Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Hurt" on Song Exploder (Netflix)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Have a watch of the other episodes of Song Exploder, they do really try and focus and hone in on the one song and I think the addition of other tracks is literally to fill space. The podcast will only play the song in question (unless another song is specifically mentioned)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I just really want to hear that piano demo version they played at the start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey - I really liked the episode overall - the nods to Lynch, the discussion about ambient noise layers – I think any Netflix approach will always be a little bit lightweight, so many people asking why they didn't do Closer - haha!

READ - blog excerpt from my book Into The Never: Nine Inch Nails & The Creation Of The Downward Spiral –
    [Breaking The Spiral] – Netflix Documentary Reveals How Trent Reznor wrote ‘Hurt’ and The Downward Spiral Broke Into The Mainstream

https://adamsteiner.uk/2020/12/15/breaking-the-spiral-how-hurt-broke-nine-inch-nails-the-downward-spiral-into-the-mainstream/

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Thank you guys for pointing me towards the audio only episode on The Lovers! Amazing!

https://songexploder.net/nine-inch-nails

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's a great episode. Also agree that the Lovers podcast episode gave me a much greater appreciation of a song I'd previously not cared that much for.

Now, what I'd love to see published in a book or special edition sometime would be the timelines and background info for the TDS story that he refers to. I'm sure Trent will never publish it, but I'd be facinated to read it.