Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: The Walking Dead: World Beyond

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    The Walking Dead: World Beyond

    New spinoff, new thread. @elevenism @ickyvicky

    Has anyone watched the pilot yet? I have it downloaded but have yet to check it out.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Watched this morning. I would say firmly aimed at older teens, some sketchy acting at times. Story is OK. I'm not hungry for the next episode.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    New spinoff, new thread. @elevenism @ickyvicky

    Has anyone watched the pilot yet? I have it downloaded but have yet to check it out.
    it's not exactly stunning, all the way through, but, it has its moments.

    Unlike @Sarah_Munn , I AM hungry for the next episode, because I want to learn more about the crm.

    Like Ms. Sarah, I agree that some of the acting and dialogue isn't great.

    But, this COULD be good, in a Stand By Me sort of way.

    Remember, too, that this show is ABSOLUTELY limited to 20 episodes.

    And Nico, who plays Felix, says that his character knows where Rick Grimes is (in an interview.)

    Idk. This thing is definitely a bridge to the movie/s , which, I think, will be about the CRM experimenting on people and shit to try to find a cure.

    I'm looking forward to the new Fear (and I can't believe I'm saying that.)

    But we'll get Fear and TWB until the bonus episodes of season 10, and I love the anthology idea for fear. Also, the fear show runners MUST have at least TRIED to up their game, since there was a fucking petition to undo the last season.

    I'm ready for it.

    Ryan, at the end of the day, I think you'll like it ok , the new show, because it's connected to TWD and features zombies and shit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ryan, at the end of the day, I think you'll like it ok , the new show, because it's connected to TWD and features zombies and shit.
    Reading that made me LOL out loud. Yeah, I didn’t mind it. Will be interesting to see how it all connects. More than anything I’m interested in seeing what the hell is going on with Morgan.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Reading that made me LOL out loud. Yeah, I didn’t mind it. Will be interesting to see how it all connects. More than anything I’m interested in seeing what the hell is going on with Morgan.
    Hahaha. I figured you would. I think we're on the same page with a lot of this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    847
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I didn't watch it, not interested :-(

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ms. Sarah
    That made me lol.

    I'll watch it, as you said to answer some questions raised. It's worth saying that I love TWD and really enjoyed the first season of Fear but later seasons were patchy.

    We'll see if it gets better.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    You guys see episode 2 yet?

    Good LORD, it's ten times better than the premiere. I love it. They're KILLING it with the Stand By Me vibe.

    The kids aren't superheroes: rather, they're fucking TERRIFIED of the walkers.
    I really like it

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Yeah I liked the second episode. That “empty” full of bees was a neat idea.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,104
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    From episode 1 (haven't seen episode 2 yet). Just what we need, a bunch of politically correct, whiny teenagers. Yay. Kill 'em all & let God sort it out I say.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The two males kids aren't annoying me that much. Iris is getting stupid. Hope is meh.

    edit: just noticed Silas (the bigger kid) is an actor from down here in Australia, that's kinda cool. I didn't realize he was transferred to that community for committing a violent offense. That probably means he has it in him to take down a ton of walkers.

    Do we call them walkers now or empties?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-11-2020 at 07:32 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Yeah I liked the second episode. That “empty” full of bees was a neat idea.
    I liked the character development, and even shit like them in the tree house passing the bowling ball around.

    I liked the shot with the fireflies all around the tree house. I can dig it.

    Like I said, it reminds me of Stand By Me, which is one of my favorite movies of all time.

    And, I can't wait to see how all this shit connects to the Rick movies.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The geeky kid definitely reminds me of some of the kids in Stand By Me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Weeeeellp, that episode was only good for the last 5 minutes.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Weeeeellp, that episode was only good for the last 5 minutes.
    Agreed.

    Being British a particular section made me laugh. Every time in US drama and film.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_Munn View Post
    Agreed.

