Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: thninchnails: heresy ep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Without going into too many specifics, the Republic of Ireland is its own independent state and Northern Ireland is a constituent country of the United Kingdom. They are more-or-less completely different countries.
    I'm well aware of that. That's why I wrote it as "relatively near each other on the island of IRELAND". I was just being dumb anyway.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    what is behind the bizarre, meltdown sleeve notes, melding the history of NIN and Atticus into a Watchmen cold war alternative linear reality.

Sleazy and Trent fell out over the SIN video debacle? Then became friends again, it was being made into a short horror film WTF

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    what is behind the bizarre, meltdown sleeve notes, melding the history of NIN and Atticus into a Watchmen cold war alternative linear reality.

Sleazy and Trent fell out over the SIN video debacle? Then became friends again, it was being made into a short horror film WTF
    My take on this is that TNIN 'Sin' video was an alternate universe version of the Broken movie (or at least part of it).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    @spahn , should this get an entry in the catalog under unauthorized?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    @spahn , should this get an entry in the catalog under unauthorized?
    We can. There has never been a set of rules to add items to Unauthorized. The Strobe Light album was the first "fan mix" album added but no other fan mix had previously been added.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    We can. There has never been a set of rules to add items to Unauthorized. The Strobe Light album was the first "fan mix" album added but no other fan mix had previously been added.
    That's why I asked, 'cause recently I saw Strobe Light in there. Thank you for all your work on the Catalog site! It's a great resource!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    That reminds me, Iím surprised you didnít work this Reptile with Peter Murphy in somehow, it fit your theme:

And also sampling of Coil to acknowledge Peter C: First Dark Ride shares many of the samples as The Downward Spiral (The Bottom):
    Nah. Not sample. Same filtering effect used in both tracks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stlkr View Post
    Nah. Not sample. Same filtering effect used in both tracks.
    Nope. Itís a sample.

Appears at 3:45 in The Downward Spiral (The Bottom) and at 2:36 in First Dark Ride.

Itís a slower pitch in FDR because the sample was triggered lower on the keyboard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Nope. It’s a sample.

Appears at 3:45 in The Downward Spiral (The Bottom) and at 2:36 in First Dark Ride.

It’s a slower pitch in FDR because the sample was triggered lower on the keyboard.
    I talked with Danny Hyde few years ago regarding it and he said it wasn't a sample.
    But who knows - he just didn't want to admit that he rehashed it.
    Like he does now with COIL tracks in his collection.
    He's selling out COIL legacy.
    Any track he has, he sells it. Makes new one from old one just to earn $$$$.
    The fun fact is that he was their sound engineer on a payroll, really not a member as told by late John Balance.
    It's like FLOOD would sell NiN tracks after Trent has died.
    I feel bad because I used to run his project profiles back on myspace and fb.
    I even was creating sounds for Electric Sewer Age around 2006-2008.
    Last edited by stlkr; Today at 03:20 AM.