Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NIN Modular Face Mask on the nin store

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In my 1 1/2 sentences above, I never stated or implied the link was affiliated with Trump (although in reality, he did tweet the link out to his followers). It was meant as an alternative example of peak capitalism. Trump has however claimed to have defeated COVID several times. Actually, just released from his White House 'science' office today: White House Lists 'Ending' Covid-19 Pandemic As Trump Accomplishment

The point was that at least Trent is using his influence to support science, health and sanity. I saw on the other thread you thought $35 plus shipping was 'Deviations cringe' worthy on pricing. I've paid $20+ for a generic mask without 4 filters included, and without all of the extra Velcro and patch stitching (which is not free to produce). It doesn't seem that outrageous to me, but each to our own opinion. I would also pay the same for Deviations again, btw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love the chance to get cool masks, I have to wear them, might as well have fun doing it. I have a couple of Robs which I adore. Currently I'm a fat fucker (losing it though) and I can't wait to wear PIG and watch peoples reaction. Feel there is room for more expansion packs as we descend into oblivion. It might be the end of the world but let's enjoy it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Can't believe the expansion pack is already sold out. I saw the email this morning and put the mask and expansion pack in my cart but got sidetracked by a small mountain of bullshit and when I went back to purchase just now, it was sold out. Hopefully that's refilled and/or a second pack comes. Going to need a bunch of these since we're never going to get past this stupid fucking virus thanks to the selfish, short-sighted, cousin-fucking idiots who make up Trump's base doing everything they can to prevent any progress of any kind being made.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    What charity are the proceeds going to?
    This.

Full disclosure: I bought a set for $50 because it's cool and I love shit like this. BUT, and it's a big but, I do wish it was not just merchandise, but had a charity benefiting from it, even if not 100% of the proceeds. That's why I didn't love the Broken2020 line of shirts either, and felt much better about buying the canceled tour merch (or even the NIN branded coffee here in Chicago, which supported an animal shelter).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I guess one takeaway is that it's called "expansion pack 1" which means more words could be coming in the months ahead.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I picked up the mask and expansion pack this morning. Looking forward to having something new, since soon my "Vote" and Halloween-themed masks won't be quite as timely.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I guess one takeaway is that it's called "expansion pack 1" which means more words could be coming in the months ahead.
    Tell that to Deviations 2.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    My inner collector is infinitesimally sad to have missed the expansion pack.

The price seems fair. Rob's masks are $20 so two for $35 is alright. And they are customizable with the patches.

I image you can make your own if you are into those sort of crafty efforts! I am dead creatively.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Tell that to Deviations 2.
    "soon"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    At this point, I figure that these are just a way for the NIN camp to stir up some shit for fun on Facebook or whatever, with maybe a small side bonus of making a little money. And to be fair, I'm all for stirring shit for your own entertainment, I just think "oooooooh, trying to turn a profit off of the pandemic I see" is wildly misunderstanding the likely aim here.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    If the recent NIN tweet is any indication, Joe Biden’s presidential campaign apparently.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Do you know what company makes them/where they're manufactured?
    I don't, but I'm gonna ask our marketing team where they bought them from because now I'm curious and because I want to buy more of them for myself. If I find out the company, i'll mention it here.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    are you forgetting there was supposed be a tour wrapping up about now? is he really not allowed to sell merch for his own and (his business’) benefit? is this a new rule? do the other bands know?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    are you forgetting there was supposed be a tour wrapping up about now? is he really not allowed to sell merch for his own and (his business’) benefit? is this a new rule? do the other bands know?

I think Trent is doing OK in the money department. I guarantee you those checks from Pixar have seven 0's attached to them. I don't think he is hard up for cash. This isn't some indie band that had to cancel their tour and are looking for ways to make money. NIN at this point is in the upper echelon of bands that can print their own money

Sell all the merch you want. But when it comes to masks, it starts to get cringe. Unless its being donated to charity then its fine
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-28-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The "NIN Fans Who Complain Too Much" charity. You should be seeing your share soon.

