Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fillow's multicam edits

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nine Inch Nails: live at Hollywood Palladium 2018 [Show #6 of 6]

Last show of Cold and Black and Infinite tour. Guest appearances from MQ and Mike Garson. Pretty sure it was longest setlist of the tour.

This is the first release of Palladium series which will include all 6 shows eventually. Decided to start with this one as it was the most important one, and had the most source footage available (almost twice as much as the next best, even though all 6 gigs had roughly the same attendance). It was originally supposed to hype the upcoming tour as well... Let it be a consolation instead.

I spent nearly all summer just collecting raw footage from Palladium gigs. And so much of it still escaped me (many people, including ETS regulars, not replying me to even tell me to gtfo...). Even after all this, I still have some gaps in other shows coverage. So. If you have any footage from Palladium shows #1-5, send it to me and I'll add it to the next installments of this series!
    Thank you @fillow & @ninlive ! I watched this whole show real loud yesterday. I'd heard the tape before but the film @fillow has put together is amazing! I especially enjoyed the HTDA mini set & the 3 songs from Fragile during the encore. So cool to have Mike Garson playing with the band & the cover of Greensleeves is beautiful. Outstanding!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And here it is: Palladium show #4

Celebrate Pretty Hate Machine 32nd birthday with this.

Footage quality drops in some places as I had to resort to low-resolution instagram/fb rips. Can't work around that, sorry.
    No soundboard audio for this one, but the audience tape is really good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear...

Last edited by fillow; 11-01-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And now for something completely different...

How to Destroy Angels @ Las Vegas, Pearl Theater

Did this thing in the breaks between Palladium releases as I needed some variety.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This is how it all began: Palladium show #1.
    (Almost) 3rd anniversary.

Love the 3-song HTDA set in the middle. I get that not everyone liked it at the time (based on tour journal complaints), but come on, with Ilan on live drums and Robin shredding on guitar the songs are basically NIN with a guest singer (if they weren't already).

I was struggling for some time with the audio for this one. There were two recordings on Live Archive - IEM and AUD. IEM capture had a clicktrack through the whole thing and while it still sounded okay for like 80% of the show, some songs were basically ruined by it (specifically Hurt and AATCHB that didn't have any drums on top of the click). And the audience tape wasn't as good on its own as I hoped.
    In the end I mixed my own matrix of the two sources where AUD tape added necessary room ambience and crowd noise. With this mix, I was able to just mute the IEM source and make AUD a bit louder everywhere where the click was unbearable (most of Hurt, most of AATCHB, and the first 10-20 seconds of almost every other song where click started ahead of the actual song). I also edited out Trent's banter in the tech mic in the middle of Reptile (where he says to turn off distracting video monitors in the lobby) because it felt out of place when you can't actually see him speaking.

Work on shows #2 and 3 is in progress. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by fillow; 12-05-2021 at 04:42 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    These are so wonderful and you did a great job matrixing the audio!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Merry Christmas, everyone!

Please enjoy NIN @ Palladium #2 (Dec 8).

Not much to say about this edit, except maybe that the middle slow section of two Bowie covers and The Background World is probably my favorite moment from the entire tour. Absolutely beautiful and touching performance.

Stay safe and have a good weekend!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @fillow , thank you for putting these all together. it's the one thing that has kept us all, i am sure, from going bat nuts not seeing NIN live.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    PARTY LIKE IT'S 1994

Nine Inch Nails performing a set full of oldies at Hollywood Palladium

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Looking forward to watching this later. What a fucking treat that tour was. Thanks @fillow !

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    PARTY LIKE IT'S 1994

Nine Inch Nails performing a set full of oldies at Hollywood Palladium

thank you

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails [Live: With_Teeth]. Summer 2006 Tour

It was fun trying on Rob Sheridan's shoes and trying to create a continuous and consistent feature from completely different recordings, like it was done with And All That Could Have Been. There are some blatant mismatches between footage and audio or between successive cuts, but just know that I tried my best.

Edited together from a few full show recordings found on NIN Live Archive, Rob's livestreams from The Spiral, and of course tons of individual clips from youtube and other places, with the best available audio sources (mostly SBD). Some memorable events/banter from the tour also included. Enjoy.

Two hardest songs to edit were, unexpectedly, Hurt and La Mer. I discovered that they were played with no click and with basically free tempo, so matching several performances together was a pain in the ass. Final Solution was also played with two different tempos, but it at least it was consistent for a each performance and not speeding up and slowing down every few seconds.

