Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Biden 2021 - "Listen, Jack."

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

ballsy to say what we're all thinking.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Maybe, just maybe, we leave Major Biden the fuck alone until he’s used to his new place and routine of being around a bunch of people he doesn’t know.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    JFC, Trump could have had the meanest dog plowing down small children, and the GOP would be making excuses.
    Could we maybe focus on the real shit for a steady 3 months?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've paid such little attention to politics since Biden took office, and frankly, I love it. I needed a break, and I'm not worried that Biden is going to do some crazy thing. I have faith that he'll govern competently. That seems like a low bar to pass, but after four years of Trump, I'm happy to not have to read about the latest scandal or whatever.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    I've paid such little attention to politics since Biden took office, and frankly, I love it. I needed a break, and I'm not worried that Biden is going to do some crazy thing. I have faith that he'll govern competently. That seems like a low bar to pass, but after four years of Trump, I'm happy to not have to read about the latest scandal or whatever.
    Agreed. Though I will say that I don't like how he (or his administration) has been punishing/firing staff members for marijuana use. Still, that's not so bad compared to the heinous shit Trump was getting away with on a weekly—if not daily—basis. It's definitely been nice to not be paying much attention to politics, nor feeling the need to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Seems like a shitty thing to do, and weird since marijuana is decriminalized in DC.

Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Really. I just saw a post where a "friend" was getting really way too upset about the fact that they put a mask on the Easter Bunny at this year's WH Easter thing.
    Then a friend of hers jumps in, and he's calling Jill Biden a "tramp" for wearing stockings. Then he's calling her a "fake doctor." Then he's bitching about how Hunter Biden likes to smoke crack.

It's just amazing. We just got done with four years of some guy telling people to inject themselves with bleach to inoculate themselves against a pandemic he "intentionally downplayed," and this is all you're coming up with to complain about? Yawn.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    His admin came out today and said they'll be withdrawing our remaining 2500 troops from Afghanistan by...9/11?

A) This is great news, but I'll believe it when it actually happens.

B) They better not just fill the gap with more fucking contractors. Just get as many US military related people out of there as possible & never add anymore ever again.

C) What's with the weird 9/11 signaling? Why would you want to draw attention to the fact we've been there almost TWENTY years b/c of that exact incident? Us being there has resulted in the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. Just get out as soon as possible, and please just stop bombing brown people in general.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    I agree that it's weird but I also think you kind of answered your own question, in a way.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    I just don't like the fetishization of 9/11, and this certainly adds to that. And I don't see how that's a good thing for Biden, even if I put on my big dumb centrist pro-military war machine hat for a second.