    Being British a particular section made me laugh. Every time in US drama and film.
    Making him soup?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Making him soup?
    Spoiler: No, tea maybe but not soup. Brits or Russians always tend to be evil villains in American stories. The massive union flag was hilarious.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_Munn View Post
    Spoiler: No, tea maybe but not soup. Brits or Russians always tend to be evil villains in American stories. The massive union flag was hilarious.
    haha, oh yeah. I really dislike this woman.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Finally, something interesting happens with this series.

    4 episodes in.

    After the credits.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Another episode with the best thing happening after the credits.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    847
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    haha oh man

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Yeah, this show isn't exactly really BAD, but, it's REALLY not...good.

    Still, i watch it religiously, just as i struggled through Fear last season.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The kids are getting annoying now. Especially that main chick.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Wow, ep 7 was actually good!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Wow, ep 7 was actually good!
    that's exactly what i came here to say!

    and the trailer for episode 8 looks damn good, too.

    so what if this thing is meant to be a slow burn, that intensifies, and the next three episodes are also good, and maybe even the next season?

    they might have fucked up by having the first six episodes be so damn slow, and lost a lot of people, but, at least it can't be cancelled.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    @Erneuert , the kids that annoy me the most are elton, and iris. i don't mind hope, or silas, or the new kid.

    but JESUS, the whole thing with elton knowing EVERYTHING is overkill. and it's like, he's almost not human, too: like he's on the autism spectrum...except he clearly isn't.

    Case in point: after taking that drink, he said something like "INTERESTING! It's like warm nails blah blah blah something or another." And as if that wasn't cringey enough, the next line was just PAINFUL "So, now, what is customary? More seats?"

    IDGAF HOW nerdy a teenager is, pretty much NO teenage kid in america would all stuffily ask what is "customary" after taking his first drink.

    i'm not blaming the ACTORS, though: they were TOLD to act that way. it's the writing.

    the other thing that annoys the shit out of me, aside from generally nothing happening in the first six hours, is the accent the Huck actress puts on. What in the holy hell is that supposed to be? Castilian by way of Brooklyn or something? I just really can't wrap my mind around that shit. Idk. I know she doesn't REALLY talk like that, because she fucks up and talks more normally now and then. Maybe it will grow on me, though.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @Erneuert , the kids that annoy me the most are elton, and iris. i don't mind hope, or silas, or the new kid.

    but JESUS, the whole thing with elton knowing EVERYTHING is overkill. and it's like, he's almost not human, too: like he's on the autism spectrum...except he clearly isn't.

    Case in point: after taking that drink, he said something like "INTERESTING! It's like warm nails blah blah blah something or another." And as if that wasn't cringey enough, the next line was just PAINFUL "So, now, what is customary? More seats?"

    IDGAF HOW nerdy a teenager is, pretty much NO teenage kid in america would all stuffily ask what is "customary" after taking his first drink.

    i'm not blaming the ACTORS, though: they were TOLD to act that way. it's the writing.

    the other thing that annoys the shit out of me, aside from generally nothing happening in the first six hours, is the accent the Huck actress puts on. What in the holy hell is that supposed to be? Castilian by way of Brooklyn or something? I just really can't wrap my mind around that shit. Idk. I know she doesn't REALLY talk like that, because she fucks up and talks more normally now and then. Maybe it will grow on me, though.
    I wondered what was up with Huck too, because I had trouble understanding her. Turns out she’s married to one of Mel Gibson’s sons and is Indian-Russian, born in Afghanistan. I guess that explains the accent being a bit off.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Episode 8, what the fuck, Huck?!

    The thing she does with her tongue annoys me.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,881
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Episode 8, what the fuck, Huck?!

    The thing she does with her tongue annoys me.
    At least the Indian/Russian/Afghani/possibly lives in Australia info you turned me onto makes her accent more bearable. That setup would cause anyone to have a strange accent.

    So did Silas do it? I vote no.

Posting Permissions