Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 151 to 161 of 161

Thread: The Mars Volta

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    478
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    You guys heard Omar's cover of Ellie Goulding's 'Lights'?

    It's kinda fucking awesome imo.
    Yeah that's a fucking brilliant cover.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've been drifting back towards listening to Mars Volta again, and did a little research to discover the version I have of the "Summer Demo Sessions" (pre Deloused) from 2002 is missing Televators. I also learned there's apparently a "Summer Demo Session" and a "Winter Demo Session." Can anybody with one or both hook me up with a PM? It's weird, I'm so used to just streaming these days I don't even know where to find downloads anymore.

    THANKS!

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,504
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I’m biased as all hell, but I’d say Deloused in the Comatorium has one of the top 100 album intros of the last 20 years with “Son Et Lumière” + “Intertiatic ESP.”

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Juan is in a coma. This fucking sucks. I hope he makes it out of this

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,081
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    wow, didn't know about that scientology thing.

    not cool.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is likely the first post-TMV content from Omar I'ved been interested in hearing.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,673
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    This is likely the first post-TMV content from Omar I'ved been interested in hearing.
    He has a ton of really great post-tmv material (depending on how you define that.)

    I listened to this today and it was remarkably boring. I do t know what the hell happened to this guy

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    He has a ton of really great post-tmv material (depending on how you define that.)

    I listened to this today and it was remarkably boring. I do t know what the hell happened to this guy
    I've just found most of his output to be too experimental and without enough structure to be listenable.
    This release is the most digestable, for better or worse.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    726
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/cloudshillmusic/...25648642580481
    Cloud Hills aquired all of ORL back catalogs, including solo, Antemasque and De Facto. "On top of that we are working on a partnership with Wise Music Group to manage the publishing of prog-rock legends The Mars Volta".

    Tremulant EP will be released on streaming services this friday (the remaster is still available on bandcamp).

    A couple of "happy gif" about repressings too.
    Last edited by PhoenixML; 02-23-2021 at 02:56 PM.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    https://twitter.com/cloudshillmusic/...25648642580481
    Cloud Hills aquired all of ORL back catalogs, including solo, Antemasque and De Facto. "On top of that we are working on a partnership with Wise Music Group to manage the publishing of prog-rock legends The Mars Volta".

    Tremulant EP will be released on streaming services this friday (the remaster is still available on bandcamp).

    A couple of "happy gif" about repressings too.
    Oh, shit! Does this mean I can finally own a copy of "De-Loused..." on vinyl that won't cost an arm and a leg???

Posting Permissions