Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The "oh, thatís interesting" Thread

Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Hey @allegro, Iím pretty sure it was you years ago who was into the different personality types? I recently got interested in it again after subscribing to this channel (an Australian chick who does solo skits involving all the personally types)[/URL

I took an online test years ago but forget what my result was. Anyhow, I took it again a few weeks ago and according to it Iím an INTJ (the ďarchitectĒ). What are you and what do you know about what I am?
    Yeah, I remember a discussion about this, here, a while ago.

I read a book about Myers-Briggs Type Indicator as it relates to JOBS, called "Do What You Are." Then, when I was in college, some professors would make us do the MBTI tests for group projects to sort us by MBTI.

I'm an INTJ, too. So is my husband.

This is right from MBTI: https://www.mbtionline.com/en-US/MBTI-Types/INTJ

Also: https://www.onlinepersonalitytests.o...ity-test/intj/

Very true:
    Common characteristics exhibited by people with this personality type:
    • Enjoys theoretical and abstract concepts
    • Dislikes confusion, disorganization and inefficiency
    • Reserved and prefers solitary work to group work
    • Orderly and structured
    • Perfectionistic
    • High expectations and standards
    • More focused on the future than on the present
    INTJs tend to prefer online socializing over in-person socializing, so itís no wonder we meet each other online.

Last edited by allegro; 09-14-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Oh my God, that’s so accurate! ^ *saves image to send to people around me IRL* lol

Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Oh my God, that’s so accurate! ^ *saves image to send to people around me IRL* lol
    Btw, “alright” is actually a word.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...lish/alright_1

I think these things are also REALLY correct:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/apos...150520596.html

I’ll add: WHINING. No fucking WHINING. Just do whatever you have to do to deal with or fix it, but NO WHINING. OR POUTING!

This pandemic and the switch to telecommuting was great for INTJs.

When I was getting my grad certificate in Paralegal studies, the attorney who was teaching the 2nd-level legal briefs writing class told us there were many law firms out there where Paralegals sat alone in little closed-off equivalence of closets all day, doing nothing but legal research.

And I, like, OH MY GOD, SIGN ME UP! That’s my DREAM JOB!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 09-16-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Btw, “alright” is actually a word.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...lish/alright_1

I think these things are also REALLY correct:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/apos...150520596.html

I’ll add: WHINING. No fucking WHINING. Just do whatever you have to do to deal with or fix it, but NO WHINING. OR POUTING!

This pandemic and the switch to telecommuting was great for INTJs.

When I was getting my grad certificate in Paralegal studies, the attorney who was teaching the 2nd-level legal briefs writing class told us there were many law firms out there where Paralegals sat alone in little closed-off equivalence of closets all day, doing nothing but legal research.

Find me a job like that now and I’ll jump at it. Editorial work, ideally.

Regarding “alright,” I know it is *acceptable*, but it still doesn’t visually look right to me, lol.

I’ve been reading contradictory things about it:

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/alright-vs-all-right/

People are often surprised to learn that alright is not an accepted spelling of all right. Although the one-word spelling of alright is seen in informal writing, teachers and editors will always consider it incorrect. To use the expression with impunity, it is best to spell it as two words: all right.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yah, but like all research jobs....it's a throne of lies.
    I was promised I would be able to do due research at my boss's behest and not have to deal with people. By the time I got to that level, the boss left me to deal with everyone - the lab, the students, and the outside collaborators. It's all good, and I finally learned to just tell everyone I was stuck in tissue culture for 2-3 hours. Which was accurate, and I would just cue a great album during which I couldn't take my hands out of the off for anyone unless it was a fire alarm for a solid 2 hours.

Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Yah, but like all research jobs....it's a throne of lies.
    I was promised I would be able to do due research at my boss's behest and not have to deal with people. By the time I got to that level, the boss left me to deal with everyone - the lab, the students, and the outside collaborators. It's all good, and I finally learned to just tell everyone I was stuck in tissue culture for 2-3 hours. Which was accurate, and I would just cue a great album during which I couldn't take my hands out of the off for anyone unless it was a fire alarm for a solid 2 hours.
    With legal research, you just sit there on LexisNexis or Westlaw all day, then writing synopsis reports. You can’t practice litigation without legal research, and attorneys don’t bill for it so they have paralegals do it. I did a ton of legal research, already, plus all my OTHER duties, which is just part of the job of a paralegal. Even as a real estate paralegal, you’re constantly doing research (state and county recorder and tax databases; state, county and municipal ordinances, etc.). But, the idea of research all day, without dealing with CLIENTS???? Or idiotic coworkers? Omg … Heaven! Lol. I lucked out in my last job, and had a desk WAAAAAAAAY in back away from everyone, except the weekly law clerk (who was out running errands most of the time). Then I started telecommuting all the time in about 2016.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-16-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Regarding “alright,” I know it is *acceptable*, but it still doesn’t visually look right to me, lol.

I’ve been reading contradictory things about it:
    Oxford says it’s informal. Oxford is the ultimate arbiter.

Personally, in formal writing, I wouldn’t even use “all right.” There are far too many other ways to say the same thing.
    Last edited by allegro; Yesterday at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Oxford says it’s informal. Oxford is the ultimate arbiter.

Personally, in formal writing, I wouldn’t even use “all right.” There are far too many other ways to say the same thing.
    If you were a salamander working at a construction site with various other animals and suddenly found yourself in an accident, with the machinery chopping your leg off, would you casually lay back and proclaim: “No sweat, guys. Watch my allegro.”

'A leg grow.

Because your username and cell regeneration…

Don’t look at me like that.