Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prince, His Purple Majesty

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    the way they're going through his discography
    Notice how they skipped Around The World In A Day and Parade. Wonder what they're working on for putting out next.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Notice how they skipped Around The World In A Day and Parade. Wonder what they're working on for putting out next.
    Parade is next, work already in progress. Then Batman or Graffiti Bridge. Then they'll do a proper deluxe version of Purple Rain.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What was wrong with the last one?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Eight CDs and a DVD

Fuck me

I have to start saving up for whatever Batman box they're going to put out, they way they're going through his discography
    I wouldn't hold your breath for a Batman box. The licensing for the logos and audio samples used will surely be a nightmare to sort out.

It'll be Parade next.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I wonder how they will treat his 90s output. Such a spotty era for Prince with all that new jack swing and rapping having aged especially bad.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Eight CDs and a DVD

Fuck me

I have to start saving up for whatever Batman box they're going to put out, they way they're going through his discography
    There's an intense amount of good stuff in the SOTT box. He definitely was operating on a higher level during those years.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wonder how they will treat his 90s output. Such a spotty era for Prince with all that new jack swing and rapping having aged especially bad.
    Either just left alone or given a new remaster and released without any big box sets behind them.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I mean, there's a shitton of stuff even from the 90s era. Countless legendary concerts from Tokyo (When Doves Cry with bass, anyone?), Dortmund, Paisley Park, etc., unreleased albums and recordings on mass (see Old Friends 4 Sale or Chaos & Disorder [a straight rock album with recordings from the early to mid 90s] for a taste of that). But I guess they'll be doing a lot of 80's stuff first.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    But I guess they'll be doing a lot of 80's stuff first.
    That's where the majority of the money will be. No one besides hardcore fans will give a shite about those mid-late 90's albums, even less so the drivel he released in the 2000's.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Yes! I'd image for the 90's or 00's they'd be better off unearthing unreleased projects / concert recordings.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Couple reissues have been announced.

The Truth (bonus disc from the 1998 Crystal Ball boxset) drops for the June date of Record Store Day
    https://recordstoreday.com/UPC/190759355015

Welcome 2 America (unreleased album from 2010) drops July 30th
    https://pitchfork.com/news/unvaulted...t-for-release/

Word through the grapevine is that Diamonds & Pearls will be the next Super Deluxe Edition release.
    There was also talk of Crystal Ball being reissued on vinyl. The fact that The Truth is coming out for RSD somewhat confirms that rumour.
    Curious if they will also be releasing Kamasutra & the first 3 discs separately, as well as a boxset containing everything (sort of how they recently started releasing individuals parts of the One Nite Alone boxset..)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Wow, that title song from "Welcome 2 America" is exquisite.

Last edited by botley; 04-08-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    oooo a Diamond & Pearls super deluxe sounds good!! I love that era (sans the rap, ugh ) .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Diamonds and Pearls SDE is out Oct 27th!

includes a disc of remastered b-sides and remixes, three CDs of vault tracks, a full show of live audio from the 11 January 1992 show at Glam Slam, Minneapolis, MN, and a Blu-Ray release of that same show, the 20 July 1991 Special Olympics performance at the Minneapolis Metrodome, as well as its soundcheck, and the full Diamonds And Pearls Video Collection
    , previously only available on VHS (released in 1992) and DVD (released in 2006)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Got it on pre-order (Amazon Canada had an amazing price for the CD set). Also looking forward to the Dolby Atmos version!