Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 200

Thread: NIN Spotting 2021

  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    4,763
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    From the latest Neil Young Archives newsletter:



    Worth monitoring for a certain 2006 performance, thought there is the caveat that it's "every show we​ have"....
    that's pretty awesome. as a fan of another band that performed there several times...woah nelly on the ol' bank account.

    edit:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_School_Benefit

    nine appearances plus four solo shows and the NIN and that's almost $150 after tax. spreading those purchases out, I think.
    Last edited by allegate; 03-22-2021 at 10:17 AM.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Jesus, I didn't realize the Bridge School performances were so fucking stacked.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,640
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Some NIN posters in Josh Freese's studio


  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    651
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Don't know if this has been posted earlier, but David Carson shared Tren'ts alternative titles for what ended up as "And all that could have been".

    "Including trents had scratched out list of possible titles for the new album...."

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CMrriEGj0Lo/




  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    752
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    That needs to be captured for the ninwiki.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,375
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    That needs to be captured for the ninwiki.
    There's already a (whiter/scanned?) version of it on the AATCHB page on nin.wiki because it first appeared in his Fotografiks book.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,618
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    “Even After Everything” would’ve been a cool title. Even cooler if it’s song’s namesake was played live for the DVD.

    But then again that didn’t happen with AATCHB... until over a decade later.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,618
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Some interesting retro Pino footage from an equally interesting Numan interview during the US I, Assassin tour.

    Gary’s Mum mentioning she couldn’t find Pino’s shoe size towards the end of it, lol:

    Last edited by Erneuert; 03-23-2021 at 05:13 PM.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    “Even After Everything” would’ve been a cool title. Even cooler if it’s song’s namesake was played live for the DVD.

    But then again that didn’t happen with AATCHB... until over a decade later.
    I always associated that line specifically as being from The Great Below, especially since AATCHB the song didn't exist during the fragility tour. The "Still We Crawl" bit is very interesting, being that we did get Still EP out of it. I just always assumed it was the opposite of "Live" but maybe there's other connotations in that title now.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,842
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Nice little write-up today on the front page of setlist.fm about NIN's return to the stage on this day in 2005.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,618
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I always associated that line specifically as being from The Great Below, especially since AATCHB the song didn't exist during the fragility tour. The "Still We Crawl" bit is very interesting, being that we did get Still EP out of it. I just always assumed it was the opposite of "Live" but maybe there's other connotations in that title now.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

    and then there’s “Gone, Still”. Does that mean the person is still gone? Or that the person has gone, and everything is still? Like time standing still? I’ve always read it both ways.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,842
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Another spotting (two mentions actually) on this podcast talking about mastering music with extreme stereo width in the bass frequencies... one of the hosts, Jon Tidey, points to the Quake soundtrack, and a bit later on The Fragile, as examples of music that use this for creative effect. No specific commentary about the new remastering of both works, or how it pertains to their vinyl editions. But I thought it was neat.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,280
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Matt from The Bronx was on IG yesterday talking about their 7" subscription wearing a NIN t-shirt. Not sure what shirt it is and / or if it's official.

    IMG_0014.PNG
    Last edited by cdm; 03-25-2021 at 07:12 AM.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    417
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    and then there’s “Gone, Still”. Does that mean the person is still gone? Or that the person has gone, and everything is still? Like time standing still? I’ve always read it both ways.
    Why assume it's a person?

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,618
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Why assume it's a person?
    Mainly because of the narrative in AATCHB (song) and the general theme of losing love or loved ones around TF era.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,319
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I just spotted a new NIN mixtape that I made... :P

    lies | control

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,375
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Spotting from one of the many Simpsons meme groups I’m a member of on Facebook:




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,425
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Spotting from one of the many Simpsons meme groups I’m a member of on Facebook:
    Ned Like A Hole
    The Fland That Feeds

    ...and so forth.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,618
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Ned Like A Hole
    The Fland That Feeds

    ...and so forth.
    Maude Break Down The Door

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,640
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Maude Break Down The Door
    Even Diddlier

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    That is a great tattoo lol

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,001
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Claws? That band is so sick.


  23. #173
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,265
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    just came across this...10 years old, but still a spotting!
    2:40 into the video
    I was surprised!

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,618
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    just came across this...10 years old, but still a spotting!
    2:40 into the video
    I was surprised!
    Invisible video?

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,319
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)


    (start at 10:42 and wait...)

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,375
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I miss the old-school 2D side-scrolling Duke Nukem and Commander Keen games.

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't. I think we've gotten some pretty great games since then, much, much better than any side scroller.

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    752
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Dave Grohl to publish a Memoir later this year. The article mentions NIN so I pretty sure there will be a tidbit in the book about the With Teeth era.

    Dave Grohl to publish memoir, The Storyteller | Dave Grohl | The Guardian

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,618
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Dave Grohl to publish a Memoir later this year. The article mentions NIN so I pretty sure there will be a tidbit in the book about the With Teeth era.

    Dave Grohl to publish memoir, The Storyteller | Dave Grohl | The Guardian
    Hopefully he talks about Cover It Up, Good Day and The End.

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Posts
    343
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    St Vincent's cover of Piggy will be released on 7" for Record Store Day (July 17)

    https://www.brooklynvegan.com/st-vin...rohl-on-new-7/

Posting Permissions