Thread: NIN Modular Face Mask on the nin store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    are you forgetting there was supposed be a tour wrapping up about now? is he really not allowed to sell merch for his own and (his business’) benefit? is this a new rule? do the other bands know?

I think Trent is doing OK in the money department. I guarantee you those checks from Pixar have seven 0's attached to them. I don't think he is hard up for cash. This isn't some indie band that had to cancel their tour and are looking for ways to make money. NIN at this point is in the upper echelon of bands that can print their own money

Sell all the merch you want. But when it comes to masks, it starts to get cringe. Unless its being donated to charity then its fine
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-28-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I guarantee you those checks from Pixar have seven 0's attached to them.
    For film score work? That's delusional. A quick Google search shows that the top tier composers can make about $2 million per score.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    For film score work? That's delusional. A quick Google search shows that the top tier composers can make about $2 million per score.
    Trent and Atticus are top tier composers at this point. Academy Award winning composers and have a huge name. I would say they are top 5 in the entire industry at this moment

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Trent and Atticus are top tier composers at this point. Academy Award winning composers and have a huge name. I would say they are top 5 in the entire industry at this moment
    I would say they're in the upper-echelon, but I don't know about top 5. The salary they pull is also highly dependent on the project. They're not pulling a million dollar payday on movies like mid90s ($1.7 million budget) or Waves ($6 million budget). They've probably gotten their best fees on the Fincher films and Soul.