Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A Place to bury strangers

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    yep, i got my bundle last week, but haven't had the chance to pick through it and play the 7'', etc. the album is definitely a grower. better songwriting, more restraint- the kind of thing i like to see after several releases of balls out noise.

as for that last bit- the cruel irony is that this will be page two in a few days, tool thread on top forever.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    the b side:
    I Can Feel Your Heart Inside My Head

is epically amazing.

it should have been on the record. its my current favorite strangers track.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    ^ good to hear! Still haven't got mine yet.

Dying to hear it, can't find it online anywhere.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    ripping it as i type this- but out the door as soon as it's done. remind me tomorrow to PM you!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Awesome, thanks, will do.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I just got a copy today. Seems pretty great so far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    the b side:
    I Can Feel Your Heart Inside My Head

is epically amazing.

it should have been on the record. its my current favorite strangers track.
    It's also on the American iTunes store as a bonus track, and it comes with a pdf there. I can only wonder if there are lyrics in it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to the 7 inch yet. I don't really use the record player that much. It's admittedly a basic non-audiophile type player. I more or else just collect the vinyl. I really like the color on the 12 inch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just got back from the show in Cambridge, MA. The middle of my set list may be out of order, but all of these songs were played (beginning and end are certainly right):

01. Ocean
    02. In Your Heart
    03. Drill It Up
    04. Deadbeat
    05. Leaving Tomorrow
    06. Dissolved
    07. So Far Away
    08. Ego Death
    09. You Are the One
    10. Mind Control
    11. I Live My Life to Stand in the Shadow of Your Heart

I'm just not sure on the order of 5, 6, and 7...

I got a poster and talked to Oliver for a couple minutes. Usually, people are all over them when I've seen them, but it wasn't as bad this time.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    excellent electro cover of slipping away!

http://soundcloud.com/polyshofficial...way-a-place-to

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    They added a few more east coast dates in November.

Looks like I'm driving down to shit hole Buffalo! Anyone ever been to the Mohawk?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I have a smart playlist that plays all non album tracks. and man i just have to say... this band is so phenomenal... they are just fantastic... I think I've got a copy of just about every track theyve released at some point or another.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    still need to see these dudes live. with earplug of course.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    just saw the guys last night at the troubadour. they get tighter and tighter each time i see them. Just fantastic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: A Place to bury strangers

So the guys are in the studio. Recording and stuff...

Edit: the band will release a special EP of covers of Portland punks Dead Moon’s songs, called “Strange Moon.” The disc will be available in stores only, for Record Store Day, on translucent “Waxing Gibbous” yellow vinyl.

So it might be this they are/were recording.
    Last edited by profane; 03-06-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apologies for the double post. Here's a new song to justify it:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Do you know, if this EP will be available to buy online?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: A Place to bury strangers

Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    The record store day ep will only be released on vinyl as far as I know.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    The record store day ep will only be released on vinyl as far as I know.
    That's just too bad. Here's hoping for someone to ripp this thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Wouldn't this defeat the purpose behind Record Store Day?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kas23 View Post
    Wouldn't this defeat the purpose behind Record Store Day?
    It would, but didn't Radiohead also release their Supercollider / The Butcher RSD EP digitally?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Yeah, I meant "digitally" when I said "online". Would be a nice treat since some fans (like myself) don't own a record player.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Ya I don't think it would defeat the purpose of Record Store Day at all if they released the files digitally at some point in the near future. The people who want to own the exclusive physical medium are the ones drawn out to the stores, and that wouldn't change, but then everyone else doesn't have to suffer through some one else's potentially shitty rip. It's always a shame when those fan made rips are the only version of tracks available for any other listening medium. Doesn't do the artists any justice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Ya I don't think it would defeat the purpose of Record Store Day at all if they released the files digitally at some point in the near future. The people who want to own the exclusive physical medium are the ones drawn out to the stores, and that wouldn't change, but then everyone else doesn't have to suffer through some one else's potentially shitty rip. It's always a shame when those fan made rips are the only version of tracks available for any other listening medium. Doesn't do the artists any justice.
    I wouldn't automatically assume artist sanctioned rips are good either. When My Bloody Valentine released MBV about a month ago, the 320 Kbps version was a transcode.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm sure it will be on what.cd within the day.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Well regardless of the quality, it still, in theory, would be the "official" way of how the band approved fans hearing the songs digitally. Which I would obviously prefer, instead of a "fan interpretation" rip. Which I suppose is splitting hairs, but to me it matters.

Additionally, not releasing it digitally is basically the band just pissing away money, which doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as how APTBS could use all the cash they can get. They're new recordings, it's not just some cash grab.

So yeah, it should see some kind of release, whatcd or otherwise.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 04-16-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    please keep me posted when it surfaces. legal release preferred, of course.

also,...:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What a pain in the ass. The first Newbury Comics I went to was crazy. I had to wait a half hour to get it in and then they either didn't get a copy or someone bought it. I'm growing to hate RSD. It's not like it was at first. People just seem to buy up everything to resell it. People were walking out of the store with multiple bags completely full. That's their right, but it's frustrating. I hustled to another location in a mall and was able to get the only copy. It has a download code, but when I d/l it I get "the compressed folder is invalid or corrupted." message. I emailed the tech email. Anyone have any luck with the download?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yeah sadly I could not find it anywhere, went to a few places. I was able to pick up the Deftones Adrenaline Era Live but that was it. Record Store Day does need to get their shit together in some way though, instead of a cool celebration it's a frustrating endeavour for most I've found. Personally I think what they should do is load up all items available into their online shop. Have ALL of the items go on sale well in advance of the event. When you check out, you select the participating record store available for pick up, and schedule or be dictated a time to pick up by on the day of. If you haven't picked up by that time, the store has the right to refund your money and sell it to someone else at the shop who may be waiting "in the que". This way you still get everyone out to the stores on the day of, where they may see and pick up some other releases, etc, and people who get screwed online may get to have hope's chance to score something sweet for their patience. If you did it far enough in advance it would also give vendors a much better idea of how many copies to press in the first place to maximize sales/promotion.

So yea I anxiously await an online release of these cover songs. Good to know it came with a download, even if it didn't work.

Also I just realized there is an unreleased song, Don't Stop, that was available with the single And I'm Up. It's available to buy online but it's 9.99 for just the two tracks, one I already have obviously as I purchased the album and vinyl. So I'm a little torn. Has anyone heard it?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

A Place to bury strangers

I went to Salzars in Ventura and there was a line around the block. So I said forget it. I'm sure it will pop up soon.