Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A Place to bury strangers

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    what do ya know.. the untitled track i have is on the new record.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    what do ya know.. the untitled track i have is on the new record.
    I knew they had played an unknown song around that time that wasn't on Onwards To The Wall, is it Dissolved?
    Last edited by profane; 06-02-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It's the last track on worship.

Leaving tomorrow

But it's faster on the album.

I'll really try to get this up this weekend. I have billing to do tho... So well see.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Take your time, whenever you have it up, it will be greatly appreciated. That's the nuanced version of what I was saying in my head. That shit was dirty.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    and here... wee... GO!
    http://mmmpropaganda.com

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    New album is alright - not much of a progression from their last album, though. They tend to be very predictable...strong bass line, siren guitars that go out of control during the chorus, and the same vocal delivery seem to shape almost every song. I know it's their bread and butter, but they should try to flesh out some of their songs instead of relying on the same formula (they have the talent, not sure about the vision)

Alone and Revenge were my favorites.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't see why everyone is so harsh on them. It's good music if your into that sorta thing. What more can you ask for? Well I guess that's obvious haha. Turns out they are in town with This Will Destroy You next week. Fucking steal of a ticket for $12

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yea I'll be at the show thursday night. it will be epic.

I adore the new record. but I'm saving complete adoration for the lossless vinyl i ordered. the rip thats available now, does seem to sound kinda crappy...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    New album is alright - not much of a progression from their last album, though. They tend to be very predictable...strong bass line, siren guitars that go out of control during the chorus, and the same vocal delivery seem to shape almost every song. I know it's their bread and butter, but they should try to flesh out some of their songs instead of relying on the same formula (they have the talent, not sure about the vision)

Alone and Revenge were my favorites.
    i love them and have for some time, but that's a very, very valid criticism. i've been feeling like they need to mix it up for some time now. three lps and a slew of extra tracks, it all does kind of sound the same after a while. an excellent sonic palate that just gets a bit repetitive over time.

so...uh...i like the new album a lot, but i'm also disappointed by it? it's an odd feeling.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well I feel they did change it up some, not much, but enough. I have some things to say about this, but I'm going to wait until the vinyl comes home. The leak sucks soundwise and I guess much got lost in there. But I'm already in love with Worship for sure.

Btw, does someone have a what.cd invite for me?
    Last edited by profane; 06-03-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    i don't have any available invites but i assume you want a lossless version. PM me your email and i'll work it out with ya!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered a bundle. It would be cool to win the pedal, but it's not like I would be able to use it.

I hope they announce a headlining east coast tour. I saw them with the Joy Formidable, but it was just too short. I wasn't really digging JF. I did buy their most recent CD and it had a couple good songs on it, but eh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, I also have no use for that pedal but to have it on display. Really looking forward to get the deluxe bundle. As for The Joy Formidable, also not really my cup of tea.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've seen them 5 times. The first time with Holy Fuck was probably my favorite.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Never mind.
    Last edited by zaps30; 06-10-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got the CD, it's out here in Europe today and wasn't going to wait for that download code that comes with the pre-order stuff. They should've had a package with some fresh boxer shorts.
    Last edited by profane; 06-08-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Saw them last night. Might have been the loudest show I've ever been to. Thank fuck I had earplugs and even then it was mighty. Set list focused mainly on Exploding Head but damn such a great show. Highlight of the night was the set-ending extended combo of 'I Lived My Life To Stand In The Shadow Of Your Heart' and 'Ocean'. So much noise.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    man, they still use those two songs to close their sets? they've been doing that for years. i love 'shadow' but always thought 'ocean' was a bit too plodding, especially live.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    that closer is epic. id be sad if it changed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It was my first time seeing them so I had no other setlists to compare. But as a first timer it was great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was able to d/l the album today thanks to my pre-order of the bundle. I've only listened a few times so far, but I'm really digging Worship, Fear, and Leaving Tomorrow. Those are my favorites so far...needs more listens.

I got tickets to the Boston show at the end of July. Unfortunately, there are 4 other bands playing for a total of 5! 5 for a club show is ridiculous. My fear is they'll only play for 40-45 minutes or so. Oh well. $12 for each ticket isn't exactly breaking the bank.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Payday today! Fingers crossed I can still order the bundle...

Also very much looking forward to hearing the live recording (when I've got time to fully enjoy it).

EDIT: Well they took my money and gave me the D/L code, so yay!
    Last edited by xmd 5a; 06-12-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I still haven't received that link to download the album. Kinda concerned something might have gone wrong with the payment. I'll have to check that out.

Edit: Lol, checked the wrong mail cliënt, got it.
    Last edited by profane; 06-12-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    didn't love the DL system this time. got the link when i preordered a few weeks ago, and it gave me a code, but then said i couldn't get it until the 11th. no reminder emails, etc. had to dig up the old email after seeing the posts here!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Am getting a major Screen Vinyl Image vibe from this album. I'm not really too sure if I prefer it over Exploding Head, but the s/t is still my favourite release from the band. I'll give it another couple of plays to see how it grows.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    They're playing here tonight at a small ass club for almost nothing, strongly considering hitting it up as soon as I can dip out of work here...that or the NBA game. Never seen these guys live, is it good or just ok?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    just go. worth it. very good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    I got tickets to the Boston show at the end of July. Unfortunately, there are 4 other bands playing for a total of 5! 5 for a club show is ridiculous. My fear is they'll only play for 40-45 minutes or so. Oh well. $12 for each ticket isn't exactly breaking the bank.
    Now there are 6 bands in total playing. WTF. 6 bands at a club show. That's a first for me. I think I'll just go later and catch the last 2 or something. That's just crazy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Nxne daily wristbands were 25+. I held out, showed up to the Elmo at 1130, they're going on at 1am, and I paid 15. Very key. The venue is small and I'm right up front. Fucking stoked.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Anyone receive their bundles yet?

The record officially came out this week, and yet nobody here is talking about it? Guess everyone downloaded the leak?

Worship is fucking EXCELLENT. This thread should be chilling at the top of the musical revolution forum for weeks if there were any justice.