Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Would you wear a mask to a NIN show?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Agree with all the posts that say no gigs until this entire thing is over.

However it's well within NIN's scope to do an online gig - they know we'd pay for it, and I've attended several online gigs that have been of good quality. I'll miss being lovingly crushed by you all during, but I can handle that.
    TR's involvement in the 1/8 Mike Garson Bowie gig could be a nice trial run for a future online NIN show. CRC Sessions 2.0 would be verry niiiice [/borat voice]

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I would happily wear a mask to see NIN live. I would even go so far as being covered head to toe in black sack cloth in July in Florida.

As long as I can be on the rail. And the front of my mask offers one of the following :

luv U Trent
    wanna have UR bb
    play hurt
    play that FUK U song
    woooooo!!

/jk *evil laugh*

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trent just literally said in the pre-HOF NIN interview that webcam live performance is boring and they aren't doing it, nor they are going to do a live masked show because it implies situation still isn't 100% safe.
    He also said the same things earlier in one of Watchmen promo interviews.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Masks? Considering I already wear one at work for anywhere from 8-12 hours a day, no problemo.

Social Distancing? Well considering I'm a taper and I don't want anyone in my immediate vicinity anyways, yes please!

But trent already said it ain't gonna happen, so let's just hope things are normal ish enough next year for a tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Trent just literally said in the pre-HOF NIN interview that webcam live performance is boring and they aren't doing it, nor they are going to do a live masked show because it implies situation still isn't 100% safe.
    He also said the same things earlier in one of Watchmen promo interviews.
    depends. playing the songs - yes. doing fucked up modular noise ambient set - no.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It could be possible to do something in a years time. I hope.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Trent just literally said in the pre-HOF NIN interview that webcam live performance is boring and they aren't doing it
    I think if there's a band that could pull it off it'd be someone w/ NIN's resources. Maybe/hopefully they will. I feel like it's a creative issue, but I have no idea how a "live web concert" would really function. I've tried to watch some of them and I don't get it; it just feels the same as watching a concert video that could have been filmed whenever.

The concept where you park your car in a lot has sounded interesting. Even outside of pandemic circumstances, there's some cool conceptual possibilities there. Unfortunately every time I hear about a band doing something like that, it's Bush or something.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I think if there's a band that could pull it off it'd be someone w/ NIN's resources. Maybe/hopefully they will. I feel like it's a creative issue, but I have no idea how a "live web concert" would really function. I've tried to watch some of them and I don't get it; it just feels the same as watching a concert video that could have been filmed whenever.

The concept where you park your car in a lot has sounded interesting. Even outside of pandemic circumstances, there's some cool conceptual possibilities there. Unfortunately every time I hear about a band doing something like that, it's Bush or something.
    "don't let your mask slip by
    covid-19
    covid-19"

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "don't let your mask slip by
    covid-19
    covid-19"
    "How did I slip into th-" *cue 1,000,000 intro drums*

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am downright religious about wearing masks when I am out of my house--- and if I had to wear a mask to see NIN, like I thought might still be slightly possible when they moved the HOF induction ceremony, I would have worn a mask to that show. But I don't think there will be any *real* concerts until there is widespread vaccination.

I went to all 6 shows in LA in 2018. I was on the rail for 4/6 shows. I camped outside the venue on and off throughout that week. I slept in my car. I also came down with the worst case of NIN-fluenza I have ever had. When the *wave goodbye shows* happened in 2009, and Swine Flu was a thing, we all blithely joked about it. That was my first foray with hard core Nin-Fluenza. I think I nursed a cold for two weeks after. But after the LA residency in 2018, I was sick for almost six weeks after the shows. If I could have prevented Nin-fluenza by wearing a mask, I would. The pits are always going to be a petri dish.

In a post-covid world, I hope we get to all smush each other again. But I am now also of the age where I am hoping for some new concert/immersion experiences. I want to see a philharmonic performance of NIN songs. I'd love something done at LACMA, or MOMA or any kind of immersive art experience.

Not going to shows sucks. I had tickets to see Dead Can Dance. I was so stoked. Permanent lung and organ damage sucks more.

Wear a goddamn mask.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Soooo... how are we feeling about these same issues now that there is a vaccine and shows on the calendar?

I'm fully vaxxed, but I still intend to wear a mask and be in the pit.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Soooo... how are we feeling about these same issues now that there is a vaccine and shows on the calendar?

100% just going to wear a mask and post up in the back.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    YES, N95 all day. And... Yes, I'm fully vaccinated.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    N95 for sure, as the Rockville is likely to be hillbilly central with the Trumpers in tow. It's also why I went in on the VIP pass to hopefully avoid some of the riffraff.
    And I'm fully vaxxed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Same here.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    N95 for sure, as the Rockville is likely to be hillbilly central with the Trumpers in tow. It's also why I went in on the VIP pass to hopefully avoid some of the riffraff.
    And I'm fully vaxxed.
    What does the VIP ticket get you?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Fully vax'd and Covid long haul survivor. I'll have a KN95 on the whole flight to Cleveland and back, and likely either that or the NIN cloth mask all the way up until house lights go down. Not sure after that, but I'm staying masked as long as comfortable unless things are like 99.9% normal by then. Glad that venue is basically wide open with a canopy overhead, should be a steady breeze from the water blowing through.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 07-17-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Now picturing the entire band in masks, and TR just sinking $100k and countless hours into perfecting an LED screen sewn into one that shows pre-recorded video of his lips moving on it in time with each song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    health care worker with 32 years experience, i've been double vaccinated
    have tickets in the pit. plan to mosh and whatever.
    of course i will wear a mask - keep both myself and everyone else safe
    this shit spreads ....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    FWIW, I went to a concert last week (2000 attendees, indoors, full capacity) and only 20% of people at most were wearing masks. Unless there's a mandate, I don't expect that percentage to be higher for all the forthcoming NIN shows.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    FWIW, I went to a concert last week (2000 attendees, indoors, full capacity) and only 20% of people at most were wearing masks. Unless there's a mandate, I don't expect that percentage to be higher for all the forthcoming NIN shows.
    I’m so distracted by your username. I keep thinking about people wearing masks to avoid the buckets of lube hitting them in the face than anything else.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Well, it's really unfortunate that the peak of the delta surge is most likely going to be in September.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Well, it's really unfortunate that the peak of the delta surge is most likely going to be in September.
    we’re nin fans. we can handle disappointment.
    (jesus fucking christ)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Honestly, I would sweat my ass off in this if they asked me to.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Now picturing the entire band in masks, and TR just sinking $100k and countless hours into perfecting an LED screen sewn into one that shows pre-recorded video of his lips moving on it in time with each song.
    Ahhh, finally we enter NIN's Rock-A-Fire Explosion phase.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Honestly, I would sweat my ass off in this if they asked me to.
    Would 100% do this.

I have come to the realization that it may not happen and I can be ok with it. I would just hope they would have a rehearsal jam or something?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I’d wear a hazmat suit as long as I get to be at a NIN show.

@FULLMETAL - that’s what I was thinking. Even more extreme if need be. And it would be the cleanest I’ve ever come out of a sweaty crowd in my life. Win-win. Just slap me if I faint from the heat and I’ll be fine.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I would just hope they would have a rehearsal jam or something?
    Ilan said on his IG stream last week that rehearsals didn't start yet, FWIW

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Ilan said on his IG stream last week that rehearsals didn't start yet, FWIW
    Correct, they start in August. I was referring to if the shows get postponed that they just did a live stream of the songs they had been rehearsing at the rehearsal space or something.