Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: NIN HoloLens experiments

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

NIN HoloLens experiments

So I have a Microsoft HoloLens, an augmented/mixed reality headset device. Among other things, it lets you place virtual objects in space and then keeps their position as you move around. And, of course, one of the first things I did with it is code up a silly NIN-inspired demo. It's just an extruded 3d NIN logo pulsing in sync to Closer while spinning icons from nincatalog appear around it in a sphere. When I "tap" on the icons, they spin faster for awhile. Fortunately, unlike the VR systems like the Rift or Vive, it's possible to convey what the experience is like to others with video recorded from the device. Here's an unpolished recording:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That's pretty awesome! Like a Nine Inch Nails fever dream

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Excellent way to make an office space more aesthetically pleasing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That looks absolutely grand! Could you please elaborate on the headset you are using? I am very interested in virtual reality, however my adventure with Samsung VR ended up with a huge headache. I also get a throbbing headache when trying to watch those action packed short, 3D movies in IMAX. I read somewhere that it may be a matter of settings and FPS and not "my fault". Did you ever experience any unpleasant effects with the Microsoft set?