If it gets more people to wear masks, or to make wearing masks a little more fun, then fuck it. I'm all for it. I bought a couple masks from Rob already, so I may pick this up too.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-28-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Lol right. Like target and Walmart are selling disposable masks at cost. Give me a break.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Fact is these are pricey starting at $35. Anyone see other bands masks prices? Just looking around at a handful of groups/musicians, not many have them on their official web store. Although not as nice Metallica’s mask is $12.99.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Fact is these are pricey starting at $35. Anyone see other bands masks prices? Just looking around at a handful of groups/musicians, not many have them on their official web store. Although not as nice Metallica’s mask is $12.99.
    Cold Cave's "People Are POISON" mask is $45 because it is a collab with some designer. I bought it after making a bootleg People are poison mask at the beginning of the pandemic. Really mask prices vary greatly. I bought some sequin ones off instagram from a costume designer in Nashville that are my favorite, they were $30 ea... and part of the proceeds go to charity... I dont fault TR for the price or getting creative. I view all of my masks as safe wearable art. I know I'm buying something "extra" versus a regular paper mask. I can, it makes me happy, and some of the money is helping others. I highly doubt TR is just pocketing the cash and laughing.

Inquiring minds want to know--- has anyone started a suggested expansion pack 2 thread yet? I have some thoughts.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I guarantee you those checks from Pixar have seven 0's attached to them.
    For film score work? That's delusional. A quick Google search shows that the top tier composers can make about $2 million per score.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    pretty cool but beyond the budget

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    For film score work? That's delusional. A quick Google search shows that the top tier composers can make about $2 million per score.
    Trent and Atticus are top tier composers at this point. Academy Award winning composers and have a huge name. I would say they are top 5 in the entire industry at this moment

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    ^ So it's okay to exaggerate what they earn by a factor of ten or more?

Artists sell things. If you don't like it, that's fine, but the idea that they have too much money — when practically the entire music industry is going insolvent — is WILDLY wrong.
    Last edited by botley; 10-29-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Trent and Atticus are top tier composers at this point. Academy Award winning composers and have a huge name. I would say they are top 5 in the entire industry at this moment
    I would say they're in the upper-echelon, but I don't know about top 5. The salary they pull is also highly dependent on the project. They're not pulling a million dollar payday on movies like mid90s ($1.7 million budget) or Waves ($6 million budget). They've probably gotten their best fees on the Fincher films and Soul.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    It’ll be bundled with Deviations 2

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    It’ll be bundled with Deviations 2
    Deviations (version)
    2 vinyl set, 4 more patches - $69.99

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    This is A+ trolling and (on the Facebook page, at least) it worked. I recommend permanently affixing "doomed".
    Instagram as well. The comments section on those posts hurt my brain.
    I really need to stop reading comments on social media. It just upsets me that half the population are nitwitz.
    No wonder why shit like this drags on.

Today in the news, there was an article from my local city recommending that people refrain from hosting Halloween parties this weekend, because our COVID cases are at an all time high, and the comments were like "fuck you, you are taking my rights away. You can't tell me what to do" Jesus Christ. Must be nice to be a selfish entitled snowflake. 10 months later and nothing has been learned from this. If everyone worked together, this shit would have been long gone by now.

Were people this dumb during the 1918-1920 pandemic? Just curious. I'm guessing we see more of them now because of the way the world openly communicates through the internet/social media.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Were people this dumb during the 1918-1920 pandemic? Just curious. I'm guessing we see more of them now because of the way the world openly communicates through the internet/social media.
    Sadly, they were. There were anti-mask groups and campaigns as well. They certainly did not have the technology we have now, but they used leaflets and public events to spread their plague message.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    COVID's the pandemic, humanity is the virus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sold out.

I was busy packing my car to evacuate from Zeta when they went on sale. I saw that it was a pre-order, and figured they were just going to produce as many as were ordered, so I didn't think there was any rush to order.

Does anyone recall if any other "sold out" pre-order items ever went back in stock?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Evacuation sounds rough, hope you are safe now. There was a second run on the pandemic T shirts, so just keep checking. Hope you get a chance to get them.