Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden 2021 - "Listen, Jack."

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

ballsy to say what we're all thinking.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Maybe, just maybe, we leave Major Biden the fuck alone until he’s used to his new place and routine of being around a bunch of people he doesn’t know.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    JFC, Trump could have had the meanest dog plowing down small children, and the GOP would be making excuses.
    Could we maybe focus on the real shit for a steady 3 months?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've paid such little attention to politics since Biden took office, and frankly, I love it. I needed a break, and I'm not worried that Biden is going to do some crazy thing. I have faith that he'll govern competently. That seems like a low bar to pass, but after four years of Trump, I'm happy to not have to read about the latest scandal or whatever.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    I've paid such little attention to politics since Biden took office, and frankly, I love it. I needed a break, and I'm not worried that Biden is going to do some crazy thing. I have faith that he'll govern competently. That seems like a low bar to pass, but after four years of Trump, I'm happy to not have to read about the latest scandal or whatever.
    Agreed. Though I will say that I don't like how he (or his administration) has been punishing/firing staff members for marijuana use. Still, that's not so bad compared to the heinous shit Trump was getting away with on a weekly—if not daily—basis. It's definitely been nice to not be paying much attention to politics, nor feeling the need to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Seems like a shitty thing to do, and weird since marijuana is decriminalized in DC.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Really. I just saw a post where a "friend" was getting really way too upset about the fact that they put a mask on the Easter Bunny at this year's WH Easter thing.
    Then a friend of hers jumps in, and he's calling Jill Biden a "tramp" for wearing stockings. Then he's calling her a "fake doctor." Then he's bitching about how Hunter Biden likes to smoke crack.

It's just amazing. We just got done with four years of some guy telling people to inject themselves with bleach to inoculate themselves against a pandemic he "intentionally downplayed," and this is all you're coming up with to complain about? Yawn.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    His admin came out today and said they'll be withdrawing our remaining 2500 troops from Afghanistan by...9/11?

A) This is great news, but I'll believe it when it actually happens.

B) They better not just fill the gap with more fucking contractors. Just get as many US military related people out of there as possible & never add anymore ever again.

C) What's with the weird 9/11 signaling? Why would you want to draw attention to the fact we've been there almost TWENTY years b/c of that exact incident? Us being there has resulted in the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. Just get out as soon as possible, and please just stop bombing brown people in general.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I agree that it's weird but I also think you kind of answered your own question, in a way.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I just don't like the fetishization of 9/11, and this certainly adds to that. And I don't see how that's a good thing for Biden, even if I put on my big dumb centrist pro-military war machine hat for a second.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

No taxation without representation!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Pelosi constantly starting standing ovations was a bit over the top.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Ted Cruz falling asleep, lol. Can someone fire him already???

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1839362.html

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Ted Cruz falling asleep, lol. Can someone fire him already???

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1839362.html
    Honestly, I think him and all the Trump boot-lickers are on their way out. Him, and Lindsey Graham, and Jim Jordan, and Mark Meadows are all going the way of Matt Gaetz... and I guess Giuliani. Now if we could all just see Roger Stone go to jail, the world would be a better place

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I really wonder if a lot of Republicans are watching the details unfold about Gaetz, and having this sort of epiphany...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    ^^....The GOP isn't remotely capable of having that level of self awareness.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    They’re referred to as the GQP, now.

And it’s appropriate.

They can’t detect the irony.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    One thing that I didn't know about the Bidens is that they are about eight feet tall.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the amount of mental power directed at that photo...Jesus.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Is this like a hobbit thing?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Is this like a hobbit thing?
    Someone posted on Twitter something like “they’re both in their 90s.”

And I responded “and living in the Land of Oz?”

It made ME laugh.

So far, my response has over 90 likes

Someone posted this image in response (because Jimmy’s feet are so huge):

Last edited by allegro; 05-06-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Vatican warns U.S bishops about rebuking Biden, other Catholic pols

I feel like if you want to keep tax exempt status you should stop messing around with politics.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    so russians hack the pipeline and conservatives blame biden, claiming conspiracy. gas stations in my neighborhood are already running out. i would feel way more panicky if we didn’t have an electric car sitting in our garage.

https://twitter.com/farah_world514/s...891243520?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Executive Order on improving the US of A's Cybersecurity Posture. Probably looooooong overdue.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...cybersecurity/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Free Palestine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Free Palestine, free Palestine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Free Palestine, free Palestine, free Palestine.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    Asking legitimately because I haven't been following it closely, but what does this have to do with Biden?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    Furthermore, Free Palestine.
    @eskimo , Biden is at the helm of the world's most powerful military.

Israel is as it is today, partially due to decades of American intervention.

Also, Free Palestine.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It's much less a problem with Biden specifically than it is a shamefully long term problem with the United States government and political system in general - basically every president in living memory has been custodian to the disgusting amount of aid our country has provided Israel, every one playing along with their disingenuous rhetoric - but it's clearly going to continue to be a failing for this administration too and with no other threads primed for discussion on this, I think it's as fair a place as any to be talking about it. It's too important an issue to not be talking about.

What is happening to the Palestinian people is horrific, and it has been for an inexcusably long amount of time. Frankly I'm encouraged seeing any Israel-critical coverage in US media because the infuriatingly bad-faith rhetoric Israel so constantly hides behind has become so entrenched in United States political discourse, to the point where you are likely to get smeared as an antisemite for criticizing Israel. Israel's policies are barbaric and disgusting, and would be just as barbaric and disgusting at the hands of any other religious or ethnic group. The accusing of any critics of being antisemitic, the insistence that critics are ignorant and "just don't understand", it's all an obvious smokescreen to conceal the blatant reality that what we are seeing is ethnic cleansing, that Israel will not be satisfied until it has completely assimilated Palestine and eradicated anyone or anything that stands in its way.

This thread does a terrific job elaborating on how support for Israel is deliberately tied to Jewish identity by various institutions, in a way that flattens said identity and reduces it to shield to defend Israel's indefensible actions, and I highly recommend reading it. It's a complicated, extremely old part of the world with a whole lot of history, but the reality of the situation there now is unmistakable. On one side, entire families have been wiped out. On the other side, they're worried they may need a bomb shelter when they're out to fucking brunch.

Honestly if you can watch this and still proudly "stand with Israel"...
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 05-16-2021 at 02:56 PM.