Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am an artist *puke bile wailing AIDS*

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I am an artist *puke bile wailing AIDS*

Regular updates at my fan page: facebook.com/frostjeff Check my Vimeo Page for new videos: www.vimeo.com/frostjeff My poorly updated (but more complete) website: www.jeff-frost.com
    Last edited by Magtig; 10-24-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    nice time lapse, I like it ; )
    good luck for your gallery show

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My new full length time lapse video, "Flawed Symmetry of Prediction."

Best viewed in HD, full screen, cranked.

http://www.vimeo.com/frostjeff/fsop

A friend* put it up on reddit, let them know if you like it! http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comme...e_lapse_video/

*okay okay it was Clive
    Last edited by Magtig; 05-09-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Amazing, dude, simply amazing!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    wow, that was pretty awesome!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Dude, that was awesome. I dug the whole thing, but I especially loved Spoiler: the "moving" parts (for complete lack of a better term): when the camera swung around that tree and the way the camera moved in and out of the house at the end. Really good stuff.

Also, those windmills- is that off the 10, near Cabazon? I love that stretch of road.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I absolutely love your work =]

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thank ya kindly, folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. Just saw Flawed Symmetry of Prediction. That was amazing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

New video!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Very nice job, Magtig! I especially liked Flawed Symmetry, it had a foreboding quality to it that made it very different than most timelapse videos I've seen.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If you'd like to vote for my panel at SXSW, I'd really appreciate it. Oh, and I'm making a book with Blurb.

http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/2999

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Phil Plait wrote a blog featuring some of my recent work, as well as, Flawed Symmetry of Prediction!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/ba...-sunset-carma/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My Book 'Flawed Symmetry of Prediction' Is Out and it's Free! (reposted from my website)

Download the book at Blurb.com now! (recommended)
    Alternate: Apple iBookstore

Blurb Books CEO, Eileen Gittens, approached me about making this book earlier this year at the Palm Springs Photo Festival. She told me Blurb was working on the debut of a new electronic book format and thought my art and video work would be perfect to highlight its strengths. The thought of making a book had never really entered my head at that point; I figured I had no damn business making one.

Despite my hesitation, I found that I couldn’t stop thinking about what might set the book apart from a website. I imagined how I would want the book to look and feel, but even more I pondered what the experience of the reader might be. I realized Eileen was presenting a great opportunity (and a great challenge). It seemed like a waste to say no just because I didn't know what hell I was doing.

Before I knew it I was visiting the Blurb offices in San Francisco to discuss the features of the format with their very capable staff. At the end of the book making process I was so exhausted and frazzled that the hobgoblins in my head were telling me it was a disaster, but after a good night’s sleep I sat down and experienced what I had created. I played the audio on each page and looked at the images and before I knew it I became lost in the experience. The world around me disappeared, my anxieties faded and I forgot that I was looking at a book.

I am very happy to present this book to you now. It works on the iPad, iPhone and iTouch and includes a preview of my next fine art film as well as plenty of never before seen still images, behind the scenes images, electromagnetic audio recordings from space, and even a written account of the painting and shooting of the final scene in the film. It costs whatever you want it to cost. If you love it please check out the donation page in the back of the book, but please don’t be shy about passing it around to whomever you’d like.

It is my sincere hope that as you flip through the pages of this book you lose your sense of time and get just as lost in the experience as I did,

- Jeff Frost

Last edited by Magtig; 10-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    First trailer for my next film!

http://www.vimeo.com/frostjeff/modernruintrailer
    Last edited by Magtig; 05-09-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These are great!

0:16 in the new trailer is really, really cool

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by manik instandin View Post
    These are great!

0:16 in the new trailer is really, really cool
    Thank you!

The still image (several posts above) of the sun setting was shot in the same day at the same place. It's the CARMA radio telescope array in California.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    First trailer for my next film!

http://www.vimeo.com/frostjeff/modernruintrailer

Wow, these shots look amazing. Love the sharpness and the tone. Looking forward for the full version.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I am the subject of the latest post on SMOGRANCH, a really cool blog written by film photographer extraordinaire, Daniel Milnor. He reveals a few surprises.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Flawed Symmetry of Prediction is a vimeo staff pick!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This thread title always makes me laugh.

Oh and nice work!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-24-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Holy crap The Atlantic posted about me, and even included an excerpt of the story I wrote for the eBook. Now my parents won't feel so bad about loaning me rent monies.

Also, I spent last night in a storm drain by the LA River. Good times all around.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...79320487_o.jpg

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I haven't done any urban exploring in years. One of the good ones was in a mall that was being torn down. Got some good photos with friend, and then went out to the rubble pile with drumsticks and were "playing" the debris, like giant girders and a 2-ton air conditioning unit. It was fun, and when we stopped someone from across the pile, like a block away shouted "More!!"

Anyway, I gotta grab my camera and find some abandoned structure!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I wish you were in LA, Fixer. This whole thing is threatening to be a sort of regular Sunday night kinda deal.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I may have to see if I can scrounge up funds for a trip down! Johnbron was talking about a trip down in May for that Kubrick exhibit...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Holy shit Magtig! Those videos are epic! I adore Flawed Symmetry of Prediction! It has such a creepy weird vibe to it. Loving 1.16 to 1.42 in particular. I've never seen time lapse done quite like that before

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Empty Kingdom posted FSOP, along with a TON of photography (some from upcoming film work). I'm posting it here because you may remember their HTDA feature with Rob Sheridan.

Also, a show that airs on Canal Plus in France interviewed me over skype. It airs mid-December, and it's called l'Oeil de Links. If you see it let me know what you think. I'm new to being interviewed for any kind of television, and I'm a bit nervous about it.

Last edited by Magtig; 12-03-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I have a new film coming out on Tuesday of next week. Until then, here's the intro video:

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Nice! I'm excited to see it, and not just because I have a personal invested love of the Mojave desert.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Goodbye, steave.