Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead: World Beyond

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

The Walking Dead: World Beyond

New spinoff, new thread. @elevenism @ickyvicky

Has anyone watched the pilot yet? I have it downloaded but have yet to check it out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Watched this morning. I would say firmly aimed at older teens, some sketchy acting at times. Story is OK. I'm not hungry for the next episode.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    New spinoff, new thread. @elevenism @ickyvicky

Has anyone watched the pilot yet? I have it downloaded but have yet to check it out.
    it's not exactly stunning, all the way through, but, it has its moments.

Unlike @Sarah_Munn , I AM hungry for the next episode, because I want to learn more about the crm.

Like Ms. Sarah, I agree that some of the acting and dialogue isn't great.

But, this COULD be good, in a Stand By Me sort of way.

Remember, too, that this show is ABSOLUTELY limited to 20 episodes.

And Nico, who plays Felix, says that his character knows where Rick Grimes is (in an interview.)

Idk. This thing is definitely a bridge to the movie/s , which, I think, will be about the CRM experimenting on people and shit to try to find a cure.

I'm looking forward to the new Fear (and I can't believe I'm saying that.)

But we'll get Fear and TWB until the bonus episodes of season 10, and I love the anthology idea for fear. Also, the fear show runners MUST have at least TRIED to up their game, since there was a fucking petition to undo the last season.

I'm ready for it.

Ryan, at the end of the day, I think you'll like it ok , the new show, because it's connected to TWD and features zombies and shit.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ryan, at the end of the day, I think you'll like it ok , the new show, because it's connected to TWD and features zombies and shit.
    Reading that made me LOL out loud. Yeah, I didn’t mind it. Will be interesting to see how it all connects. More than anything I’m interested in seeing what the hell is going on with Morgan.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Reading that made me LOL out loud. Yeah, I didn’t mind it. Will be interesting to see how it all connects. More than anything I’m interested in seeing what the hell is going on with Morgan.
    Hahaha. I figured you would. I think we're on the same page with a lot of this.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I didn't watch it, not interested :-(

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ms. Sarah
    That made me lol.

I'll watch it, as you said to answer some questions raised. It's worth saying that I love TWD and really enjoyed the first season of Fear but later seasons were patchy.

We'll see if it gets better.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    You guys see episode 2 yet?

Good LORD, it's ten times better than the premiere. I love it. They're KILLING it with the Stand By Me vibe.

The kids aren't superheroes: rather, they're fucking TERRIFIED of the walkers.
    I really like it

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Yeah I liked the second episode. That “empty” full of bees was a neat idea.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    From episode 1 (haven't seen episode 2 yet). Just what we need, a bunch of politically correct, whiny teenagers. Yay. Kill 'em all & let God sort it out I say.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The two males kids aren't annoying me that much. Iris is getting stupid. Hope is meh.

edit: just noticed Silas (the bigger kid) is an actor from down here in Australia, that's kinda cool. I didn't realize he was transferred to that community for committing a violent offense. That probably means he has it in him to take down a ton of walkers.

Do we call them walkers now or empties?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-11-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah I liked the second episode. That “empty” full of bees was a neat idea.
    I liked the character development, and even shit like them in the tree house passing the bowling ball around.

I liked the shot with the fireflies all around the tree house. I can dig it.

Like I said, it reminds me of Stand By Me, which is one of my favorite movies of all time.

And, I can't wait to see how all this shit connects to the Rick movies.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The geeky kid definitely reminds me of some of the kids in Stand By Me.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Weeeeellp, that episode was only good for the last 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Weeeeellp, that episode was only good for the last 5 minutes.
    Agreed.

Being British a particular section made me laugh. Every time in US drama and film.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_Munn View Post
    Agreed.

Being British a particular section made me laugh. Every time in US drama and film.
    Making him soup?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Making him soup?
    Spoiler: No, tea maybe but not soup. Brits or Russians always tend to be evil villains in American stories. The massive union flag was hilarious.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_Munn View Post
    Spoiler: No, tea maybe but not soup. Brits or Russians always tend to be evil villains in American stories. The massive union flag was hilarious.
    haha, oh yeah. I really dislike this woman.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Finally, something interesting happens with this series.

4 episodes in.

After the credits.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Another episode with the best thing happening after the credits.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    haha oh man

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah, this show isn't exactly really BAD, but, it's REALLY not...good.

Still, i watch it religiously, just as i struggled through Fear last season.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The kids are getting annoying now. Especially that main chick.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Wow, ep 7 was actually good!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Wow, ep 7 was actually good!
    that's exactly what i came here to say!

and the trailer for episode 8 looks damn good, too.

so what if this thing is meant to be a slow burn, that intensifies, and the next three episodes are also good, and maybe even the next season?

they might have fucked up by having the first six episodes be so damn slow, and lost a lot of people, but, at least it can't be cancelled.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Erneuert , the kids that annoy me the most are elton, and iris. i don't mind hope, or silas, or the new kid.

but JESUS, the whole thing with elton knowing EVERYTHING is overkill. and it's like, he's almost not human, too: like he's on the autism spectrum...except he clearly isn't.

Case in point: after taking that drink, he said something like "INTERESTING! It's like warm nails blah blah blah something or another." And as if that wasn't cringey enough, the next line was just PAINFUL "So, now, what is customary? More seats?"

IDGAF HOW nerdy a teenager is, pretty much NO teenage kid in america would all stuffily ask what is "customary" after taking his first drink.

i'm not blaming the ACTORS, though: they were TOLD to act that way. it's the writing.

the other thing that annoys the shit out of me, aside from generally nothing happening in the first six hours, is the accent the Huck actress puts on. What in the holy hell is that supposed to be? Castilian by way of Brooklyn or something? I just really can't wrap my mind around that shit. Idk. I know she doesn't REALLY talk like that, because she fucks up and talks more normally now and then. Maybe it will grow on me, though.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @Erneuert , the kids that annoy me the most are elton, and iris. i don't mind hope, or silas, or the new kid.

but JESUS, the whole thing with elton knowing EVERYTHING is overkill. and it's like, he's almost not human, too: like he's on the autism spectrum...except he clearly isn't.

Case in point: after taking that drink, he said something like "INTERESTING! It's like warm nails blah blah blah something or another." And as if that wasn't cringey enough, the next line was just PAINFUL "So, now, what is customary? More seats?"

IDGAF HOW nerdy a teenager is, pretty much NO teenage kid in america would all stuffily ask what is "customary" after taking his first drink.

i'm not blaming the ACTORS, though: they were TOLD to act that way. it's the writing.

the other thing that annoys the shit out of me, aside from generally nothing happening in the first six hours, is the accent the Huck actress puts on. What in the holy hell is that supposed to be? Castilian by way of Brooklyn or something? I just really can't wrap my mind around that shit. Idk. I know she doesn't REALLY talk like that, because she fucks up and talks more normally now and then. Maybe it will grow on me, though.
    I wondered what was up with Huck too, because I had trouble understanding her. Turns out she’s married to one of Mel Gibson’s sons and is Indian-Russian, born in Afghanistan. I guess that explains the accent being a bit off.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Episode 8, what the fuck, Huck?!

The thing she does with her tongue annoys me.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Episode 8, what the fuck, Huck?!

The thing she does with her tongue annoys me.
    At least the Indian/Russian/Afghani/possibly lives in Australia info you turned me onto makes her accent more bearable. That setup would cause anyone to have a strange accent.

So did Silas do it? I vote no.