Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fillow's multicam edits

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nine Inch Nails: live at Hollywood Palladium 2018 [Show #6 of 6]

Last show of Cold and Black and Infinite tour. Guest appearances from MQ and Mike Garson. Pretty sure it was longest setlist of the tour.

This is the first release of Palladium series which will include all 6 shows eventually. Decided to start with this one as it was the most important one, and had the most source footage available (almost twice as much as the next best, even though all 6 gigs had roughly the same attendance). It was originally supposed to hype the upcoming tour as well... Let it be a consolation instead.

I spent nearly all summer just collecting raw footage from Palladium gigs. And so much of it still escaped me (many people, including ETS regulars, not replying me to even tell me to gtfo...). Even after all this, I still have some gaps in other shows coverage. So. If you have any footage from Palladium shows #1-5, send it to me and I'll add it to the next installments of this series!
    Thank you @fillow & @ninlive ! I watched this whole show real loud yesterday. I'd heard the tape before but the film @fillow has put together is amazing! I especially enjoyed the HTDA mini set & the 3 songs from Fragile during the encore. So cool to have Mike Garson playing with the band & the cover of Greensleeves is beautiful. Outstanding!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    And here it is: Palladium show #4

Celebrate Pretty Hate Machine 32nd birthday with this.

Footage quality drops in some places as I had to resort to low-resolution instagram/fb rips. Can't work around that, sorry.
    No soundboard audio for this one, but the audience tape is really good.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear...

Last edited by fillow; 11-01-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    And now for something completely different...

How to Destroy Angels @ Las Vegas, Pearl Theater

Did this thing in the breaks between Palladium releases as I needed some variety.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This is how it all began: Palladium show #1.
    (Almost) 3rd anniversary.

Love the 3-song HTDA set in the middle. I get that not everyone liked it at the time (based on tour journal complaints), but come on, with Ilan on live drums and Robin shredding on guitar the songs are basically NIN with a guest singer (if they weren't already).

I was struggling for some time with the audio for this one. There were two recordings on Live Archive - IEM and AUD. IEM capture had a clicktrack through the whole thing and while it still sounded okay for like 80% of the show, some songs were basically ruined by it (specifically Hurt and AATCHB that didn't have any drums on top of the click). And the audience tape wasn't as good on its own as I hoped.
    In the end I mixed my own matrix of the two sources where AUD tape added necessary room ambience and crowd noise. With this mix, I was able to just mute the IEM source and make AUD a bit louder everywhere where the click was unbearable (most of Hurt, most of AATCHB, and the first 10-20 seconds of almost every other song where click started ahead of the actual song). I also edited out Trent's banter in the tech mic in the middle of Reptile (where he says to turn off distracting video monitors in the lobby) because it felt out of place when you can't actually see him speaking.

Work on shows #2 and 3 is in progress. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by fillow; Yesterday at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    These are so wonderful and you did a great job matrixing the audio!