Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2021

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Upon reflection, I may have conflated Ghosts and The Slip, because I'm an old now.
    Aren't we all...sigh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Saw Corey Taylor in Dallas the other day. His wife has a dance group called The Cherry Bombs that opened for him. One of the dancers did this really cool dance to We’re in this Together.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Came across this interview with Sharon Van Etten where filming for Twin Peaks is mentioned, and she says that TR introduced himself to her. She's a NIN fan and I'd love to see a collaboration of some sort one day.
    https://www.stereogum.com/2027852/sh...a-file-on-you/

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    lmao

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I fully realize I'm years late for this but I only just found out about this. If I didn't see it on the NIN reddit after reading about it I wouldn't have believed that this was anything other than a fan edit. The people just sitting there and sadly listening to that look like they are listening to an entirely different song in the scene itself. the editing is terrible, the constant "on no" looks are terrible, and just the actual choice of scene to lyric is terrible.

I say this having watched absolutely zero TWD so someone tell me why I'm wrong and misinformed and how that song was that old ladies absolute favorite banger.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The mix CD was their son’s. He used to listen to it when he went out on runs (looking for supplies and whatnot). He just got ripped apart by zombies. They’re listening to it to remember him. That said, it still doesn’t really fit the scene.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 06-01-2021 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails: still annoying your dad in the apocalypse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Is this from the Closure DVD? I’ve never watched it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Is this from the Closure DVD? I’ve never watched it.

Yep it’s from Closure (but this is NIN Spotting not Questions)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    So our boy Ilan just announced a new solo single. And it's with his own name on it, not The New Regime.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Adrian Belew is preparing to release a new solo album, Elevator, and he did a long interview over Zoom with André Cholmondeley (his guitar tech/tour manager, and also host of the excellent 'Confronting Creativity' artist interview series) about it and they previewed three tracks. They were talking gear he used after playing through the song "Back to Love" and Adrian mentioned that one of his favourite mini-amplifiers to play guitar through is a cigarette-pack sized battery-powered model that Trent Reznor gave him (I guess this was during Hesitation Marks? Maybe earlier?), which can be used to create a Doppler-type effect by waving it back and forth in front of microphones.

See timestamp 49:24 in this video:

Last edited by botley; 06-06-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Adrian mentioned that one of his favourite mini-amplifiers to play guitar through is a cigarette-pack sized battery-powered model that Trent Reznor gave him (I guess this was during Hesitation Marks? Maybe earlier?)
    He also worked on TDS, The Fragile, and Ghosts I-IV, so it could have been earlier for sure.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    On a side note, that cigarette pack amp was used somewhere on The Fragile. It's listed in the recording gear from the tour program.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    On a side note, that cigarette pack amp was used somewhere on The Fragile. It's listed in the recording gear from the tour program.
    There you go! Probably during The Fragile then... wonder if he ended up using it for any of the last two King Crimson studio recordings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dave Grohl relating stories about TR and NIN on today's Howard Stern Show. Swimming in '92, drumming in '04.

Still not clear why HS hasn't had TR on. He claims to be a big fan. Never even alludes to trying to book him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

(admin note: image shows text about "high resolution" audio for nin in Apple Music)
    Last edited by Michael_Vens; 06-08-2021 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Moved to another thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    is Bradley Cooper doing a biopic on Trent?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    Dave Grohl relating stories about TR and NIN on today's Howard Stern Show. Swimming in '92, drumming in '04.

Still not clear why HS hasn't had TR on. He claims to be a big fan. Never even alludes to trying to book him.
    He has mentioned trying to book him. He said they have tried many times. Howard said they never heard back lol....ironic since all of TRs buddies (Manson, Navarro, Grohl) have been on that show 500 times

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't see TR going on Stern. He might have done it in the 90s when he was trying to be shocking, but he's matured while Stern... hasn't. He's go this big interest in NIN, but he never talks about the music at all, just how edgy and dark their image was in the 90s. I don't think Stern really cares about music, or anything really, unless it's edgy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Two quick things: Ilan Rubin is doing an AMA on the Spin Music instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stories/sp...7501336/?hl=en

And in regards to the screenshot of Year Zero from Apple Music, Apple Music launched their Lossless and High Res Lossless tiers this week. Most NIN (except for FDTS frustratingly) is available in lossless, with Year Zero, With Teeth, and Welcome Oblivion available in High-Res 24/96 Lossless!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Two quick things: Ilan Rubin is doing an AMA on the Spin Music instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stories/sp...7501336/?hl=en

And in regards to the screenshot of Year Zero from Apple Music, Apple Music launched their Lossless and High Res Lossless tiers this week. Most NIN (except for FDTS frustratingly) is available in lossless, with Year Zero, With Teeth, and Welcome Oblivion available in High-Res 24/96 Lossless!
    Time for Spotify to get on the damn bus.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    balls in their court. they pretty much have to now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Danny Elfman drops his first rock album in 27 years. It's called Big Mess. Big Mess is said to be darker, closer to Nine Inch Nails than Oingo Boingo.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...buAaZ_iVRnx8oE

@allegro and I are spending money right now.

Side note: Full disclosure, I'm a bit... conflicted that TR-AR have 2 Oscars and Elfman has none. Some of his scores are pure magic.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My Japanese Ghosts I-IV finally arrived. I know that it won't affect many but I love old interviews etc. so here's the third disc of Ghosts I-IV labeled "Discussion". I wasn't able to find it anywhere else so I thought you might like it...or not.

Last edited by reznovka; 06-15-2021 at 07:47 AM. Reason: re-uploaded the video so now it should work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for posting! A couple glitches throughout tho.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azad_ninja View Post
    thanks for posting! A couple glitches throughout tho.
    I re-uploaded it and it should work fine now
    I changed the link in the original post. Hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by reznovka; 06-15-2021 at 07:40 AM. Reason: re-uploaded the video so now it should work.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Kinda surprised that no one is taking about CL's now deleted SMP.

**Edit: not trying to be controversial, but it is relevant.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 06-16-2021 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Kinda surprised that no one is taking about CL's now deleted SMP.

**Edit: not trying to be controversial, but it is relevant.
    They are, just not in this thread.