One last thought... This edit was about 75% done by mid-February and was planned for early March release. Then the fucking war began and everything came to a dead stop. I've been only slowly coming back to life in the last 2-3 weeks (emotionally and mentally, that is). Still can't watch any movies or tv, but music is fine and really helps me to get through.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I look forward to these. Thanks for putting the effort in. BYIT is great, but of course they couldn't cram everything from WT era in there. I did 3 in a row on that leg, most I've done so lots of good memories from that tour.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for that Fillow, some fun bits in there that I'd not seen before - first time seeing Starfuckers and Into The Void with Aaron, heard that intro of LA Mer, heard Final Solution NIN-style, and Trent's post-storm sex banter! Murphy putting a hat on Trent is both brave and hilarious! Sterling work!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I figured it's time for me to stop hijacking Ryan's threads and to finally start my own. This thread will be used to keep all my releases in one place.

For the start, here's the new edit I finished last week: Seattle 2008

"Welcome to the first official night of the tour... which is gonna last... 14 years!" - T.R.
    I guess he didn't count rehearsal gig or Pemberton as the first show.

This one came out very shaky at times. I was excited to find that the footage was available for all songs on youtube, but a lot of it turned out to be not very good... Still, I didn't want to abandon the edit after it was halfway done.

This show is kinda notable for having a different lighting in THTF. They already abandoned the concept from the rehearsal show, but it was still almost completely red. They will change it into blue just a couple of shows later and for the rest of the tour.
    You can see how rough the band was at this point. Tons of mistakes by TR, a few by Robin and even Josh.

Finally, a live debut of In This Twilight.
    Haven’t seen many videos of the original lights used for The Big Come Down on the LITS tour which were later abandoned me Nice.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    NIN live in Raleigh 2022

I was about to post this a few days ago, but during last quality control re-watch I found a terrible mistake in editing, which meant 10 hours of rendering were wasted... Anyways, here it is.
    I wasn't there in person, but I still think (as I though after watching few first videos from this show) that the band is still very rough here. They already got much better at the following shows. Lights and color designs for many songs were very raw, and were in many cases improved in the later shows. But the excitement of returning to the stage makes up for everything.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Hmmmmmm

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Hmmmmmm
    Don't Hmmmmmmm me!

Nine Inch Nails at Royal Albert Hall, London 2018

A bit disappointed with the quality of the available footage (I know UK people can do better), but the coverage is complete and there are some cool angles from the balconies. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So dope, thank you once again!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    5 years ago today: NIN headline Riot Fest.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Thank you for this! So hyped for Sunday.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I absolutely love these multicam projects! Would doing a website like this be something you're interested in for your multicam edits?

EDIT: Hunter’s Trix is an ongoing Grateful Dead matrix series, combining soundboard and audience recordings of live shows. The series is produced and mixed by Jubal Hunter Seamons and includes CD cover artwork for each volume/show.
    Last edited by Jon; 10-15-2022 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails live in Berlin 2014

[not available for now. working on it]

A unique show from 2014 European tour where the screens and 3x3 square light panels were not used. There is literally no other show on that tour with this production. (Except maybe Latin American shows, but somehow lights for many songs were still different).

Setlist leaning heavily into YZ and HM area (6 songs from Hez Marks are all the songs from the album they ever played after Tension).

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Can we make a Christmas card for @fillow that says "So Impressed With All You Do" in massive Fragile font on the front, signed by all ETS members?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails live in Berlin 2014
    "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Ingo Winter"

Who is Ingo Winter? Someone whose footage you used in the multicam edit?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Ingo Winter"

Who is Ingo Winter? Someone whose footage you used in the multicam edit?
    Yes. Someone who didn't respond one way or another when I inquired about sharing raw footage and who could've saved me a month of work back there and then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes. Someone who didn't respond one way or another when I inquired about sharing raw footage and who could've saved me a month of work back there and then.
    seed0

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    We should send a team to Meet and Greet this individual.

edit: i hope you understood what i meant, @fillow . It's from The Simpsons, and it's something Fat Tony, the mafia guy says. The "meet and greet" implies harming the person
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-27-2023 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    NIN live at Red Rocks 2022. Show #1.

Very pleased with the amount of 4K footage available for this one, and so I decided to render this in 4K too. It's fucking heavy.
    @zeegrizzle did a great job with the audio, considering the weather. Wind was fucking strong. Just look at Ilan's cymbals flying up and down during TDTWAA.

Work on the second one is in progress.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Red Rocks night 2.

Special thanks to everyone who sent me tons of raw 4K footage. Most notably: @TheBang (aka tabanger), @arsenic (aka twoism), @Serfi and Zachary Swickey (probably not on ETS).
    Audio mixed from tapes by @zeegrizzle and Bluejane99.

Also thanks to everyone else who shared stuff and thanks for the patience. This whole thing (Nights 1+2) took half a year in total. Working with 4K sources is so damn slower.