THIS version today.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Bowie talks about looking forward to working with "Trent Reznor and NIN" at about 16:50. It isn't much, but he says some really nice things.

Forgive me if everyone already has this from some box set or DVD. It's the first time I'VE seen it, and the Bowie YouTube channel released THIS version today.
    Also, unless I'm losing my mind, there is a Bowie-only version of 'Hurt' that starts at 17:00.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    On the Bowie side has anyone seen this press conference from 1995 which is when I think they were coming to Europe and the guy asks him ‘is Morrissey as attractive and entertaining as Trent Reznor’ ha ha and then Bowie says he’s doing some collaborations with Trent over the next few months? Would that have been I’m Afraid of American and Hearts Filthy Lesson remixes? It starts at 9.35

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Percussion ensemble covers La Mer. I like this kind of covers, especially performed before an audience rather then for themselves in the rehearsal room.

(Jump to 1:16:24)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Toronto band covers The Hand That Feeds.

https://indie88.com/monowhales-cover...nd-that-feeds/

Damn, I really loved that!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Just saw the new Eddie Vedder video as a YouTube commercial, for that Long Way song, the one where he manages to rip off two or three Tom Petty songs at the same time?

And then I realized: hey, hell if that isn't Pino Palladino on bass. He looks a little worse for the wear, but that HAS to be him.

I JUST saw this; I'm not sure if he's on the record, or the touring bassist, or if this was a one off.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    unsure if it was a one-off or if that's a touring band lineup but yeah, that was him.
    Enlisting and debuting an all-star group of musicians, including super-producer Andrew Watt, bassist Pino Palladino, Glen Hansard, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith and ex-Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist/current Pearl Jam touring member Josh Klinghoffer, Vedder sprinted through an hour set that had the feel of a fun, garage band jamming together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of the greatest hip hop producers , Alchemist , just credited Trent on his success as a independent artist. Starts at 35:50

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    You can buy Josh Freese's stage worn shirt for $875!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1111295...ctive_26&frs=1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Laced Records is selling the Serious Sam 4 soundtrack on vinyl, which features a guest appearance by Robin Finck.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoul View Post
    One of the greatest hip hop producers , Alchemist , just credited Trent on his success as a independent artist. Starts at 35:50
    The case study for reference.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Another day, another cover

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk