Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would you wear a mask to a NIN show?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Agree with all the posts that say no gigs until this entire thing is over.

However it's well within NIN's scope to do an online gig - they know we'd pay for it, and I've attended several online gigs that have been of good quality. I'll miss being lovingly crushed by you all during, but I can handle that.
    TR's involvement in the 1/8 Mike Garson Bowie gig could be a nice trial run for a future online NIN show. CRC Sessions 2.0 would be verry niiiice [/borat voice]

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I would happily wear a mask to see NIN live. I would even go so far as being covered head to toe in black sack cloth in July in Florida.

As long as I can be on the rail. And the front of my mask offers one of the following :

luv U Trent
    wanna have UR bb
    play hurt
    play that FUK U song
    woooooo!!

/jk *evil laugh*

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Trent just literally said in the pre-HOF NIN interview that webcam live performance is boring and they aren't doing it, nor they are going to do a live masked show because it implies situation still isn't 100% safe.
    He also said the same things earlier in one of Watchmen promo interviews.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Masks? Considering I already wear one at work for anywhere from 8-12 hours a day, no problemo.

Social Distancing? Well considering I'm a taper and I don't want anyone in my immediate vicinity anyways, yes please!

But trent already said it ain't gonna happen, so let's just hope things are normal ish enough next year for a tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Trent just literally said in the pre-HOF NIN interview that webcam live performance is boring and they aren't doing it, nor they are going to do a live masked show because it implies situation still isn't 100% safe.
    He also said the same things earlier in one of Watchmen promo interviews.
    depends. playing the songs - yes. doing fucked up modular noise ambient set - no.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It could be possible to do something in a years time. I hope.

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Trent just literally said in the pre-HOF NIN interview that webcam live performance is boring and they aren't doing it
    I think if there's a band that could pull it off it'd be someone w/ NIN's resources. Maybe/hopefully they will. I feel like it's a creative issue, but I have no idea how a "live web concert" would really function. I've tried to watch some of them and I don't get it; it just feels the same as watching a concert video that could have been filmed whenever.

The concept where you park your car in a lot has sounded interesting. Even outside of pandemic circumstances, there's some cool conceptual possibilities there. Unfortunately every time I hear about a band doing something like that, it's Bush or something.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I think if there's a band that could pull it off it'd be someone w/ NIN's resources. Maybe/hopefully they will. I feel like it's a creative issue, but I have no idea how a "live web concert" would really function. I've tried to watch some of them and I don't get it; it just feels the same as watching a concert video that could have been filmed whenever.

The concept where you park your car in a lot has sounded interesting. Even outside of pandemic circumstances, there's some cool conceptual possibilities there. Unfortunately every time I hear about a band doing something like that, it's Bush or something.
    "don't let your mask slip by
    covid-19
    covid-19"

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "don't let your mask slip by
    covid-19
    covid-19"
    "How did I slip into th-" *cue 1,000,000 intro drums*