Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Van Halen

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Oh my:

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-08-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    There are so many things wrong with this, i don't even know where to begin. from the absolute terrible remix.. to DLR vamping. to everyone standing there with cell phones out and not moving. *something, something about technology killing our youth etc etc etc*

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this, i don't even know where to begin. from the absolute terrible remix.. to DLR vamping. to everyone standing there with cell phones out and not moving. *something, something about technology killing our youth etc etc etc*
    I thought it was bizarre, to say the least, and not really my thing, but DLR looked like he was having the time of his life and the audience seemed to be enjoying it--so, whatever.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    did they tho? DLR always seems to be having the time of his life. the audience just looked confused. they kept focusing on the same 3 people who seemed to be active... idk. it just weirded me out.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Cool interview with Stern. Sam talks about Dave, Van Halen days, etc.

Dave on Van Halen's future:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bys92VHHI3b/

Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Wasn't he abducted by aliens or some shit?

Van Halen has moments that I love, but I'll never, never, NEVER understand why anyone loves any of the singers. Maybe I'm just not a very fun person.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Wasn't he abducted by aliens or some shit?

Van Halen has moments that I love, but I'll never, never, NEVER understand why anyone loves any of the singers. Maybe I'm just not a very fun person.
    I like both Dave and Sammy and think they complemented EVH very well. Dave is a total original, a one of a kind, part vaudeville, part crooner, all rock star. Love DLR, and Sammy too, who is more of a traditional rock singer.

Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I like both Dave and Sammy and think they complemented EVH very well. Dave is a total original, a one of a kind, part vaudeville, part crooner, all rock star. Love DLR, and Sammy too, who is more of a traditional rock singer.
    They're very different, personality and tone-wise, but... the unifying similarity to me feels like... I dunno, they both seem like people you'd expect to see hanging out on a yacht, grinning and toasting you with a Pina colada. They both feel like "cocaine-rawk Jimmy Buffets" to me.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Hagar is a big fan of Trent, I remember interviews with him (maybe 15-20 years ago) where he said he was really intrigued by the darker rock music like NIN or Tool.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Hagar is a big fan of Trent, I remember interviews with him (maybe 15-20 years ago) where he said he was really intrigued by the darker rock music like NIN or Tool.
    I can't think of any artist who is more dissimilar to Tent than Van Halen, Dave and Sammy. But I do remember seeing a pic of EVH at a NIN show years ago.

Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    The older I get, the less-angsty and more prone to inviting "fun" into my life I get.

That said, I guess it's not my thing. It's TOO fun, to the point where it comes full circle and depresses me. I will say, on a positive note, that his guitar tone is the sort of thing that people whisper about in secretive loving tones in the audio engineering world.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    I could actually see EVH working with Trent. Obviously not on something like "Beautiful Girls," but I can see Eddie adding a few licks to something Trent wrote.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    DLR is on today's episode of WTF With Marc Maron. He gets pretty candid about his relationship with the brothers, which is to say that there's always been dislike between him and them, and that he got along with their father more than them. I personally found it interesting when he talked about being raised Jewish in Indiana.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    You can listen here:
    http://www.wtfpod.com