Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Black Sabbath / Heaven & Hell

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm near the end of Tony Iommi's autobiography, there was a funny story that while recording Born Again a vicar visited them with a petition wanting them out as they were too noisy, and that was the influence for 'Disturbing the Priest'

(this was responding to the previous post but it's got stuck at the top of the next page)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^ Great history, thanks for sharing!

On Topic: Black Sabbath played in Lollapalooza with almost the same set as Download, they are not longer opening with "Into the Void" and there's no "Under the Sun"

Set list here

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I was there at the show at Lolla and it was awesome. Hung out towards the back and had a blast. Although the lame ass dubstep bro crowd all split between Bassnectar at Perry's and The Black Keys. Sabbath had a really small crowd, but that just made it feel more intimate. The guitarist from Jeff The Brotherhood stood next to me for a while and we cheered and sang together. Pretty cool.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Such a shame, Sabbath deserves a huge crowd!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

<33333

Underrated song and album.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Black Sabbath

God is Dead? (and I Ozzy cares)
    http://www.iheartradio.com/player/?mid=23086234

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    did not expect the single to be this good honestly. Very excited for 13 now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Holy fuckin shit!!! need this album now!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    on youtube as well.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Thread is dead

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    right. that's why you bump it with new info instead of starting a new one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to the new album now!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Heard the single tonight - liked it, particularly Geezers work on the solo. No Tony solo is odd, but, liked the riffs, made me go and play Sabbath on the bass for an hour!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    It's awful.
    But then again, I don't understand Sabbath worship. To me Led Zep are a million times heavier and more interesting.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if I want to hear this song. The idea of the original Sabbath w/o Bill Ward, unless it's the Dio-led Sabbath w/ Vinny Caprice on drums, just doesn't seem right.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Black Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    It's awful.
    But then again, I don't understand Sabbath worship. To me Led Zep are a million times heavier and more interesting.
    Blasphemy!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The new song sounds good. Added sense of doom in the instrumentation, something this band has always been good at and always will be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm not sure if I want to hear this song. The idea of the original Sabbath w/o Bill Ward, unless it's the Dio-led Sabbath w/ Vinny Appice on drums, just doesn't seem right.
    I get that everybody was hoping for a reunion, but Sabbath has had so many lineups I can't get why it really matters anymore. Bill Ward has flaked out on reuniting with Sabbath twice now. Heaven and Hell as a band should've been called "The Mob Rules."

This new song is okay, but really doesn't need to be as long as it is. And it's definitely not better than Bible Black.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Led Zepplin are good but I will never be able to get around all of their need to steal other peoples music.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Perhaps you should read up on all the various lineups of Sabbath over the years. Vinny replaced Bill and I don't see everyone whining about that! I LOVE Bill and think highly of him but my take on the situation is that if Bill played with them they would have to hire a backup drummer for the whole tour because his health would not allow him to tour at a vigorous pace. He was a great drummer but age/substance abuse can take a toll on extremely physical activities like drumming. I wish he was there too but its just not possible.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    It's okay...but just sounds like something you'd hear on like some kind of Ozzy solo record. I think the production is too clean and kind of hurts the song in a way.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone listen to the stream? I'm about half way through right now and its pretty damn great imo

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I ripped it to hold me down till next week. Its fucking awesome

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    YES it is F'n awesome!!!! I am on track 5 and think it kicks ass! It is totally Sabbath! I kinda get the Ozzy solo comparisons but then I just listen and hear what is obviously Tony and Geezer TEARING shit up!!!
    Last edited by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY; 06-04-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm digging this. I did not expect them to reinvent the wheel with this album, I just wanted new Sabbath. They delivered to me...

Zeitgeist is awesome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Heard the standard (8 track) version of the album today. Have to say, it bloody rocks - in a way that any Sab afficianado should approve of. The album, while produced well, could easily pass for the prime time mid 70's era from a song writing aspect. Everyone holds their end up, and Brad Wilk does a sterling job of replacing Bill Ward. There's nothing new here, but for once, that doesn't really matter - this is just a band doing what they do, very very well.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I don't know. It sounds like they tried to copy themselves and didn't even do a good job it. I wasn't impressed at a full listen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    Perhaps you should read up on all the various lineups of Sabbath over the years. Vinny replaced Bill and I don't see everyone whining about that! I LOVE Bill and think highly of him but my take on the situation is that if Bill played with them they would have to hire a backup drummer for the whole tour because his health would not allow him to tour at a vigorous pace. He was a great drummer but age/substance abuse can take a toll on extremely physical activities like drumming. I wish he was there too but its just not possible.
    Yep, metallers are full of shit. Everyone worshipped heaven and hell even though that was sabbath with 2 replacement members, but dismiss the current reunion because it has a different drummer. Different drummer is out of order, but becomes ok if you replace the singer too, metaller logic, torn between the need to make sense and the need to worship dio