Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: New Live Lineup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Live Lineup

I started searching around online for any news on an official lineup for the upcoming 2021 shows. The only thing I discovered was a rather hilarious article about it. I'll post the link here and I highly encourage it for a good laugh. (sorry if it's old news here) It took me a second to realize it was a joke.

It's safe to assume Atticus, Robin and Ian, yeah?
    On the last tour it seemed like Atticus stole a lot of Alessandro's live contributions. Also I see Danny Lohner retweeting Nine Inch Nails show announcements now. I'm not sure if he's always done this but maybe we could see him back on bass? Be sweet.

Funny article -- https://thehardtimes.net/music/new-n...om-taskrabbit/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Not sure why going forward the live NIN lineup would be anything other than Trent, Atticus, Robin, Alessandro and Ilan.

There was speculation that perhaps Danny and Chris would've had some sort of involvement with the Rock Hall induction performance, and if the Cleveland shows are some kind of "consolation" for that then maybe they'll make a special appearance there, but I don't believe there's been any formal indication that's happening.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, I can't see Trent bringing new people on board for just a handful of shows. It should be pretty easy to secure the regulars who already know the material.

If 2022/2023 sees a bigger tour, then it'll depend on who's available. Atticus, Robin, and Alessandro seem pretty content to just be always available. Ilan has his own stuff going on, so I could see him having conflicts, but he's also been with NIN for over ten years now, so I would guess he sees it as his main gig.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvulNate View Post
    I started searching around online for any news on an official lineup for the upcoming 2021 shows. The only thing I discovered was a rather hilarious article about it. I'll post the link here and I highly encourage it for a good laugh. (sorry if it's old news here) It took me a second to realize it was a joke.

It's safe to assume Atticus, Robin and Ian, yeah?
    On the last tour it seemed like Atticus stole a lot of Alessandro's live contributions. Also I see Danny Lohner retweeting Nine Inch Nails show announcements now. I'm not sure if he's always done this but maybe we could see him back on bass? Be sweet.

Funny article -- https://thehardtimes.net/music/new-n...om-taskrabbit/
    It's really really funny. Some people are going to lose their little minds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since the shows were announced (my sister and I have GA + Fast Pass for both Tuesday and Thursday) my big question has been will all of the inductees/past members show up and play with the band? If so, that will be EPIC. Lohner is one of my favorites so I do hope he is included - my first show he threw a water right to me from the stage!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The irony of that article is that a lot of fans have a lot of time for the touring members and collaborators of NIN, moreso than plenty of bands who are supposed to be bands like Maroon 5, Coldplay, who knows more than 2 members of Fall Out Boy? I actually bought all of Alessandro Cortinis back catalogue on bandcamp when he did an offer because Luna played during an interview about synths he did and I fell in love with it
    Last edited by WorzelG; 08-10-2021 at 04:21 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Trent said either during the last tour or perhaps during the RRHoF press run that as far as he is concerned, the current live lineup is the live lineup he wants going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the odds are high we will see previous NIN member appearances for a handful of songs at the Cleveland RRHoF shows if they are rescheduled.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    No need for this anymore. Thanks Delta!