Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trent reznor's favorite books

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    It sure is. And if they would go back and read 1984 they would be a LOT better off. Atlas Shrugged is some petulant, privileged, teenage bullshit that Far Right fascists love to use to tell us all how they got where they are by their own genius when it was really daddy’s money and a society built on the oppression and exploitation of immigrants and people of color.

That’s the last book Trent Reznor would be interested in.
    Somehow you too superficially perceive the essence of this novel. Although everyone has different tastes and perceptions too. 1984 I read it too, great novel, very good work. But not every good piece sinks into the soul. Everything is individual.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    Somehow you too superficially perceive the essence of this novel. Although everyone has different tastes and perceptions too. 1984 I read it too, great novel, very good work. But not every good piece sinks into the soul. Everything is individual.
    atlas shrugged is like the libertarian handbook. the ideas it presents about "individualism" are really just about selfishness.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the ideas it presents about "individualism" are really just about selfishness.
    See also; "The Virtue of Selfishness" ... because why be subtle about it.

Gotta love "individualism" authors who also not only take charity from fans but government cheques as well (Snopes). But hey, we have a literary thread already...

Last edited by MrLobster; 11-16-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap3worm View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's thrown Burroughs in the air before
    isn't reading WSB works mandatory in underground/counter culture?