Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: TR&AR bandcamp page

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

TR&AR bandcamp page

https://trentreznor-atticusross.bandcamp.com/

Now that they have their own bandcamp page, they could release anything if they want to.
    I want The Black Ghiandola, The Walled Off Hotel, Fourth Estate Theme and more.
    Or they'll just release more of their back catalog that's been released through nin.com, such as WAVES or Mid90s.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think they had the means to release anything they wanted to / had the rights for all the time (see releases through nin.com).

Still I hope for their back catalog and maybe some extras. And maybe the reastered nin albums.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Maybe they're testing the waters and if the experience goes well for them and fans, they might commit more to it. If I'm right the next step would be some physical merch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does Bandcamp have hi-res releases? Or is CD-quality FLAC their max? Considering that they offer WAV and AIFF, you'd think that hi-res FLACs could be an option.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJM View Post
    Does Bandcamp have hi-res releases? Or is CD-quality FLAC their max? Considering that they offer WAV and AIFF, you'd think that hi-res FLACs could be an option.
    They encode FLAC at whatever resolution they get. Mank is 48kHz, 24bit resolution.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    For anyone new to it, Bandcamp is the best online music store/distribution service by far. TR & AR should have created a Bandcamp page 8 years ago. Glad it's finally happened!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJM View Post
    What @botley said. ALAC, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP3 (V0 VBR or 320 CBR), AAC and even OGG is available.
    They just let us download what the artist provides them, any bitrate/sample rates from 24/44.1 to 24/192 when it comes to hi-res files.
    The only gripe I have with them is we won't know if we're getting 16/44.1 or higher unless the artist mentions it in the description.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Now we need a Nine Inch Nails Bandcamp with the Definitive Editions. Trent should've did this years ago. It's good to finally see he's catching up along with Björk, Warp Records, etc. More and more artists are realizing Bandcamp is the better option than streaming. I know artists who are exclusive to Bandcamp and don't put their stuff up on streaming services. Be great if more artists could do this and cut sites like Spotify out.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    That’d be cool. Especially the physical element imho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    They encode FLAC at whatever resolution they get. Mank is 48kHz, 24bit resolution.
    Ah, I should have checked! Thanks.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I downloaded the FLAC. I usually use VLC, but I'm thinking there's a better player? I need something minimal - I usually work with about 8-10 programs running at all times.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I downloaded the FLAC. I usually use VLC, but I'm thinking there's a better player? I need something minimal - I usually work with about 8-10 programs running at all times.
    I recommend foobar2000 — it works great, is totally free, stays platform agnostic, has very low-intensity impact on system resources, but can take as many features plug-ins as you care to put into it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    +1 Foobar2000

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    TR's been experimenting with various methods of distributing music for ages (remember the Ghosts I-IV release, when eventually he just said "site keeps crashing so fuck it, here's a torrent link"?), but I am glad to see that they're trying out Bandcamp!

The fact that there's a separate label page for Nullcorp makes me wonder if they plan to release material for multiple different projects under it (even if it's just things like TR&AR soundtracks vs. AR solo soundtracks)...

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    +1 for Foobar2000. Stupid name, not the most aesthetically pleasing application, but throw the right theme (layout?) on there and it you'll be good to go. It's also a goddamn Swiss army knife for audio when you start poking around under the hood.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    The fact that there's a separate label page for Nullcorp makes me wonder if they plan to release material for multiple different projects under it (even if it's just things like TR&AR soundtracks vs. AR solo soundtracks)...
    Or side projects like Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Seconded for Walled Off Hotel. I don't even care if it gets a vinyl release. I just want to hear that hour of music. Sounds wonderful.

Glad they finally made a Bandcamp page. So great.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Or they could release the 999999 NIN SBDs they have sitting in vaults.....Or the studio versions of "Sex Dwarf" and "Now, I'm Nothing" and "Just Do It"......Or the Bleedthrough sessions......Or the countless NIN demos from over the years.....Or the Deviations songs that have vocals........Just to name a few

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Or the studio versions of "Sex Dwarf" and "Now, I'm Nothing" and "Just Do It"...
    There is no studio version of "Now I'm Nothing". I doubt like hell they'd be allowed to release anything that was made during the Interscope days anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Jumping in just because I think I'm correct, but would be good to get corrected if I'm wrong. I think the NIN and TR+AR stuff post Girl with The Dragon Tattoo has been largely been 48/24, really starting in full with Gone Girl as a result of 48 being the standard for syncing music to video. They probably got used to it and felt it was good enough. I think it's true of the HM audiophile DL, the trilogy downloads, and even the new Ghosts mp3s are encoded at 48khz. I think most, if not all, score stuff from 2014 on is also 48/24, which is definitely true of Gone Girl, Bird Box, and Watchmen.
    Last edited by variablebitrate; 12-11-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Random thought, and I'm probably almost definitely wrong, but what if they drop something on their bandcamp every BCFriday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that’d be so amazing

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    "soon."