Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Covid positive/Covid in your house

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

Covid positive/Covid in your house

So, my mom has it.
    She tested positive Friday morning.
    (We live with her and take care of her.)

We're hoping we don't have it. I guess we'll find out on Monday. But I'm pretty sure I have it, too, as does my wife. We've both been sick as fuck.

Seeing as "it's all good as long as you don't have shit like autoimmune disorders, or hep c," and, I have pretty hardcore RA, while the Mrs has the liver disease...

Ha. SURELY it'll be ok, but, if not, much love.

It's been cool.

Love u guys.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-24-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry to hear this elevenism, I hope it passes by without any serious complications, and I hope that your mother recovers quickly.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Very sorry about this.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    sorry to hear this, best wishes to everyone at your place.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    So sorry to hear this, wishing everyone a speedy recovery!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Well, my wife and I aren't sick anymore. I'm WONDERING if we already had it, and gave it to my mom, as, 99% of the time, we're the only ones who leave the house.

My mom is doing better than I'd expected, though. She's insisting on getting up and fixing all of her own meals, (which, we normally do for her most of the time,) because she's afraid of getting US sick if we haven't any immunity.

She's sort of lethargic, coughs some, and the fever comes and goes. Also, strangely, she had a big nosebleed for the first time in her life.

What's driving her crazy, and, this is also unusual for a bug, is that she keeps getting BETTER, and feels fine, and thinks it's over, but then she's sick again the next day.

Ultimately, though, I think she's gonna be fine. She watches her horror movies and tv shows, talks to a couple of friends on the phone, and plays word games on her tablet. And she's in good spirits, most importantly.

We're all ex healthcare workers here: I was a CNA for years, my mom was an RN, and my wife was an LVN, and, believe it or not, being in good spirits really DOES seem to help you heal faster, in our experience.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    And thank you guys for caring. This is PRETTY much the only place I talk to people.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Glad everything's okay, man!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Glad to hear your mom is doing better and that you and your wife are fine. Tell your mom it's okay to get pampered when sick.

Stay strong and keep your spirit's up, all of you. Eat a lot of pea soup and think about us Quebecois. Pea soup is the answer to everything, my friend.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Holy shit, just seeing this well hell I'm glad things aren't any worse. Glad you're all still in the land of the living so to speak.

I had actually been thinking about you and yours regarding what ails you and how that could mix with COVID, I was legitimately worried but hearing that you guys might be on the other side of it is very good news.

Please keep us posted in any case!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    My dear wife had several COVID contacts this past week (she is a doctor) but thankfully has tested negative so far. She does wear required PPE when indicated, especially for intubation, but sometimes an asymptomatic patient is not tested until after contact has occurred. Things are far more dangerous now than they were in the spring. Because everyone is acclimated to the situation. And therefore less diligent in staying safe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Glad to hear your mother's doing better.

My husband tested positive Monday. He isolated in our house last Saturday when he started not feeling well.

I got my positive yesterday, so he was able to finally leave the bedroom and get his own food and drinks. I can't smell which is very strange indeed. We both have coughing. He had a ton of back pain (I didn't). Both have headaches. I cough stuff up (he doesn't). I have asthma (he doesn't). Anyway things are stable.

That said, I'm afraid to ask this on reddit etc. because people are so hostile... But the studies seem very clear. Once you have it, there's 3 months of immunity (more recent studies are saying 6 months but being conservative I'm sticking with 3). Yes there are an extremely small number of reinfections. After researching it, the number seems to be less than 30 cases documented worldwide with less than a handful in the 3 month period. I didn't look up total worldwide cases but less than 30 out of them seems a super super small risk.

I take it if we are immune for 3 months we can't catch it and we can't spread it either. So if we recover, what is the downside (to us or people we'd come in contact with) of traveling (taking a much needed vacation, flight, hotels, etc.) or eating out or even (gasp) going to a bar? I haven't ate out (not even takeout) since February and really have not done anything and avoid going anywhere.

If post-covid people are immune for a while why don't we see gatherings advertised for covid recovered people? Even a convert would seem to be safe if the artist and all attendees were recovered from covid....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sinspots; 11-07-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    :-(

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post

My husband tested positive Monday. He isolated in our house last Saturday when he started not feeling well.

I got my positive yesterday, so he was able to finally leave the bedroom and get his own food and drinks. I can't smell which is very strange indeed. We both have coughing. He had a ton of back pain (I didn't). Both have headaches. I cough stuff up (he doesn't). I have asthma (he doesn't). Anyway things are stable.

That said, I'm afraid to ask this on reddit etc. because people are so hostile... But the studies seem very clear. Once you have it, there's 3 months of immunity (more recent studies are saying 6 months but being conservative I'm sticking with 3). Yes there are an extremely small number of reinfections. After researching it, the number seems to be less than 30 cases documented worldwide with less than a handful in the 3 month period. I didn't look up total worldwide cases but less than 30 out of them seems a super super small risk.

I take it if we are immune for 3 months we can't catch it and we can't spread it either. So if we recover, what is the downside (to us or people we'd come in contact with) of traveling (taking a much needed vacation, flight, hotels, etc.) or eating out or even (gasp) going to a bar? I haven't ate out (not even takeout) since February and really have not done anything and avoid going anywhere.

If post-covid people are immune for a while why don't we see gatherings advertised for covid recovered people? Even a convert would seem to be safe if the artist and all attendees were recovered from covid....

because it sets a bad example. just like all the irresponsible people going out to eat and having parties and acting like there isn't a pandemic sets an example for people who are on the fence about doing those activities, and emboldens them to take the risk, which is why the virus keeps spreading.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    So I’m about a week in, and my symptoms are downright bizarre. I get weird fever flashes every few hours. No taste, no smell. Body aches that haven’t really gone away since they started. I also have tons of anxious, shaky energy that makes me feel like I took truck stop caffeine pills. I’ve randomly fallen and dropped things all week because I just feel so weak and jittery. The good news is that my chest congestion is not that bad.

I’m still the only one in my house who has any symptoms at all, so I’m hoping that nobody else gets it so we can leave the house again soon. My youngest is absolutely furious, she doesn’t understand why we can’t even leave the house. So we are both trying to work from home while I’m sick and she’s melting down every five seconds. I hate it because I feel guilty that I can’t really cuddle my daughter and make her feel better, I can’t work from home very effectively right now so I feel like a shitty employee, I can’t help my husband out a lot with the heavy lifting around the house so I feel guilty for that too.

There’s nothing like a heaping dose of guilt and shame on top of Covid and my already existing depression!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Very reasonable questions. I work in healthcare, almost exclusively on COVID-related projects.

I would say that the truth is we just don't know. There is a difference between anecdotal evidence and scientific evidence. Most other diseases behave in certain ways, we are "pretty sure" that you'd be immune, but "pretty sure" isn't the basis of widespread public health advice. So for now it is to err on the side of caution.

This stuff is SO complex. The nuances of immunity - it's a matter of degree. Do you have neutralizing antibodies? Which antibody test were you given and how accurate is it? It's just complex.

In time, we will have more answers. Part of that is based on whether we have a reliable President again who will empower the CDC to do it's job properly instead of restraining them. We need widespread testing and well-designed clinical trials to better understand immunity. Some of that is being conducted now, some of it CANNOT be conducted in the current environment where they are just letting the pandemic rip through unhindered, where data is a decentralized, obscured mess.

I think next year we should know a LOT more if Biden ends up being allowed to serve and we don't descend into autocracy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I think next year we should know a LOT more if Biden ends up being allowed to serve and we don't descend into autocracy.
    Thanks for your thoughtful response.

I haven't ruled out a taking a short trip with taking all possible safety precautions but you make very good points to consider.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thanks for your thoughtful response.

I haven't ruled out a taking a short trip with taking all possible safety precautions but you make very good points to consider.

If you do make a trip, you may want to consider waiting a month and seeing where we are at. Numbers around the country are the WORST they have been yet and health systems are really cracking under the stress.

Even stuff we don't think about - like what if I got into a car wreck - that all changes when your local ICU is full. Right now it's a little closer to the 1800's - don't get hurt or sick or you might die - than usual. Hopefully that calms down in another month or two.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So, holy fuck, y'all. My mom got better, but now, she's WAY worse. She has pneumonia, her voice is gone, she gets winded going to use the bathroom.

I'm fucking scared, now.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So, holy fuck, y'all. My mom got better, but now, she's WAY worse. She has pneumonia, her voice is gone, she gets winded going to use the bathroom.

I'm fucking scared, now.
    That's awful. Sending positive vibes.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

I'm fucking scared, now.
    Shit, man. I hope she gets better.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Mom has it, caught it from her husband who tested positive Friday. She tested Monday. Started off with headaches now she has a fever.

Trying to stay calm.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Mom has it, caught it from her husband who tested positive Friday. She tested Monday. Started off with headaches now she has a fever.

Trying to stay calm.
    Fucking Christ. How old is she? Mine's 62

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    67. Her husband went to the hospital today. It's absolutely terrible to say but I'm actually kind of relieved because this means she will have a better chance of recuperating.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I work with a guy who came back into work after a few days break last Wednesday, he complained he didn't feel right halfway through the day and ended up calling in sick Thursday, then took a test that came back positive last Friday morning.

As I live at home still and my sister who also lives here is high risk, I took a test last Friday as a precaution - didn't have any symptoms all week, I'd just had a head and sinus cold for a couple of weeks due to how cold it got here. Anyway Saturday morning I got the test back that I was positive. Saturday night I ended up in bed, wearing three layers first and still shivering follows by the fever. Headaches kept coming most of the week and random symptoms keep coming and going. I'm improving day after day but now I've just got a hell of a cough and my sense of taste and smell have gone. If it doesn't get any worse I'm hoping I will make a decent enough speedy recovery, but it's not been pleasant. I've felt my mental health going to shit over the week just being stuck in my room alone with my thoughts, getting food & drink dropped off at my door.

Most importantly, my parents have both tested negative, as has my sister. Just gotta get this 10 day period over with then out of isolation. My very best wishes to everyone in here affected.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    My stepfather is Covid-free. My mother was admitted to the hospital yesterday and given the same anti-viral dose he was. She is much better. She came in with pneumonia and some chest pains, but now she is feeling way better and is possibly being released tomorrow (though she will quarantine for 10 days if that's the case). I am eternally grateful to our hospital for taking such good care of her in this crazy time.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    67. Her husband went to the hospital today. It's absolutely terrible to say but I'm actually kind of relieved because this means she will have a better chance of recuperating.
    word, but it's also gotta be a rough feeling.

My mom was SUPPOSED to go to the hospital, but decided to stay here.

She was trained as an RN, my wife is trained as an LVN, and i'm a veteran CNA/tech (who obviously can't work anymore,) but, yeah. And we have pulse oximeters and blood pressure cuffs and stethoscopes and all that cool shit.

And, she's on meds, so we figured, if she doesn't need a ventilator yet, we can take care of her here. We'll know when the hospital is necessary, and, hopefully it won't be.

BUT, yeah. I really wanted my mom to go to the hospital, too, at first, before she made her case to me.

it's a fucking hard thing to deal with. i feel you.

i hope WE did the right thing. i'm glad things worked out for you.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    for the record, my mom is stable. she still has pneumonia, i think, but she drove herself to an appointment in amarillo yesterday, which is like an hour and a half from here, and bought a few things at the store.

i think she's gonna be alright. it's just scary, though, because of the way this shit CHANGES. i mean, she already got better once.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Mom is home, doing okay. A little overwhelmed because of stuff that's been piling up in her absence. They just moved into a new house, which I feared because of this thing exactly happening. But she's fine, and I am relatively at ease after just being a bundle of nerves and emotion all week.

But now my last girlfriend/submissive, who lives in AZ might have it now. I will spare details but I could spit nails at a few of her relatives right now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Covid in the house now. Youngest (adult) son who lives with us has tested positive. He is doing well, just miserable with myalgias and high fever. Typical for young adult. Not life threatening at this point. And he is already feeling much better.

Other household members (wife and older son) already have first Covid vaccination. They are front line health care workers. I have 3 significant comorbidities but no vaccination yet. Guess I am the one at risk here.

Thankfully we have a large house. And the chosen one is sequestered to the east wing. But furnace circulates air everywhere, and there is only one kitchen. There is only so much that masks and hand sanitizer and distancing can do.

My biggest concern is that my youngest son will suffer extreme emotional distress if I contract Covid. Especially if I die. He is so very sensitive to things. He is a truly compassionate and caring young man whom I am so very proud of!

I will do my best to stay safe and stay well. If things do go pear shaped, I just don't know what to do. I have never been an expert at telling my sons that I love them no matter what. It's just one of those life lessons I never learned. And now I am scared because I feel so ill equipped to deal with this situation.